R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:25 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!

Hello everybody. I am currently painting my "Oval" door panel trim and dashboard trim. I went to a speciality paint supply store and had them mix me the paint color code of "Mellow Yellow" (If you were wondering the paint code is A58). He then threw it into a spray paint can and I was on my way. Now the pictures I am first posting, the parts are all not finished because we only bought 1 can, and coming in at $25.00 a can isnt too cheap. But please tell me your feedback! First thing tomorrow when I wake up I am going to pick up one more can to finish things up and completed pictures will be up tomorrow, but for now here you go

P.S I have had my Rennline Porsche RS style door handles but just have not posted any pictures of them, but there should be one in there! Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0092.jpg   Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0091.jpg   Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0093.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
And here is the RS door handle exposed.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0088.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 05:35 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same with my lightning blue. Do you have the textured door ovals or the smooth ones?

Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
I have the textured ones but needless to say they still really look great with the yellow. I can't wait to go get the next can first thing in the morning finish em up, and peel that masking off. If you ever have a chance to look at OrangeCrushes old JCW Oscar, he did the same and it looked goregous. When I finish up tomorrow I'll post more pics. So stay posted!

Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
And one more thing, by the ovals being textured might make it sort of a flat mellow yellow I picked up some clearcoat to protect and hopefully give it a bit more of a pop

Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Can't wait for you to post tomorrow.
It's going to look fantastic.
IMO, Mellow Yellow is one MINIs very best colors.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:05 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by benzoc
I have the textured ones but needless to say they still really look great with the yellow. I can't wait to go get the next can first thing in the morning finish em up, and peel that masking off. If you ever have a chance to look at OrangeCrushes old JCW Oscar, he did the same and it looked goregous. When I finish up tomorrow I'll post more pics. So stay posted!
OK staying tuned!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@littlewing Thank you I really am sure its going to turn out great. But I know I am in love with the color Mellow Yellow and since owning the car it's grown more and more on me. But it's unfortunate they don't make the color anymore :( but shoot what can ya do right? On another note though I really like the look of your pepper white! Soon I am going to have to get a bike rack soon like yours

Old 06-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Nice! I can't wait to see it all put together. Have you seen fellow NAMer's car "Butters"? He has another nice yellow accented interior. There's a bunch of pics in this thread. You might want to pick up TWO cans.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Not4no1
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the complements Kirby11.

Benzoc, I like what you've started. I would definitely recommend a clear coat once you get the yellow done. It will smooth out some of the roughness & make the finish more durrable.

FYI: On Butters, I did 4-5 coats of yellow and 2 coats of UV Clear coat (spray paint/Shaker can) Since Mellow is darker than Liquid, you might get away with fewer coats.

I used a UV clear coat since Butters is a Cabrio & I didn't want any fading.

Post some more picts when you get done. I love seeing others "Youification" ...Different is good!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:10 AM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@Kirby Yeah Butters looks great! And I might once i finish up have to go post some pics in there!
BTW I like those Orange Mirror caps and Brake Air ducts too!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@Not4no1 Thank you vey much! I really like what you have done to yours as well! I havent seen another 1st Gen like yours. It really does pull the car together on the interior. But I will have to probably put more coats on like you said you did with yours, and What you said about the "fading" thats the thing I dont want as well haha. But after today i think i will be fine. So stay tuned they should be up by Noon central time!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Mini-b10
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's my plan with my interior but doing it in Spice Orange. I did the scuttles, brake ducts and mirror caps on my Countryman S in Spice Orange and I want to do my interior trim. I guess this answers my question, where as you can not just pull the trim pieces out since you removed the entore door panels. Looks great and cant wait to see the finish product.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Kirby11
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini-b10
that's my plan with my interior but doing it in Spice Orange. I did the scuttles, brake ducts and mirror caps on my Countryman S in Spice Orange and I want to do my interior trim. I guess this answers my question, where as you can not just pull the trim pieces out since you removed the entore door panels. Looks great and cant wait to see the finish product.
Mini-b10 you piqued my interest - I had to see what black with spince orange would look like. Checked out your gallery and the spice orange looks so different in small doses against the black, vs on a whole car. Very nice!

Sorry to get off yours for a moment, benzoc. Just filling time as we wait for today's pics.

This thread seems to be attracting quite a few 'not afraid of some extra color' folks. It's great!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
Here are some of the last pictures! *Note* Sorry I have been 3 hours past my time to post the pictures but i have been waiting on the clear coat to finish drying on the dash panels. I am going to put those back in tomorrow once fully cured. But for now here are the doors and tell me what you think! Any suggestions are welcome also!

Attached Thumbnails Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0096.jpg   Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0097.jpg   Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0098.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Not4no1
5th Gear
I like it!

Good work

It looks like those pieces are realy going to brighten up the interor...But I may be a little biased on the whole Black-n-Yellow motif

Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Maugre
5th Gear
Nice look indeed .

Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Kirby11
5th Gear
It looks great! Now I think you're going to need redlinegoods covers for those boring grey door pads. Maybe black with light yellow piping?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@not4no1 Thank you very much! ) I am the same way I can't get a way from mellow yellow fever haha. But I am very pleased with the results and I can't wait to put the dash panels back on ! I feel like a little girl teehee

Old 06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@margue I really like that look you have going on! Especially the yellow rally lights! Def thumbs up

@kirby11 Thank You! I couldn't be happier ) But ooh I might have to look into those. Do you have any new door pads? Thanks for the thought again though I am honestly going to look into those��

Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Excellent work!

And, I had not seen Butters before either.

Now I want a Mellow Yellow, but y'all would have to come to the interior!

Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@LittleWing Thanks! Yeah neither have I until I started this thread, and I will say I do like Butters very much. Haha I say do it and get a Mellow Yellow considering it is kind of a rare color. I have honestly within my three years of driving this car have only seen 2 other Mellow Yellow Coopers. Its Crazy! But hey thanks for the feedback Now the only problem is, What else can i paint to pull it together?!

Old 06-21-2012, 07:47 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
And here is what the finished product looks like! Right now the dash panels are just placed in there not completely snapped in. Just waiting on the clear coat to finish! Thank you to everybody that has taken a look! I really appreciate the feedback as well. One more thing, I know people are maybe going to hate on me for this, but hopefully once my income has increased enough my baby is going under the knife and going to be bagged. Yes bagged, and I plan on making many sparks (not from the frame)

Attached Thumbnails Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0100.jpg   Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!-img_0101.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 PM
benzoc
3rd Gear
@Kirby11 Those redlinegoods are really giving me some good ideas! I think this Alcantara steering wheel wrap with yellow stitching would be cool. http://www.redlinegoods.com/MINI07leatherwheelcover.php

Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Originally Posted by benzoc
And here is what the finished product looks like! Right now the dash panels are just placed in there not completely snapped in. Just waiting on the clear coat to finish! Thank you to everybody that has taken a look! I really appreciate the feedback as well. One more thing, I know people are maybe going to hate on me for this, but hopefully once my income has increased enough my baby is going under the knife and going to be bagged. Yes bagged, and I plan on making many sparks (not from the frame)
It looks awesome!

I don't know what you are talking about doing next though.

Quick Reply: R56 Custom Mellow Yellow painted interior trim!