R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Rushing Air Sound From Driver Door....?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 PM
darthminiwatson
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rushing Air Sound From Driver Door....?

So i noticed while driving that i hear a sound of rushing air.....at first i thought it was an issue with my air vents as it would make a rushing sound when i would turn my front facing vents to high but then realized as i was driving that I can clearly hear the outside (passing cars, rain, rushing winds as I go faster, etc...). The rushing air sounds are coming from the left corner of the window, where the lock is.

Now ill answer a few other things regarding it....first off the window goes down fully and goes up fully without any trouble, also there arent any strange sounds coming out. Also i checked the window and it sits flush against the top and sides when its fully up. There are no cracks or dents in that area and the door closes all the way. I checked the track of the door to make sure nothign was getting clsoed inside but that sits fully closed as well.

Im not sure if it is the door seal but I wanted to ask if anyone else ever had an issue like this before I really starter riping stuff apart. This just started happenign suddenly, it was never like this in the past.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

much love fellow mini drivers.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:13 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine does it too, very slight though. I've noticed it with practically every car I've owned with frameless windows.