R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Intro and 1 Q (for now!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 AM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intro and 1 Q (for now!)

Greetings all!

'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a very gently used 2012 Hardtop S with <6k and well optioned.

I've searched the archives but I've yet to identify the following color which looks very much like Seafoam:

Does anyone have an idea what the Mini name is for this color?

I'm sure that I'll have more questions although I'll try my best to search the archives and lurk until I truly need to bug y'all.

Btw, I'm a longtime P-car guy who will be adding another one early next year to my garage but I wanted to care-take one of these rides for my daughter who is away at school. I suspect that after a few thousand miles it may be difficult to give it up so I do hope that she'll let the old man take it for a spin once in a while :D

Thanks in advance for holding my hand!
David

Attached Thumbnails Intro and 1 Q (for now!)-4b9ba47061c150cee33ee4e03fddc0c6x.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 AM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I only see the pepper white car with no other photos.

From your description, perhaps it may be oxygen blue, a lighter cream blue color. But I am guessing.

Welcome you NAM.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 AM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by slinger688
I only see the pepper white car with no other photos.

From your description, perhaps it may be oxygen blue, a lighter cream blue color. But I am guessing.

Welcome you NAM.
Thanks for the feedback!

Nope, it isn't Pepper White (or Oxygen Blue) and the pictures do not do it justice.

It is located 50 miles away and the next time I see it will be to drive it home so perhaps I'll just have to purchase it and post a pic...

Old 10-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I think from the picture it is Ice Blue.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012, in a shade of blue/green/grey that's different colors under different lighting?

Yes, looked like Ice Blue to me. Very chameleon-like! I'm a fan of this particular shade, as you'll see.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 AM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Yup, it would be Ice Blue! I've only seen it during the midday sun and it looked just like the old VW Van color Seafoam; I can't wait to see it during dawn/dusk light...I'm sure that it will look sweet with the black contrast of the wheels, stripes, mirrors, etc.

This Mini has the premium package, sport package and a bunch of other options; no sound package so I suspect that I'll have to upgrade that...perhaps I'll wait to see if I end up giving it to my daughter or not

I'm 95% certain that I'll make an offer today and I'll report back later...many thanks for the assistance!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:21 PM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Turns out that the ad for this Mini Hardtop S at Stevens Creek BMW was inaccurate. As I mentioned, I was under the impression that it has the premium package and the sports package. Instead it has the following factory options:

Steptronic
Black bonnet stripes
Black headlight housings
Dual pane panoramic
Heated front seats
Antracite headliner
Xenon headlights
Rear fog lamp
Bluetooth
White turn-signal lights

Post-purchase add-ons:
Motor strut brace
Front axillary lights

The MSRP was $28,200. It is listed for sale at $24,971. I'll pay no more than $23,000 for it. Keeping in mind that it has less than 6k and is basically new, any thoughts whether this is a fair price?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Day177017
4th Gear
I paid $21.5k for my '10 MCCS (Clubman S) with 26k on the clock and wasn't as loaded as the one you're looking at. It was listed at $24.9. This was about 1.5 months ago.

I think you've got a nice one there and the price seems right. I bought mine at MINI of Ontario in Ontario, CA.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Day177017
I paid $21.5k for my '10 MCCS (Clubman S) with 26k on the clock and wasn't as loaded as the one you're looking at. It was listed at $24.9. This was about 1.5 months ago.

I think you've got a nice one there and the price seems right. I bought mine at MINI of Ontario in Ontario, CA.
Thanks for the data point! I too believe that it is a more than fair deal and I'm going to request that the fully detail it (I saw a bit of exhaust crud on the tips!) and ask them to come fetch me later this afternoon as I'm traveling for a couple of days and like to tie this up right now...wish me luck and I hope to join the club soon!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM
ra2fanatic
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I think the best option are the blacked out headlights!

You don't see those very often especially on non special editions.

I get asked by people all the time about my blackout headlights and I always have to tell them that they're factory. Stevens Creek is a better dealership than MINI SF that's for sure.

Be sure when you're almost at your warranties end you bring it in under the mileage cutoff. I went in with 36060 and they made me pay out of pocket for that last checkup. Bastards. Had I know I was gonna be treated like that I would have stopped driving my MINI the whole week.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic
I think the best option are the blacked out headlights!

You don't see those very often especially on non special editions.

I get asked by people all the time about my blackout headlights and I always have to tell them that they're factory. Stevens Creek is a better dealership than MINI SF that's for sure.

Be sure when you're almost at your warranties end you bring it in under the mileage cutoff. I went in with 36060 and they made me pay out of pocket for that last checkup. Bastards. Had I know I was gonna be treated like that I would have stopped driving my MINI the whole week.
Sorry to hear about your experience with MINI SF; they should have been a bit lenient especially if your Mini looks like the image in your signature...man, that is very special!

Very unsure that Stevens Creek is any better than any other dealer (perhaps except Scion Marin...they made purchasing a 2011 Scion xD RS3.0 a perfect experience) but Stevens Creek is sending a car to fetch me and it looks like this MCS will be mine later this evening.

Thanks so much for the assistance! I'll post up some pics ASAP...and I'm sure that I'll bug y'all some more...

Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Day177017
4th Gear
Can't wait. She looks to be a beauty!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:36 PM
slinger688
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The $23k price seems reasonable to me.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck and I hope you were able to work something out and get your MINI!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 AM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Good news: the 2012 Ice Blue MCS is mine (I mean ours!)

The deal is done and because of the inaccurate description Stevens Creek BMW were super fair and I got it for what I desired.

I'm just out the door for a week of travel so I'm unable to fetch it until late next week but it sure looked much better in person (squished between two 2013 M5) than it did in the ad.

I really appreciate the feedback and good thoughts and I'm super excited to properly join the fold and get behind the wheel...especially testing it out in West Marin where the roads are twisty.

I'm not going to tell my daughters (they are away at school) until I visit them later this month...I'm greatly looking forward to seeing the expressions and giving (ummmm...sharing!) the keys with them!

Pics when I return...thanks again and keep the shiny side up!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:45 AM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I remember being in the same boat with my mini when I ordered it. It came in but I was away for a week and couldn't drive it. Bit was agonizing as I had to wait a month for it to be built and shipped. Just adds to the love for the car though.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Day177017
4th Gear
Originally Posted by thereisnosubstitute
Good news: the 2012 Ice Blue MCS is mine (I mean ours!)

The deal is done and because of the inaccurate description Stevens Creek BMW were super fair and I got it for what I desired.

I'm just out the door for a week of travel so I'm unable to fetch it until late next week but it sure looked much better in person (squished between two 2013 M5) than it did in the ad.

I really appreciate the feedback and good thoughts and I'm super excited to properly join the fold and get behind the wheel...especially testing it out in West Marin where the roads are twisty.

I'm not going to tell my daughters (they are away at school) until I visit them later this month...I'm greatly looking forward to seeing the expressions and giving (ummmm...sharing!) the keys with them!

Pics when I return...thanks again and keep the shiny side up!!!
Congrats! Make sure to take plenty of pics when you get back

Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
I was finally able to fetch the Ice Blue MCS late last week and it is a blast to drive! Thanks again for the purchasing assistance; it is wonderful to join the club!

I've uploaded pics to the Ice Blue thread and can't duplicate them here so if ya want to see it, please go to the following URL:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...rs-club-8.html