R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Anyone Jonesing for an F56?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They had been increasing. But auto sales were off across the board last month. BMW has been down with the new 3 not being as successful as hoped or possibly pricing issues. I don't have the link to the article in front of me but check out Motoringfile.com and you will see the February sales data and year to date figures as compared to the same period last year are down for MINI and BMW in general.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks BMW

I am saying thanks because if they do away with the center SPEEDO which sorta gives the MINI its MINIness, then they just assured the mini R56 R53s will become collectors since the Speedo was signature for so long. Sort of bums me out since I was still kicking myself for not getting the S version so I was going to get a new one in a few years. Now, if they make this change I will strongly consider getting a used JCW or S for 2013 and suck up the repair bills that will go with a used one. I am sure it will still be a cool car but I think they might be killing a niche. I am sure they really care what i think.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM
white3
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally hope that MINI ups its game with the interior materials. A Justa with zero options has the same basic interior as a JCW but there is a huge difference in price. I hope the interior reflects more of a 30K car rather than a 20K car as in the past. Just recently they have offered upgrades such as leather dash inserts which make the interior look more at home in a 40K JCW. Even though I love my car, and have added leather to all of the armrests, I wish there wasnt so much hard plastic on the dash and doors.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I've got a JCW and,y interior is far from that which is standard in a Just a Cooper hatch. Sport seats are standard, first of all. Gauge color is different are just two items. Granted, much could, and should be upgraded, but they're it's not quite as bad as you have stated.

From what I've read, there will be lots of changes with the interior of the new F Series. That's one if the reasons I haven't r59 instead of waiting till next year for the F57 hatch.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by white3
I personally hope that MINI ups its game with the interior materials. A Justa with zero options has the same basic interior as a JCW but there is a huge difference in price. I hope the interior reflects more of a 30K car rather than a 20K car as in the past. Just recently they have offered upgrades such as leather dash inserts which make the interior look more at home in a 40K JCW. Even though I love my car, and have added leather to all of the armrests, I wish there wasnt so much hard plastic on the dash and doors.
Isn't the big price hop between the two is the engines/HP and not the interior? I just bought a well optioned base with a sticker of 28k. 8k in options. not sure how many of the options were in the JCW to start but if you want nicer interior you are going to pay for it. Mfg's are not going to throw in a nicer dash difference without a nice cost associated with it. Start with each engine size and start adding your options to get you a really nice interior. I was looking at that JCW not because of the interior but because of the power. that was where i would start and then rolling in all the things i like. So in my case i went with a really classy looking interior car that goes a little slower. Still will go with more power the next time but I will save up to get all the goodies