R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 My revenge

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Ive's Mini
5th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
My revenge

So my 08 Cooper has been sleeping outside while I epoxy the floors in my mancave. I had to put my other cars in the main garage thus moving the Mini outside. For the last three nights, I have found muddy cat prints all over the car. Tonight is my revenge. I covered the car in the electric shock blankets that I use to keep my dogs off of the couches. I parked the car so I can see it from my window and hopefully see some fireworks. I hope, I hope...

Ivan

Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
pjv1k
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome... My neighbors cat use to do that to my Lexus all the time, I presented the owner with a detailing bill, lets just say the cat became a house cat real fast after that

Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Ive's Mini
5th Gear
That's great. I hope I get to hear the scream.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:54 PM
acarlos33
2nd Gear
Lol!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Please tell me you are going to post videos. Oh wait this is just mean. LMOA But a great idea.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:02 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys are nuts. If your car lives outside, it's going to get stuff on it. A detailing bill for cat paw prints? Get a car cover or a garage if you're that neurotic.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:22 AM
allgrainer
2nd Gear
Good clean fun

Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 AM
lathedog
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:30 AM
ASKtheteach
5th Gear
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyhavok
You guys are nuts. If your car lives outside, it's going to get stuff on it. A detailing bill for cat paw prints? Get a car cover or a garage if you're that neurotic.
So torturing an animal that doesn't know any better is "revenge"? Interesting. My advice would be to cover the car temporarily while it's outside or just deal with it. What happens when the car is being driven and a bird craps on it? Do they need to be taught a lesson too?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah I don't see this thread being very useful at all. Shouldn't this be in off-topic anyways?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
This thread is funny. I used to use scat mat to keep my dog off my couches. The added benefit was I never told my mother in law it was on the couch and needless to say she was shocked. It not only kept her off my couch it kept her from wanting to come over and hang out.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
It's not torturing it's teaching the cat good kitty manners. Look at it that way. If he's smart it will shock him one and done.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Not looking to fight or argue, just curious to how you all feel about electric fences and bark collars? The shock is not as extreme as you think and it does not harm them. It is like a static shock. I could understand if he was electrocuting them, but like I said it is a static shock. All it is is a training method.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...cfm?pcatid=668

Old 05-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Ive's Mini
5th Gear
First, I cannot cover the car, since it is my daily driver and it is currently at the dew point here. Removing a wet cover is not an option. Second, we have people here who are irresponsible cat owners and have dozens of diseased cats running around breeding without any control at all. Who would like to pay for the scratches that run down my rear hatch. I am an animal lover and when I had to deal with abandoned kittens who were all diseased as well and had to be destroyed, I realized that these cats are not little home kitties. They are wild animals who are not the cuties that one would have at home. I am not hurting the cats. They get the same buzz, that my dogs get when they go on the couch. The dogs get it and stay off the couch. The cats should get the message the same way. Sleep on someone else's car. There is nothing insensitive about this. If anyone else found damage and footprints on their car, let me know how you would handle it for the long run. I am merely showing these cats that my car is not a hospitable place. Go somewhere else. By the way, those waiting for an update. Neither sensor registered any motion last night.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:30 AM
OaklandMini
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Not cool, OP.
Kharma, dude. If you hurt a defenseless animal, all i can say is what comes around goes around.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:12 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can say this though; any other car forum that I have ever been on, this would have blown up and spread like wild-fire. NAM is pretty civilized and this thread shows it. There was even a disagreement and some name calling and yet the main two involved still were able to say their piece and hopefully its over with now. Regardless of my feelings on the matter, kudos to everyone involved here for being adults!

Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Ive's Mini
5th Gear
Originally Posted by OaklandMini
Not cool, OP.
Kharma, dude. If you hurt a defenseless animal, all i can say is what comes around goes around.
I need to be shown how this is hurting the "defenseless animal". Am I killing the animal, no. Am I poisoning the animal, no. Am I maiming the animal , no. This puts out a harmless static charge. Made for use for training animals. Have I chosen the humane method to deal with my problem, yes. I would like everyone to step back and analyze this. The people who do not see the humor which was the intent are blowing this so far out of proportion it is amazing. This is not animal cruelty. This is made to train animals.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Here is all that the OP is doing. This is a cat vs a scat mat.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Before anyone else jumps into this thread and causes themselves trouble, I'm going to go ahead and remind everyone, that we are adults and it must be kept to a civil discussion. Sure there may be view points differing from your own, but there is no reason that such debate cannot happen in a calm and civil manner.

RESPECT
When posting, both members and vendors must ALWAYS be respectful of fellow members and vendors. Personal attacks, trolling/baiting, deliberate antagonizing, and flaming will not be tolerated. If you feel you are being attacked, report the post or private message rather than replying or flaming back. However, do not use the report bad post feature to "cry wolf" when you are in fact the instigator of the demise of a discussion. Doing so will result in an infraction or strike.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I am a little dismayed by the gleeful tone of some of the posts--it appears that some people are very happy to see feral animals being caused pain.

But dang, that video is pretty funny. And there was obviously no injury to the cat....

Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
This is as close to a flame war as I've seen on NAM. We don't get the Apple vs PC or Blackberry vs iPhone vs Android stuff here. Love a good flame war lol.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Karl Childers Lovechild
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I applaud the OP for the humane approach. I was in a similar situation a year ago with a cat climbing on my convertible Z4. I was told to put down Mothballs which some say deter cats, and others say attract cats to eat, then they become really sick. Originally I put it down thinking it was only a deterent, only later to find out that some do eat it. Whatever it was, worked, and within a day, there were no more pawprints on my car. Once I read about some animals eating it and potentially dying, I switched to this:

Amazon.com: U Scram Cat and Chipmunk Deterrent. Keep Cats Out of Your Garden and Chipmunks Out of Your Plants. 100% Natural, Non-Toxic, Rainproof, Organic and Biodegradable .: Patio, Lawn & Garden Amazon.com: U Scram Cat and Chipmunk Deterrent. Keep Cats Out of Your Garden and Chipmunks Out of Your Plants. 100% Natural, Non-Toxic, Rainproof, Organic and Biodegradable .: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I am a firm believer that if someone REALLY cared about a cat (or a dog), they'd keep it indoors or on a leash. That still doesn't make it right to harm animals even if they are feral. Karma if not for anything else. My next step would have been setting traps to catch them, drive them out 20 miles, and let them go into the woods, or an animal shelter.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Ive's Mini
it is currently at the dew point here. Removing a wet cover is not an option.
Won't the static mat get wet also? Would it still work?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Soulmaker1
1st Gear
I'd be concerned about the mat leaving a bunch of paint swirls on the car. To each their own.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Mib4840
Alliance Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
"If he's smart it will shock him one and done"

Well done?....sorry I couldn't help it

Quick Reply: R56 My revenge