R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Yhasi OBD2 Reader not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Bryan Yu
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yhasi OBD2 Reader not working

Hey guys, I did a search before I asked but I just bought a Yhasi OBD2 reader for my 2008 Mini Cooper S and it's not working. Has anyone tried this scanner out before? The unit is suppose to work with Mac osX's but I can't get it to work. https://www.yhasi.com/support/hardware.html#serial_port is where I bought the reader. It connects via BT but it only shows "paired" but no "serial port" detected as it should. I can't get any actual support since their support is only via e-mail which I think is pathetic. I wished I never bought the darn thing. Can anyone help me with this? I wouldn't mind any technical assistance and willing to pay for it if you think you can get it to work I can give you my contact # and once it's complete I will pay you whatever via paypal. Let me know guys....thanks in advance!Hey guys, I did a search before I asked but I just bought a Yhasi OBD2 reader for my 2008 Mini Cooper S and it's not working. Has anyone tried this scanner out before? The unit is suppose to work with Mac osX's but I can't get it to work. https://www.yhasi.com/support/hardware.html#serial_port is where I bought the reader. It connects via BT but it only shows "paired" but no "serial port" detected as it should. I can't get any actual support since their support is only via e-mail which I think is pathetic. I wished I never bought the darn thing. Can anyone help me with this? I wouldn't mind any technical assistance and willing to pay for it if you think you can get it to work I can give you my contact # and once it's complete I will pay you whatever via paypal. Let me know guys....thanks in advance!

Old 08-24-2013, 05:36 PM
zentinal
1st Gear
Hi! I was looking at the same thing for my Countryman. Did you figure out what the problem was?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:02 PM
gqsmooth1981
Neutral
Originally Posted by zentinal
Hi! I was looking at the same thing for my Countryman. Did you figure out what the problem was?
Yes I did figure it out. You have to go delete a Bluetooth plist under preferences on your Apple computer. Once you have done that then it will pick up the Bluetooth unit. Apple is very strict when it comes to 3rd party programs and there are a lot of work around a you have to go through because its kinda like jail breaking your Apple computer. If you want to e-mail me or give me your e-mail I can send you the step by step directions they emailed me. I hope you haven't purchased it yet. Before purchasing understand it will not read all codes. Only the ones stored in your ecu when the engine malfunction light comes on. It is an expensive program to purchase with not too many features. I would gladly share the code with you for a small fee but on a serious note. If you're gonna buy buy the pro so you'll have all the features and make sure you have an owners manual and a list of PID codes for your Countryman. I'm still looking to see where I can find the codes to the PID's without having to pay an arm and a leg. I purchased it thinking it will tell me what the PID codes stand for and it will teach me how to use it but if you're not that mechanic savvy and challenged like I am I would get those items before investing in their program because there are no refund policies and without a list of what the PID codes means then it really useless to you. If you have any further questions you may e-mail me directly at gqsmooth1981@gmail.com. Oh and I can forward you a copy of the instructions if you need it.

IMHO right now these odb2 readers are really just made to replace having multiple gauges rather than helping you fix what's wrong with your car. If that's what you really want you can buy a obd2 BT unit on amazon and download the odb2 app called odb2 from the App Store for your iPhone and iPad and it will give you selectable gauges.i currently have 2 odb 2 units I use. One is the yhasi and the other is called obd2 a wifi unit that I connect to my iPhone and iPod when I take it to the track. There are other paid programs that seems to be better in the App Store but I don't know if it'll read my current wifi odb so I haven't purchase it yet, I believe they call it dash command. If you have an android device there are many more you can choose from on amazon.com and much cheaper than yhasi. You really have to know what you're doing with yhasi before buying it. Think about it this way, what's the point in investing in movi pro or movi if you don't know what the codes mean or how to read it or use it? It's useless without the knowledge. If you have the knowledge and know how to read it then by all means go for it. Like I said, if you have anymore questions e-mail me directly and I'll help you out as much as possible and maybe for a small fee I'll even walk you through the setup over the phone. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day!