R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Air conditioning system

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM
SPRINTCARS
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Air conditioning system

I have a 2008 MCS R56. The ac system was working. I did work in the left front wheel area. I checked all the plugs. I've searched all day for the fuse and relays. Every thread I search they don't post where the fuses and relays are located or they end up off topic. The indicator comes on inside the car. I don't hear the compressor clicking on or and rpm change when it comes on. ANY IDEAS ?

Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM
baznight
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this will sound off but when ya say the left front are ya talking about the driverside or as your looking at the vehicle. I cant think of anything that is on the driverside that would affect a/c operation if you were in that wheel area, but on the passengerside is the harness to the compressor and the ambient temp sensor and both of those would effect it if not connected properly.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:07 PM
SPRINTCARS
5th Gear
Originally Posted by baznight
I know this will sound off but when ya say the left front are ya talking about the driverside or as your looking at the vehicle. I cant think of anything that is on the driverside that would affect a/c operation if you were in that wheel area, but on the passengerside is the harness to the compressor and the ambient temp sensor and both of those would effect it if not connected properly.
Sorry bout that my friend. You are absolutely correct. THE OTHER LEFT. Lol
Also. The passenger door window doesn't go up automatically anymore either. I gotta hold the switch in the up position to go up

Old 07-15-2013, 08:19 PM
baznight
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The window probably just lost initialization. Try raise all the way. hold the switch up for 10 seconds then lower the window holding the switch in the down position for another 10 seconds. Then check and see if auto up works.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 PM
SPRINTCARS
5th Gear
Originally Posted by baznight
The window probably just lost initialization. Try raise all the way. hold the switch up for 10 seconds then lower the window holding the switch in the down position for another 10 seconds. Then check and see if auto up works.
10/4 that worked..would kappen to know exactly where the relay
K19 Relay AC Compressor / Engine compartment fusebox, is do you ? i searched that fuse box, but the label under the cover doesnt show the relays labeled as "K". They are labeled as "R".
the outside air temp is plugged in and i cleaned it while i was there. i did get a code last night coming home that said the engine temp was to low for the thermostat to regulate. could that be tied to this ? i had a scanner connected to the car at the time. the engine temp never went above 173 degrees.it was 87 degrees last night. i drove 30 miles to get home from work. the thermostat is new. its not the m7 180 stat, its the factory replacement.