R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2013 Cooper S Radio Console

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Motor_Hasselhoff
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Cooper S Radio Console

Out of curiosity, why is it when my car is off and when the key is out of the ignition the car stereo will work when I press the power button.

I am very used to cars that when the car is turned off and key is out of the ignition that the stereo (accessory) would shut off.

However I noticed this morning that when I was in my car, turned off, key out of ignition, that the speakers had a buzz caused by my AUX cable.

Is this standard or is my Stock standard radio faulty?

How do I assure myself that my accessories are turned off when I lock my car door?

Old 08-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Namotuman
1st Gear
I'm not for certain on the 2013's, but my 2011 has the convenience package and the Start button will actually start the car as long as the key fob is nearby (i.e. in pocket). Same thing for the audio and unlocking/locking. There are numerous settings you can go thru on the onboard computer stalk to tailor things to your personal likings...

Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Motor_Hasselhoff
Neutral
Originally Posted by Namotuman
I'm not for certain on the 2013's, but my 2011 has the convenience package and the Start button will actually start the car as long as the key fob is nearby (i.e. in pocket). Same thing for the audio and unlocking/locking. There are numerous settings you can go thru on the onboard computer stalk to tailor things to your personal likings...
This is something that is not in the manual.

I have not made any adjustments on the onboard computer.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Namotuman
1st Gear
Try this link, maybe you can find something here that will help some:

http://www.miniusa.com/AboutYourMini/

Old 08-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Motor_Hasselhoff
Neutral
To clarify the question: I do not have mini connect.

If I unlock my car right now and press the power button to the radio, it will turn on without the ignition.

Is this suppose to happen and is there a way for me to disable this feature?

Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Namotuman
1st Gear
Yes, your radio will work.....try this: unlock your door, leave the key fob well away from your car, go into the car and now try to press the power button. Nothing should happen except a gong from the car system.

I'm not sure of all the settings for the audio, I've only done some setting for my signal indicators and wipers. You'd have to go thru the manual: go to the "controls" section and there is a heading called "driving" (not to be confused with the main heading "driving tips") that discusses "radio readiness". Hope this helps

Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Big Knight
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pushing the power button on the radio is supposed to turn it on. I think it is good for 30 minutes before it shuts off (may be less). It is not a setting you have access to with the turn signal settings. Maybe thru the scripting something something expert I have read about on here. Sorry I don't remember it all, I've only had my MINI for 3 weeks...

Old 08-07-2013, 06:50 AM
KeyPlayaJim
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Knight
Pushing the power button on the radio is supposed to turn it on. I think it is good for 30 minutes before it shuts off (may be less). It is not a setting you have access to with the turn signal settings. Maybe thru the scripting something something expert I have read about on here. Sorry I don't remember it all, I've only had my MINI for 3 weeks...
I believe it's more like 10 minutes. It annoys the heck out of me when I'm washing/waxing the car and have to keep turning the radio back on every few minutes.