R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 SRS light

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM
DogT
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS light

I've been looking at this SRS light on the dash for 3 years now. Had it into Waterloo Motors that has the BMW SRS reader, but they can't tell me what the real problem is or how much to fix until they get into it. $500-3000. They clear it enough to get it through VA inspection, but it always comes back in a week or less, and this is the 3rd time, the last I understand.

Called Mini in Sterling VA and they informed me that we have 3 recalls on the unit. Forget what they are, but might as well take it in to have them fixed. Then $129 for the SRS scan, but what will they tell me, the same thing as Waterloo? Don't know until we get into it? I haven't asked them yet, but I will for sure. Don't need to know what I already do for $129.

Kind of burns me that Mini/BMW hasn't sent us anything to tell us that we've got recalls. Most likely we're selling the thing anyhow.

Other options or information welcome, and not tricks to disguise the problem.

Dave

Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
It's not just mini. My previous ride was a Honda Accord, the SRS light would come on occasionally. Finally took it to the dealer, they wanted $250 just do a diagnosis. Didn't have the cash, so blew it off. Sure enough, a few months later I hit another car, air bags did not deploy. Fortunately, I was not hurt. Though it kind of ticks me off. We get an extended warranty for emissions related, but not for safety.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 AM
DogT
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the strange thing is, the time before this it came on, it showed the passanger SRS light up by the top lights, now that one is off, but that damned light is always on in the main display and it only clears for a few seconds and then takes up the whole display. So I'm not sure which air bag it's referring to now. This car has the seat ABs and the ones in the panels along the door too I think.