R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 , the ultimate mystery jerking

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:05 PM
noor2003
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 , the ultimate mystery jerking

Hello all , i had my 2009 S Mini since year and couple months back , all running great and smooth , except ! this , now sorry for my poor english .

simply to make it short as possible , the car when it starts ( cold or warm ) the idle is little bit after 1000 , and sticks there with slight playing up and down , only slight like 1 mm up and down , now if i drive , the car it jerks like HELL , like it want to shift 2 gears at once kind of jerk , sometimes it delay the first gear up to 7-8 rpm then it "POPS" to the next gear ( POPS like some dianasor just bi*ch slapped the car from behind to make it shift , and , with lack of power as well, putting full throttle like am driving a none S car (no offence ) , i have a HKS blow valve so i know if the turbo is charging or not , and it will charge little i hear a small WOOOSHT ,just its low down one not loud like it would be with such throttling , i diagnose the car with AUTOLOGIC and ISTA but nothing , my only fix was is to stop the car and turn off and on again and again for couple times then it will be fine and running smooth , full power and everything , i keep turning off and on till i see the RPM is on 700 - 800 ( which is the normal ) and just then i start drive the car knowing there is no issues , but if i turn on and off multiple times and i see the RPM settled above 1000 then i keep turn off and on again till its down to normal state .

now , the above is happeneing not like every day , sometimes i just drive the car normal , put the key and go , but sometimes it happens , more likely when its cold or not running since hours .

my attempts so far is :

replace the HPFP (USED) x2 pieces (two attempts)
replace the EXHAUST MANIFOLD (USED) x1
replaced the turbo charger (USED) x1
replace the BOOST PRESSUE SENSOR (NEW)
replace the SPARK PLUGS and COILS (NEW)

and no faults of anykind , even when the issue was on , i tried to keep the car running and go check it with AUTOLOGIC , still no fault .

any suggestions are more than welcomed , and thanks in advanced .