R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 P2F1A Temp Sensor Signal Min fault possible trigger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Ixx
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2F1A Temp Sensor Signal Min fault possible trigger?

I have a 2007 MCS manual and it's been a love hate relationship for many years

Recently this code showed up in my autologic read out.

It is not throwing a CEL nor limp mode and the fault code cannot be cleared off.

I did notice that the car is not as lively as before (something to do with unable to read the coolant temperature? wild guess here) and it seems to have a slight hesitation / flat-spot at 2 - 2k RPM

I have done a search based on the above fault code and no result showed up (must be a pretty rare code)

Just wondering if anyone have encountered this before and managed to resolve it.

Thanks for any contribution!

Old 03-17-2015, 06:23 AM
afadeev
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ixx

It is not throwing a CEL nor limp mode and the fault code cannot be cleared off.

I did notice that the car is not as lively as before (something to do with unable to read the coolant temperature? wild guess here) and it seems to have a slight hesitation / flat-spot at 2 - 2k RPM

I have done a search based on the above fault code and no result showed up (must be a pretty rare code)

Just wondering if anyone have encountered this before and managed to resolve it.

All codes can be reset and cleared with the right tools.
The fact that you can't, suggests that your scanning tool is not MINI specific. That also may explain why it is showing the code that you can not find anywhere - it may be mis-interpreting MINI custom codes.

I would suggest reading the codes again either at Autozone or at the dealer, to find out definitively what the issue is.

Good luck,
a

Old 03-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Ixx
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the insight...

I had the same suspicion initially till I plugged in my Evolve-R software and it shows the same error (also cannot be cleared) on top of that, My autologic package is full optioned for all BMWs/Minis all the way up to the F-series so should be capable of clearing the code...

I have changed the temp sensor to no avail....

Anyway the code is a Mini specific code....

BTW Here's a link which I found useful for mini codes

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/mini-r56-dtcs-list/

Old 04-24-2016, 12:23 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Ixx

Will you share with us how you cleared this code and / or fixed the problem?

Edit 4-25-2016: Too late! Took it to the local dealer for diagnosis. They found a pair of connectors were switched --- temp sensor and crankcase air heater (which isn't used with my mods). This heater connection burned out the sensor too. Fortunately, I had the original for a replacement. I wasn't careful when putting it back together after a thermostat replacement. Didn't have to force it either. Really gotta be observant about labeling stuff when trying to save a couple bucks.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by oldbrokenwind; 04-25-2016 at 05:32 PM.