R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 100k mile maintenance advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:18 AM
thinkinmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100k mile maintenance advice

Anyone got any routine maintenance tips on what should be done as the car crests 100k miles? I've recently replaced things either proactively or reactively including the timing chain, thermostat housing, rear brakes (front are fine), DIY walnut blasting...etc. I am going to order the turbo lines soon because I think they just started leaking, and so are the gaskets for the filter housing, so I'll be replacing those too. And I will probably replace the sparkplugs, clean out the intercooler, but is there anything else I should really look at? The hpfp was recently replaced while I still had the extended coverage, it was taking 7-8 attempts to start each time before that. Oh and the tires are just fine, replaced them about a year ago. Thanks for the help everyone. Oh and I think I've decided to keep this car for a while longer rather than looking at something else. Performance wise, might want to throw on the koni FSD or bilstein shocks, but that might be it for a while. I've got my truck which is much cheaper and more reliable to modify, otherwise I would be throwing a lot more money at upgrades to the mini.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:34 PM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Sounds like you got it covered. Where you located? I'm in Frederick.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R56 New MINI

Originally Posted by thinkinmini
Anyone got any routine maintenance tips on what should be done as the car crests 100k miles? I've recently replaced things either proactively or reactively including the timing chain, thermostat housing, rear brakes (front are fine), DIY walnut blasting...etc. I am going to order the turbo lines soon because I think they just started leaking, and so are the gaskets for the filter housing, so I'll be replacing those too. And I will probably replace the sparkplugs, clean out the intercooler, but is there anything else I should really look at? The hpfp was recently replaced while I still had the extended coverage, it was taking 7-8 attempts to start each time before that. Oh and the tires are just fine, replaced them about a year ago. Thanks for the help everyone. Oh and I think I've decided to keep this car for a while longer rather than looking at something else. Performance wise, might want to throw on the koni FSD or bilstein shocks, but that might be it for a while. I've got my truck which is much cheaper and more reliable to modify, otherwise I would be throwing a lot more money at upgrades to the mini.
Hi thinkinmini:

Here is the maintenance schedule you should follow!

http://new.minimania.com/MINI_Routin..._I_and_II_2344

Here's a great tuneup package including, belt, filter, oil, plugs or you can purchase separately:

http://new.minimania.com/part/G2NMK6505/

Here is some more tuneup info:

http://new.minimania.com/MINI_Cooper_Tune_Up_Kits

AND, suspension upgrades:

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Resu...ension/default

Please let us know if you have any questions and if we can help!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:35 PM
thinkinmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniTigger
Sounds like you got it covered. Where you located? I'm in Frederick.
I'm in Hampstead. I know Frederick well though, graduated with my M.S. degree from Hood last year. Went to St. Mary's for my undergrad however.