R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Turbosmart BOV?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 04:15 PM
mikeBURRITO
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbosmart BOV?

Does anyone out there have the Turbosmart BOV?

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Prod...ual-Port.html#

I am looking into it because right now, I have the Forge BOV installed and am looking to change it up.
Dont get me wrong, the Forge VTA is awesome. when the thing slaps shut, you're on the boost. BUT..... it's getting a bit annoying to be honest. I like the loud boosh when I'm on thew throttle and it definitely is a head turner.... but it gets old when you're in city traffic.

I saw this as a recommendation in a few threads. but no one seems to have said anything about it. I like that they say it recircs under low boost and Vents to atmos at high boost. and I also like that it converts to vac controlled... but that's all I know.

could someone please shine a light on this product? if you have it, what do you think? Is it too loud? does it VTA all the time? Is vac controlled better?

btw, the Forge BOV is still ecu controlled.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:08 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
You saw this thread? Yes, its new to the market. Hopefully someone will have a personal review here soon.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...k-shortie.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 11-16-2016, 05:53 AM
mikeBURRITO
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I didn't see that thread. Also, is there a year benefit of a vacuum controlled vs ecu controlled DV/BOV?