R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Edmrich
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuning

hey im curious if there's a way you can just flash your stock ecu so you could tune it. im fairly new in this mini game so unfamiliar with the ecu of mini? thanks in advance

Old 12-06-2016, 08:54 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Look up MarioKart on this forum, he's a member of NAM and does Manic Tuning for minis. Or did you mean you want to flash your own custom tunes?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Edmrich
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 3lusive
Look up MarioKart on this forum, he's a member of NAM and does Manic Tuning for minis. Or did you mean you want to flash your own custom tunes?

yeah i want to do something completely off any companys like personally tune the car. well im just curious if thats possible. reason for that is that i remember when i had a honda civic i used the original ecu and just chipped it literally added a chip to the ecu and i was able to custom tune the car

Old 12-06-2016, 11:33 AM
thebombardier
5th Gear
Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Edmrich
yeah i want to do something completely off any companys like personally tune the car. well im just curious if thats possible. reason for that is that i remember when i had a honda civic i used the original ecu and just chipped it literally added a chip to the ecu and i was able to custom tune the car
I only know of one company reliably dyno tuning R56s, and that's RMW in Maryland. And they only do N14 Minis for now. Anything else you'll have to find someone that can break BMW's encryption on ECUs. Manic is the most widely available option for our cars. And they do tune to certain modifications, much like how on an AccessPort you can have different maps for just exhaust, intake and exhaust, intake and exhaust and turbo, ect.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:52 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
We do custom ECU tuning on MINIs both Gen 1 and Gen 2 including dyno tuning, including Manic tunes. But the ECU on the MINI isn't open source so you need a tuner to do the files for you. Unless you're doing something crazy the files already exist to do a tune on your car.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 12-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Edmrich
1st Gear
to my knowledge my car has the stock ecu. i bought it second hand so im not to sure about the first owner especially that i had to put a new head and rebuild the block from the dealer lol.

Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
We do custom ECU tuning on MINIs both Gen 1 and Gen 2 including dyno tuning, including Manic tunes. But the ECU on the MINI isn't open source so you need a tuner to do the files for you. Unless you're doing something crazy the files already exist to do a tune on your car.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Edmrich
1st Gear