R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 N18 Engine Rebuild Botom End Torque Specs

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017 | 03:26 PM
bweber721
|
Neutral
N18 Engine Rebuild Botom End Torque Specs

I am rebuilding a 2011 Mini Cooper S and i cant seem to find any information regarding Torque Specs for
-Bottom of the block that retain the Crank Shaft
-Connecting rods.
-Head bolts
Etc.

I purchased a Bentley manual and i am very disappointed on how little information there is regarding the bottom end. What service manual would i need to get that shows the step by step procedure? Are there any writeups or Youtube videos? I have look quite a bit and not found much.

Any help would be great Thanks

Old 02-15-2017 | 04:24 PM
oldbrokenwind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bweber721
I am rebuilding a 2011 Mini Cooper S and i cant seem to find any information regarding Torque Specs for
-Bottom of the block that retain the Crank Shaft
-Connecting rods.
-Head bolts
Etc.

I purchased a Bentley manual and i am very disappointed on how little information there is regarding the bottom end. What service manual would i need to get that shows the step by step procedure? Are there any writeups or Youtube videos? I have look quite a bit and not found much.

Any help would be great Thanks
I can't help with N18 specs --- all my info is N14. However, let me suggest you use ARP studs for crank, head, & rods. OEM is 1-time use and gotta be replaced anyhow, so why not invest in better hardware --- good insurance and tightening sequence / torque specs are included with the studs.

Old 02-15-2017 | 04:28 PM
bweber721
|
Neutral
Is the N14 Bottom end the same as the N18? It seems like the main bearings work for both the N14 and 18. Anybody can help with that?