R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Possible part out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 02:03 PM
SpuuDy
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Possible part out!

I have to sell the mini, I have a child on the way and as we all know the mini just ain't that big. I have to sell the car and was wondering if it was worth it to pull the stuff off of my car and sell it on the forums. I just wanna see if anyone would be interested. Here are the parts:
Cobb accessport
Forge dv adapter
Cnt racing downpipe (catless)

I have an idea of what these parts run for but I don't know if it's worth it to pull the downpipe off and sell the car stock. If I sell the downpipe first then I can sell the accessport. I can sell as a package but can't sell the tunner first. Let me know what you guys think and possible offers?

Attached Thumbnails Possible part out!-photo635.jpg   Possible part out!-photo285.jpg  
Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Depends on what state you live in. In CA you have to have the car smogged in order to sell it, you'll never pass without a cat. So check your state requirements.

congratulations on the kid on the way! Make sure to get him/her involved with cars as early as possible.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:10 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
You can get a good price check on used by searching the classified. Also, I would post in there, people are all over that section looking for deals. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co.../parts/search/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-10-2017, 07:27 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,846 Likes on 1,472 Posts
The car will be worth more if it is returned to stock. If you are trying to unload it yourself, your market audience will be larger if the car is stock.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:06 PM
SpuuDy
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by njaremka
The car will be worth more if it is returned to stock. If you are trying to unload it yourself, your market audience will be larger if the car is stock.
That's what I was thinking. Just gotta make sure I can sell the goodies. Or sell it to the right kid

Old 05-12-2017, 08:45 AM
valvashon
5th Gear
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Kids and MINIs go fine together. We have two R50's and our 3 1/2 year old has basically never ridden in a different car. Hazel and her 12 year old brother fit in our cars just fine.

The early, baby bucket years (with the snap in baby seat) were easy. I recommend the Chicco Key Fit 30, it's narrower than other seats and fit through the open door and flipped front seat better than other models. The rear facing, sit up seat year or so was kind of hard but we managed with an "Orbit Baby" system which spins the seat around on a base attached to the latch system on the car. The seat won't spin 180 degrees from rear facing but it will spin about 120 degrees or so, making it much easier to get the little one in and out.

Check these seats out, you might be able to keep your MINI!

Bruce