R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Exhaust Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Legolover1076
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Thoughts

I've been contemplating getting an exhaust for my R56 S for a while and was wondering if anybody had some insight they could share. I know I want a catback that has a larger than stock diameter, preferably doesn't require cutting the stock system, and is louder than stock but not obnoxious.

The systems I've been considering are:
  • Magnaflow Catback
  • Quicksilver Catback
  • Milltek Catback non-resonated
If anybody has any experience with any of these systems, or has a recommendation other than these three, it would be greatly appreciated.

The Milltek is currently 10% off with free shipping on ECS Tuning until the 22nd, and I'm debating whether or not I should jump on that. Thanks for any input!

Old 05-19-2017, 01:49 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
Some info here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e-highway.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-22-2017, 08:58 PM
renchjeep
6th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
I have a Remus Powersound cat-back, bought lightly used from a member here. I had previously eliminated the stock resonator. I don't get any drone, and I like the sound, although it would be nice to be a bit louder. Granted, I have not heard my exhaust from outside my 2011 R56S yet, but I get lots of compliments on how good it sounds. There are manually adjustable "flaps" on the end of the muffler, before the tips, so that you can manually tune your sound. I keep mine wide open, of course. Just another option for you.