R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 New R56 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 07:47 PM
stelvio
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New R56 Owner

Hello all! I've recently picked up a bunch of chrome attached to a red 2007 MCS. I've had a few cars in the past but never had a Mini so I'm curious to see how the community is here.

The chrome is really getting to me and the black fenders (lol what are those?). I saw some R56's with nicer front bumpers and splitters which seem attractive as well suspension. However, I haven't seen a sticky or anything with a lot of information for people new to the R56 like tunes/suspension/body/etc...although Burger makes tunes for the N18 which I don't have.

Anyway, what options are there for the front bumper, suspension, tunes, intercoolers, etc?

Last edited by stelvio; 07-06-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:15 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Welcome! I approve of the color combination

Read the Gen2 forums and you will find answers to all your questions. There's an entire section on modifications - engine, suspension, interior/exterior, etc. Everything from blacking out the chrome to building a forged 300+HP engine.

Also read up on the issues with the N14 engine and make sure that all have been addressed by a competent shop - carbon build up, timing chain, etc.

Enjoy!

Old 07-06-2017, 08:34 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome

That is a rare hyper sport package car. Our first 2007 test car was a hyper pack car too. We agree on the black arches as we painted them immediately.

Hope we can help you with your future mods.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 07-07-2017, 02:57 PM
stelvio
Neutral
Originally Posted by squawSkiBum
Welcome! I approve of the color combination

Read the Gen2 forums and you will find answers to all your questions. There's an entire section on modifications - engine, suspension, interior/exterior, etc. Everything from blacking out the chrome to building a forged 300+HP engine.

Also read up on the issues with the N14 engine and make sure that all have been addressed by a competent shop - carbon build up, timing chain, etc.

Enjoy!
Thanks! I just found the section. Had a few N54's so looks like I can't get away from carbon buildup

Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Welcome

That is a rare hyper sport package car. Our first 2007 test car was a hyper pack car too. We agree on the black arches as we painted them immediately.

Hope we can help you with your future mods.
I didn't know what that front bumper was so thank-you! Not really sure where to start to be honest..

Old 07-08-2017, 02:47 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 520 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by stelvio
Hello all! I've recently picked up a bunch of chrome attached to a red 2007 MCS. I've had a few cars in the past but never had a Mini so I'm curious to see how the community is here.

The chrome is really getting to me and the black fenders (lol what are those?).

Anyway, what options are there for the front bumper, suspension, tunes, intercoolers, etc?

What Im seeing is that unlike other Minis your edition does not have black rockers, nor black bumper undersides.
This would rock if you painted the arches to match the car, then buy some used mirror covers, and paint to match the car.

The mirror covers really make you see chrome.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:00 PM
stelvio
Neutral
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
What Im seeing is that unlike other Minis your edition does not have black rockers, nor black bumper undersides.
This would rock if you painted the arches to match the car, then buy some used mirror covers, and paint to match the car.

The mirror covers really make you see chrome.
I'm wrapping the chrome pieces black. The fenders are black which need to be painted ASAP. The hyper sport edition should have had painted fender arches because other than that it looks really nice.