R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Does anyone have the installation instructions for the Racing Bike Rack?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:10 PM
misha
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have the installation instructions for the Racing Bike Rack?

I picked up a used set of the racing bike racks, which are missing some of mounting hardware. I'm a bit confused about the proper way to mount them so I was hoping someone could post some images from the installation manual.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 282 Likes on 238 Posts
hmmm

my usual place for install PDFs does not show this

Outmotoring sells it ... maybe give a call and ask them??? The sometimes have a link for install instructions but not for this item ....

https://www.outmotoring.com/roof-rac...bike-rack.html

looking at current pictures and notes it appears to me that you may have an older model, no longer sold .... a bit different from the current version .....

IME a lot of MINI accessories do NOT come with install instructions in the box as they are intended to be installed by a dealer .... they were expected to print any applicable operating instructions for the buyer - they had the install and operating instr' on their computer system. You can ask a dealer to print out the install instructions for you .... they SHOULD do it. My first experience along this line was way back around 2004 when I agreed to help someone install a factory driving light kit. It came with NO instructions .... anyone who's seen the wiring harness for a MINI factory driving light kit knows you NEED instructions (the first time anyway)

good luck
maybe someone has this itm and saved the instructions .. or knows a better PDF library then I do ....
I'm afraid you are missing a BUNCH of parts ... hopefully you didn't pay too much ....

Last edited by Capt_bj; 06-27-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:59 PM
misha
Neutral
Originally Posted by Capt_bj
hmmm

my usual place for install PDFs does not show this

Outmotoring sells it ... maybe give a call and ask them??? The sometimes have a link for install instructions but not for this item ....

https://www.outmotoring.com/roof-rac...bike-rack.html

looking at current pictures and notes it appears to me that you may have an older model, no longer sold .... a bit different from the current version .....

IME a lot of MINI accessories do NOT come with install instructions in the box as they are intended to be installed by a dealer .... they were expected to print any applicable operating instructions for the buyer - they had the install and operating instr' on their computer system. You can ask a dealer to print out the install instructions for you .... they SHOULD do it. My first experience along this line was way back around 2004 when I agreed to help someone install a factory driving light kit. It came with NO instructions .... anyone who's seen the wiring harness for a MINI factory driving light kit knows you NEED instructions (the first time anyway)

good luck
maybe someone has this itm and saved the instructions .. or knows a better PDF library then I do ....
I'm afraid you are missing a BUNCH of parts ... hopefully you didn't pay too much ....
Thank you for checking. I imagine they came with instructions, since the base roof rack did... But who knows. It is a discontinued model, so I think my only hope is finding someone on the forums who owns one and has the instructions or can post some pics of the attachment points.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:10 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
Do you have the part number off it. I can dig it up for you.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Sstrickstein
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Really simple install. Using your roof bar keys, unlock the side plates. Take your rubber gaskets off the top of the cross bars. Slacken the bolts on the trough, 2 on the front and one on the back. Slide the bolt plates inside the tracks inside the roof rack and place the trough where you want it. using the supplied tool, tighten up the bolts that torque the trough to the roof rack. Lock the roof rack side plates. Done.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:17 PM
misha
Neutral
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Do you have the part number off it. I can dig it up for you.
That would be amazing! Part number is 82720443635.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:19 PM
misha
Neutral
Originally Posted by Sstrickstein
Really simple install. Using your roof bar keys, unlock the side plates. Take your rubber gaskets off the top of the cross bars. Slacken the bolts on the trough, 2 on the front and one on the back. Slide the bolt plates inside the tracks inside the roof rack and place the trough where you want it. using the supplied tool, tighten up the bolts that torque the trough to the roof rack. Lock the roof rack side plates. Done.
that helps a bit, but unfortunately I don't have the tools that came with the rack. Nor the bolt plates for that matter. This is why I was hoping to get the installation manual, or pictures of someone install to see if I can piece the parts together myself.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:36 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
No install PDF on file, i just checked.

The front attaches in that slot, slides in from the side and the rear has a bracket.

Sorry I could not find it, I have pictures of the booklet but nothing from the inside.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-06-2018, 01:22 PM
misha
Neutral
No install PDF on file, i just checked.

The front attaches in that slot, slides in from the side and the rear has a bracket.

Sorry I could not find it, I have pictures of the booklet but nothing from the inside.
Thank you for looking.

Looks like I'll have to make some of those square attachment plate pieces, and figure out what the tool for the front bolts looks like. Possibly just a long, thin Allen wrench.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:29 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/82720443635/

I set the old system live on our site and NLA so you have a reference of the old pics.

Click on the link.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:43 PM
misha
Neutral
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/82720443635/

I set the old system live on our site and NLA so you have a reference of the old pics.

Click on the link.
That is incredibly helpful and exactly what I was looking for! thank you so much!

Old 07-06-2018, 01:46 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Welcome, anything for my MINI people.