R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2011 wipers, fan(engine) TRA MODE?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 07:05 PM
DrakeB
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 wipers, fan(engine) TRA MODE?

Back story... , the short version.......Water damaged(from sunroof all sunrf models all years 2 gen it will happen, be prepared) leaks down to pass fuse box corrodes mainly fuel pump circuit.... then your fuel pump doesn't work. So you get codes, and you replace HP fuel pump, intank fuel pump ect. ITS the FUSE box. So I replaced that, from Mini, correct part number blah blah. NOW the Fan(engine) does not kick on, and wipers dont work. replaced fan....same results. Now I also have a red triangle that reads TRA mode? Im guessing this is all related to the new fusebox, cuz did not have this prior. any ideas? The car runs great, I just unpluged the coolant sensor to run the fan on high to prevent overheating till I come up with a solution.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:35 PM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
TRA mode is transportation mode. The dealer should turn that off or you can inveat in INPA software and turn it off.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:31 AM
jimz67
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrakeB
Back story... , the short version.......Water damaged(from sunroof all sunrf models all years 2 gen it will happen, be prepared) leaks down to pass fuse box corrodes mainly fuel pump circuit.... then your fuel pump doesn't work. So you get codes, and you replace HP fuel pump, intank fuel pump ect. ITS the FUSE box. So I replaced that, from Mini, correct part number blah blah. NOW the Fan(engine) does not kick on, and wipers dont work. replaced fan....same results. Now I also have a red triangle that reads TRA mode? Im guessing this is all related to the new fusebox, cuz did not have this prior. any ideas? The car runs great, I just unpluged the coolant sensor to run the fan on high to prevent overheating till I come up with a solution.
I have the same problem from wat been told you have to take it to a dealer to program the new fuse block to the car. bunch of crap.
have you fixed your's yet?