R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:02 AM
fcaceres
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Issue

Hello,
I have an electrical issue when live the car 1 or 2 hour, also in the morning. I want to know if is the FRM, CAS or JBE module?

here the video:

Old 01-03-2020, 08:49 AM
-T.
Neutral
I'm new to the Mini scene, but the crank over sounded a bit slow. I'm wondering if you may just need a new battery? I'm sure, like most new cars, all sorts of strange things can happen when the voltage gets even a little lower than the computers are expecting to see. If the car runs for awhile, do the gauges begin working again? Running the engine a bit, may get the battery charged enough for things to get back to 'normal' Since we don't have any gauges to get information from, perhaps put a voltage tester on the battery after the car has sat from awhile and see if it is down below 12v.

Good luck.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:18 AM
fcaceres
1st Gear
Originally Posted by -T.
I'm new to the Mini scene, but the crank over sounded a bit slow. I'm wondering if you may just need a new battery? I'm sure, like most new cars, all sorts of strange things can happen when the voltage gets even a little lower than the computers are expecting to see. If the car runs for awhile, do the gauges begin working again? Running the engine a bit, may get the battery charged enough for things to get back to 'normal' Since we don't have any gauges to get information from, perhaps put a voltage tester on the battery after the car has sat from awhile and see if it is down below 12v.

Good luck.
The battery is new, I bought it 2 weeks ago. Then drive for a while the gauges work again without problem but only disappears when I turn off and restart the engine. Everything works fine after driving for a while after turning the engine off and on.
Could be de CAS, FRM or JBE module?

Old 01-03-2020, 09:36 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 432 Likes on 398 Posts
JBE...if you have a sunroof, water might've gotten there and cause a short or damage.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:52 AM
-T.
Neutral
I'm probably thinking too basically, but is the alternator doing it's job? Are you showing better than 14v. or so with engine running? I'm just thinking about the basics right now. I haven't had mine long enough to deal with these modules yet... In due time, I am sure I will... lol

Old 01-03-2020, 11:05 AM
fcaceres
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniToBe
JBE...if you have a sunroof, water might've gotten there and cause a short or damage.
Yes, i Have sunroof. but I dont see any water or puddle. I clean all de jbe module also.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:06 AM
fcaceres
1st Gear
Originally Posted by -T.
I'm probably thinking too basically, but is the alternator doing it's job? Are you showing better than 14v. or so with engine running? I'm just thinking about the basics right now. I haven't had mine long enough to deal with these modules yet... In due time, I am sure I will... lol
Yes, the alternador voltage is 14v.