R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Remus Responder Pedal Mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 07:15 PM
Mini242
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Remus Responder Pedal Mod

I wanted to give a quick review of the Remus Responder. There aren't many mods for the Mini but this one is pretty good. It doesn't add HP but it feels like it does. I made a good bonus at work and recently rebuilt the engine and wanted to treat myself. I already have the JB+ piggyback and always wanted to get a pedal commander or something like it. The only thing that held me back was "does it add power, no" why not just push the pedal. I think I have PTSD from some fat old guy installing my downpipe on my WRX telling me it wouldn't add power. He just told me to push the gas pedal it makes you go faster. Flash forward 20 years I am older and make more frivolous purchases.

I bought my Remus Responder from Outmotoring. There was a couple of other places like ECS. I love their service but I have a points piggy bank at the Outmotoring. The package was delivered to another apartment in the ghetto I live in. Luckily, the guy dropped it off at the door. I had nightmares that some dude opened the box thinking he just scored the lottery just to find a cord with a box. I called UPS and sent a few emails in panic but wow! I was surprised honest people still exist. Enough about my stupid story on with the review.

Installation was a cinch. Take off pedal with allen wrench and plug it in and route the module through the steering column or along the side of your seat. There were no instructions but don't worry its pretty simple. I bought it with little research except they make amazing but expensive exhausts. The website didn't really work and youtube search was interesting to say the least. Some random videos in spanish, japanese and a euro car that I have never heard of except Forza (Seat Leo or something).

The display is as follows, " Sport, Memory, Race". The more you go into "Green" the more lazy the pedal is. The first few settings in green were an improvement on the pedal feel. The 3rd green setting was not my favorite. Race can be very touchy on the 3rd setting. not my favorite in stop and go traffic. I noticed that the second race setting was my favorite. In my auto I could feather the pedal and it would downshift. My intake and turbo were making more noise than I was used to because I was getting deeper into the throttle and backing off quicker. More pops from the exhaust as well.

Overall, I am happy with the Remus Responder. Only con would be the lack of instructions and that the module is glowing right now inside my car while its off. You can turn it off by holding the memory button and the lights go off. I would rather it stay on and I am ready to go. It would also be awesome to keep the sport button on but one can only dream. It does what it advertises and modifies the throttle input. Its a similar concept to increasing the sensitivity of a controller on Xbox. I would suggest it for someone that wants a bit more control over the pedal feel and throttle responsiveness.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:31 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,091 Likes on 1,865 Posts
Thanks for the review. Not that many people know they make one.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172