R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Colors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:38 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Official Colors?

Seen at mini2:

"As already mentioned there are 7 new exterior colours, plus 5 colours already available in the MINI range. The complete list is: Mellow Yellow, Oxygen Blue, Chili Red and Pepper White as the solid colour choices. And in metallic there is British Racing Green, Pure Silver, Astro Black, Sparkling Silver, Lightning Blue, Nightfire Red, Dark Silver and Laser Blue. "

That means -- no non-metallic black. Sorry, sports fans.

Scans:

http://www.mini2.com/images/2007scans/exterior_1024.jpg

And this means for me I'm probably going DS/DS. What I've seen of Nightfire Red might not be dark enough for me, and other info says it's MC only.

-W-
(posting too much, gotta cut back, can't order now, gotta wait, patience)

Old 08-22-2006, 06:56 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I'm stalking Oxygen Blue big-time, based on hints/speculation on MotoringFile and MINI2. It's funny that we've seen all the other colors in the range except this one. Maybe they're keeping it hush-hush on purpose, maybe they're tweaking it before they go final.

It looks like I'll be ordering an '08 Cooper at the end of 2007. The idea of getting a non-metallic color is quite intriguing, but obviously I'm not sure OB would be right for me till I see it.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:29 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, pretty boring color palette when you look at them all together like that . It's a shame they don't offer bolder colors. The colors look like swatches for a Fall clothing line. I mean I didn't think you could mute yellow but they managed to do it.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:30 AM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
i am in on that daker blue

Old 08-22-2006, 12:22 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Me, too. Lightning blue it is!

Now where's that order sheet?

Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I'm stalking Oxygen Blue big-time, based on hints/speculation on MotoringFile and MINI2.
If this is a French blue, it will be hot with a white roof. What's the speculation?

Old 08-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Electric Shock
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
Wow, pretty boring color palette when you look at them all together like that . It's a shame they don't offer bolder colors. The colors look like swatches for a Fall clothing line. I mean I didn't think you could mute yellow but they managed to do it.

I agree with what you say.

But there is good news in that palette as well. I remember especially after the elimination of EB and LY that there was a lot of complaining about the trend toward silvers and blacks and darker colors. At least now with Laser Blue and Mellow Yellow they are bringing back at colors similar to EB and LY.

I know a lot of peole didn't like the shade of yellow that LY was. Maybe MY will satisfy.

Being and EB person myself, if I had a complaint about EB it was that in the day time it was maybe too baby blueish. LB is said to be a similar but deeper color than EB. Sounds perfect to me.

Oh, and that pallette is oviously deceiving. Look at BRG for example. It is a much better color in reality than it shows there.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those of us with the Space Blue/Silver combo are going to have rare cars indeed! Both were only available for 2006! Nice!

Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
skitelluride531
Former Vendor
It certainly is a shame that they are not offering Jet Black. Oh well...

Old 08-22-2006, 02:38 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by skitelluride531
I agree. How can you make what is essentially a sports car and not offer a true black? That is lunacy. I thought for sure Jet Black would return. Oh well. Makes my baby more special, I guess.

OMG!!!!!:impatient I just looked at Mellow Yellow. It is the exact same color I recently saw on a new Beetle. I just told my SO about how it looks like macaroni & cheese, and that while I love mac & cheese as much as any 2 year-old, I certainly wouldn't want my car to look like it!

Old 08-22-2006, 02:57 PM
fillelectrique
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by skitelluride531
darn!

Old 08-22-2006, 03:16 PM
resmini
6th Gear
Yep, kind of disappointing. I'm sure you've noticed that most cars, SUV's or whatever on the road today are painted dull, boring colors. I think MINI's are made for bright, cheerful colors and I wish there was a bigger choice, instead of the color swatches for ordering a casket.

I even liked Liquid Yellow much better than the new mustard looking Mellow Yellow.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
What's the speculation?
For Oxygen Blue, MotoringFile hinted of a teal color, but MINI2 speculates of a light powder blue, citing this example that, thankfully, never went into production...

However, if it's anything like Island Blue...

...I will be in love!!! Honestly, though, I'm not sure how true Island Blue will look on a new MINI. We'll just have to see what the good folks at BMW come up with. The fact that it is the only color yet to be announced seems to indicate that they are not ready to reveal it...perhaps a tweak is in the works!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
if they made a real brg, instead of a metallic contraption of a color.. i'd be happy....

Old 08-22-2006, 07:25 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by resmini
I even liked Liquid Yellow much better than the new mustard looking Mellow Yellow.
I have been trying to think of a good way to describe that new yellow. Mustard is perfect I loved LY & wanted that color for my 2nd Mini but I def am not feeling Mellow Yellow is for me Ahh well it will be 2 years before I get my 2nd so maybe they will spice it up by then.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Mellow Yellow looks like a color they tried to satisfy Yellow AND Orange lovers with in one ...

Liquid Yellow was far more fun, but Mellow Yellow looks more in tune with the supercar yellows out there.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:41 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
LY was much better color than the Mellow yellow. I noticed that they eliminated RG. Not that I am a huge fan, but, who needs 2 light silver shades? I do like the lighting blue. Hmmm.... my SO would never agree on that color. I could trick him! but after all he did let me pick out the color of his new outback. Hey, they don't have the orange color either? I thought the orange was a hot color! What are they thinking?

Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Crusoe
4th Gear
Yes the island blue was very nice. They came close to that with the GP.
I'm liking lightning blue too. Have to see the sparkling silver in the flesh.
In the end, PW and BRG are still my favorites and they should have brought back flat black.

If that's Mellow Yellow I'd hate to see if they went with full strength yellow.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:27 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by climbergirl
Hey, they don't have the orange color either? I thought the orange was a hot color! What are they thinking?
I think orange was only available on convertibles. It may still be available I don't know though.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 AM
vladimir
3rd Gear
Dulls-ville. I hate the new R56, but would have certainly been more interested if a (non-metallic!!) true Lime Green had come into the picture, or, a true citrus orange. BMW continues to insist on a dull and conservative color palette, even when the car screams to be "noticed." But I think the re-style is intended to homogonize the car anyway...

Old 08-23-2006, 09:52 AM
bamatt
6th Gear
Vlad I was hoping for a lime green non-metallic myself . I think it would be hideous on most other cars but the Mini could pull it off.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:45 AM
vladimir
3rd Gear
Vlad I was hoping for a lime green non-metallic myself . I think it would be hideous on most other cars but the Mini could pull it off.
I see Lime Green w/ Black Roof, checkered roof and mirrors, and stripes. I was truly hoping BMW would see the light on this one... !

Old 08-23-2006, 10:59 AM
resmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by vladimir
Dulls-ville. I hate the new R56..
Let us know when you come around to just severely disliking the R56.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:01 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
*yawn* three silvers offered *yawn*

Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote=vladimir]I hate the new R56[quote]

Vladdy, please dont be an R56 "hater," that's much too severe and polarizing. We're all on this MINI planet together, and being hateful of a new model is so 20th century. Howzaboot something on the order of "I REALLY dislike the R56" (for whatever reasons.)

It's like I dont say that I "hate" that GP contraption, I just "severely/really/totally dislike" it Peace 'quence

Quick Reply: R56 Official Colors?