R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Anyone else getting excited?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Rachmunas
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Chicago Mini dealer said a few months back that they will take order's in December, and will be at the dealership in Feburary. I'm patient but would still like to get one of the first ones in my area.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Redvaliant
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Gromit801
Um, they're built in the UK by British.

Why did you wait so long? We custom ordered ours in June, and had it by mid August.
Sorry - A POM is an English person to those of us from the other side of the world - hence the Anglo-Teuton reference...being a BMW designed make these days.
As for waiting; we decided after a few months of waiting to go for a 07 instead of an 06 - were offered the last build in the NW during August but decided to stay with the new model. The original estimation from NW Mini was a wait of 9-10 months at the beginning of 06, so the wait list must have shortened on news of the new car

Old 09-20-2006, 01:59 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fjork_duf
I hope miniusa does something cool like have at least one demo sent to dealers before the car is available to buy... so all of us deposit people can check the car out.
I think they will...even if only for a day or two. Everybody....people who have ordered, people who want to order, sales people...will want a good look at an '07. Ordering sight unseen...you are a visionary, sir!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 02:36 PM
RallyMINI2005
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm waiting on the '08 JCW MCS... 230bhp! hell yeah!

Some rumours even have it appearing as a seperate model ('a la M3) which would be cool too... Upgraded engine, brakes, suspension, interior... <drool>

Could give the JCW GTP MCS a run for it's money..

Plus giving the new car a year to shake out it's flaws will be great too.

That all being said, I'll sure miss the whine in my 05 when its gone!

RM2k5

Old 09-20-2006, 09:07 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mcarlo52
The waits have been (and in some cases still are) very long at various west coast dealerships. Mostly this is because some dealers offer MINIs at MSRP and some in the same general area don't. This means for the consumer that if they don't want to pay the $2000-$4000 markup, they go to the cheapest dealership. Since their allotment is fixed the list gets long. This is the case for East Bay MINI compared to the others in the area. My wait is going to be in excess of 6 months. I put a deposit down in July to hold my place on the list for an '07 MCS and there are at least 10 people ahead of me. I would imagine that at East Bay MINI there are no more slots for 2006 models and haven't been for awhile.
I'm #26 at EB Mini... what number are you? So you think your wait is 6 months from now? or from release? What is a typical allocation? I figure 26 cars in the first two months of release isn't that much.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:16 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I think they will...even if only for a day or two. Everybody....people who have ordered, people who want to order, sales people...will want a good look at an '07. Ordering sight unseen...you are a visionary, sir!!!
Well... I ordered at a dealer that charges MSRP and has a refundable deposit. So if it should really suck (which it won't) I'll be covered

Old 09-20-2006, 10:01 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Redvaliant

The original estimation from NW Mini was a wait of 9-10 months at the beginning of 06, so the wait list must have shortened on news of the new car
I too have a deposit at NW Mini for an '07.

I'm hearing a demo will be availible around the time customers will be able to finalize specs (November). If you check www.psmini.org it sounds like theres going to be a release party for the new car at the dealership.

My understanding is that once specs are finalized, the deposit becomes non-refundable (which is fine by me - as long as I've driven & seen the car).

West coast delivery in March or April.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:38 AM
TLCerino
1st Gear
I'm still waiting for my MINI!

OK, so I have ordered my first Mini and I am WAY excited!!! I have been "riding the side lines" for 2 years! My sales guy did not tell me about the new '07? What should I know about it? I did not even see anything about it on MINIUSA.....

Old 09-21-2006, 11:17 AM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fjork_duf
I'm #26 at EB Mini... what number are you? So you think your wait is 6 months from now? or from release? What is a typical allocation? I figure 26 cars in the first two months of release isn't that much.
I think I'm #14 or 15 because the MO didn't know for sure at the time. My 6+ month wait was total time from deposit until delivery.
Have you decided on your specs. I change my mind about every other day

Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mcarlo52
I think I'm #14 or 15 because the MO didn't know for sure at the time. My 6+ month wait was total time from deposit until delivery.
Have you decided on your specs. I change my mind about every other day
Specs:

Must Haves:
-Limited Slip Diff
-Sport Suspension (if it is an option)
-Dark Blue or Dark Grey exterior with black roof
-The new s-lite like wheels (whatever those are called)
-Multifunction wheel
-Upgraded stereo
-Interior color line 'matching' exterior with matching ray cloth/leather sport seats (blue or grey)
-Sport pkg (I assume xenons etc like before)
-On Board Computer

Maybe:
-Keyless entry/start cool feature, but would not be necessary if it's too expensive
-ipod adapter
-auto climate control (i usually prefer manual)

I guess some of it comes down to what the packages will be.

I'm going to aim to configure the car for an MSRP around 25-26k

Old 09-21-2006, 05:46 PM
MD-IN-UK
3rd Gear
:impatient I had to call my dealer in VA Beach to get a heads up and was told I'll have to wait till January to order and February to recieve. That didn't sound quite right to me, so like the rest of you all, I'll just have to be patient

Old 09-21-2006, 05:57 PM
MD-IN-UK
3rd Gear
:impatient I had to call my dealer in VA Beach to get a heads up and was told I'll have to wait till January to order and February to recieve. That didn't sound quite right to me, so like the rest of you all, I'll just have to be patient

Old 09-21-2006, 08:08 PM
resmini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TLCerino
OK, so I have ordered my first Mini and I am WAY excited!!! I have been "riding the side lines" for 2 years! My sales guy did not tell me about the new '07? What should I know about it? I did not even see anything about it on MINIUSA.....
I'd suggest you go to www.motoringfile.com

All kinds of info there.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MD-IN-UK
Doesn't sound right to me, either. Order a MINI and take delivery one month later? That would be very rare indead!

Old 09-22-2006, 08:15 AM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
fjork_duf,

We're close in many ways.

Definite:
Dark Silver with Black Roof
6-speed manual
Sport Package
Flame Spoke (as per the wife)
Grey (or darkest offered) Interior
Piano Black Dash and Creme knee and arm rest
MFSW
LSD (if offered)
Upgraded stereo with Sirius (if offered)
On board computer

Maybe:
Black Stripes
the Leather seats that have the trim piping in creme
Heated seats (I know, why do I need them in the East Bay, one word; spouse)
iPod adapter (may do this myself when they become available for R56)

Things I don't want:
Sunroof
Auto gearbox
Auto Air

I'm going to try to keep the cost below $27K but who knows

Old 09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
I'm SOOO excited. I'm driving myself nuts just waiting for the ability to start configuring, not to mention placing an actual order. If I want to recieve mine by late April/early May, when do people think I should place the order? I'd like to wait a bit to avoid double car payments in the household as long as I can, the other car will be paid off in September and I think we have the summer under control. It's the spring months I gotta worry about the finances for, hence why I want to wait a bit (but not too long!).