R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Anyone else getting excited?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 03:38 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone else getting excited?

I keep checking all these stupid web sites all day looking for a new mini configurator and new pics. I already put down a deposit and the wait is already killing me. Hahaha... I hope miniusa does something cool like have at least one demo sent to dealers before the car is available to buy... so all of us deposit people can check the car out.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:50 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demos are supposed to be availivle in October-November.

Since your soking it all in, go look for the spy shots of a train LOADED with 2007 Minis (they're out there, I just saw them myself). Very telling and cool pics.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome!!!

October-November!!! That's great. I can't wait to see/drive one. Yeah I saw the pics on the train. Definitely looks awesome. I keep going back and forth on color choice. Dark Silver, Laser Blue or maybe Sparkling Silver. I definitely want the black roof. I am debating because do I want a color that blends in, but is hard to take care of? or one that stands out that will look better over time?

Old 09-11-2006, 08:05 PM
msh441
6th Gear
I really like dark silver with the white roof, too. Probably tied for my favorite combination. Hides dust/dirt well... but there are a TON of them here where I live (like 3/5 that I know of).

Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm definitely jonesing for the configurator, but it's probably going to coincide with first orders. I imagine quite a few dealers work off the online configurator rather than a spec sheet for orders. Customer-friendly, and then they go tick off the boxes after $$ is in hand.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:05 AM
Tri3
1st Gear
I am waiting for the order date when ever that is. I am 5th on the list. I think the 4 before me are demos.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:02 PM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Excited?

Every time I turn the key and start my 06 MCS/JCW and hear that whine..........

Old 09-17-2006, 07:21 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I confess I've been all over this, too. Personally, I've found MINI2 a big help in stalking the '07s, so kudos to them.

Yeah, ths photos on the truck are interesting in that you can see new and old side-by-side right next to each other. Especially noticable is the higher beltline and narrower windows. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to see the demos in person some day soon.

One can look at all this from many different perspectives, of course. A lot of the cosmetic changes are very foreign to our eyes, but I find I can live with these tweaks if they are well-motivated. I guess, too, my first instinctive reaction (as a Cooper-only stalker) was a good one, so that's a good place to start. We'll see how things unfold.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:33 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am beyond excited. Mainly since I have never owned a Mini but have been staring from the sidelines for the past year and a half. I have decided to go for an 07 Mini, because of all the little extra quirks that I can brag about (IE: Push Button Start!).

I'm getting really excited, but my dealer said they would call me around Oct/Nov when they begin orders and so I can put my money down on one.

The thing I am most afraid of is that I am trying to budget for the car right now, but the 07 pricing isn't out and I'm afraid it will be a lot more expensive with all the options they have been adding! I hope not!

BTW: GOKart: I see you are from Arlington... Is Moritz telling you Oct/Nov?

Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM
miniGarfield
2nd Gear
i'm excited but I think I don't want to get rid of my 05 purple haze so now i think i'm going to collect minis, i can't wait to pay it off so i can get my next one!!!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PezRadar
BTW: GOKart: I see you are from Arlington... Is Moritz telling you Oct/Nov?
Pez, buddy...I'm probably going to get an '08 so I'm just watching the '07s like a hawk because, yes, I'm just that neurotic. October/November isn't bad...info from MINI2 seems to indicate that certain promised colors will be phased in, so if you want Nightfire Red you may have to wait even longer.

Moritz is a good dealership, they'll take good care of ya!

Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Hyper!!!Blue!!!
3rd Gear
I'm excited, but just to see what people do with the new car. I'd like to get a new MINI, but I still love my current one. I'm not going to crap on the new model to justify my purchase like some others here .

I'm really curious to see how much better the fuel economy is.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Fullpint
3rd Gear
I'm very excited about the R56. I am wary about issues over the first few months of production, and I'll be watching while I wait for '08 to get one. My wait isn't to avoid the bugs, though. If I could, I'd get an '07, but I'm getting some other bills paid off before I take on a MINI payment.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:35 AM
resmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Fullpint
If I could, I'd get an '07, but I'm getting some other bills paid off before I take on a MINI payment.
That sounds very un-American.

Just kidding, I hope you get your MINI soon.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:23 AM
mkh
1st Gear
Hey gokart - Moritz is saying Oct. is when they get their first quota numbers, late Jan. early Feb will be first deliveries. Service dept. there is great! But going into their sales dept, keep your hand on your wallet, and take off any jewelry/watches before you shake hands with anyone.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Fullpint
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by resmini
That sounds very un-American.

Just kidding, I hope you get your MINI soon.
Ha! Ha! If I could get it sooner, I would. I'd probably have an R53 Cooper S if I was willing to be more American.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Redvaliant
1st Gear
We have been on the wait list so long (january 06) that our Mini has morphed from an 06 to an 07 - Hello Seattle!. In the meantime we had to go and buy an old car to make do till January, and the wait is getting agonizing. On here everyday to see any news or scuttlebut on the 07s. Can't even decide on the colour yet due to BMW/Mini's infernal drip-feed of news on their car.
Get a move on there, you German-Poms and start building already.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hella Yeah I'm excited, I'm like 2nd on my dealer's demo list when the 07 S arrives--and this is despite the fact that I love my 05 S (despite niggling interior and some mechanical issues, mostly steering related.)

Old 09-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Redvaliant
We have been on the wait list so long (january 06) that our Mini has morphed from an 06 to an 07 - Hello Seattle!. In the meantime we had to go and buy an old car to make do till January, and the wait is getting agonizing. On here everyday to see any news or scuttlebut on the 07s. Can't even decide on the colour yet due to BMW/Mini's infernal drip-feed of news on their car.
Get a move on there, you German-Poms and start building already.
Um, they're built in the UK by British.

Why did you wait so long? We custom ordered ours in June, and had it by mid August.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mkh
Hey gokart - Moritz is saying Oct. is when they get their first quota numbers, late Jan. early Feb will be first deliveries. Service dept. there is great! But going into their sales dept, keep your hand on your wallet, and take off any jewelry/watches before you shake hands with anyone.

Yea I went in the other day and met Neil. Nice guy =] I test drove a few 06's and decided that a Mini was right for me!

I'm hoping sales isnt evil.. I will fight hard for my money for sure =]

Old 09-19-2006, 07:07 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
Hella Yeah I'm excited, I'm like 2nd on my dealer's demo list when the 07 S arrives-
My wife took her '04 MC in for the battery thing and maintenance today.

I asked her to stop by the showroom and ask about when they expect to have an '07 in to look at.

They estimated "March".

She asked if they had a waiting list, they said no, because they didn't even have the options available, yet.

Which tells me 0) they're getting no showroom allocation (or the salesperson did not understand or my wife didn't ask right -- I'll cut them a little slack, but the idea of not having a model in-showroom before March scares me); 1) they think waiting list means "get the order now and type it in the system in order when you can"; and 2) I'm probably going to be looking to the next-farther out dealership when I order.

She only had to wait four hours for a level one maintenance, which they said would take two and a half hours. Never mind the fact that when she called to make the appointment, she got voice mail, had to call back twice, the service manager said that someone would call her back in two minutes, which meant an hour later, and the woman said she had no such voice mail on her system.

The guy in town that does MINI work charges a decent premium ($100 for an oil change. $250 if you want that with the Inspection One or Inspection Two maintenance as well), but somehow I think it might be worth it, given that the next-farther out dealer is ~200 miles away, because UnitedAuto is apparently too proud to add MINI dealerships to their existing stable of dealers, which is another thread entirely.

-W-

Old 09-19-2006, 07:11 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Gromit801
Um, they're built in the UK by British.

Why did you wait so long? We custom ordered ours in June, and had it by mid August.
I have a feeling some dealers are better than others.

There's no excuse for a one-year-plus wait.

-W-

Old 09-19-2006, 08:15 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
The waits have been (and in some cases still are) very long at various west coast dealerships. Mostly this is because some dealers offer MINIs at MSRP and some in the same general area don't. This means for the consumer that if they don't want to pay the $2000-$4000 markup, they go to the cheapest dealership. Since their allotment is fixed the list gets long. This is the case for East Bay MINI compared to the others in the area. My wait is going to be in excess of 6 months. I put a deposit down in July to hold my place on the list for an '07 MCS and there are at least 10 people ahead of me. I would imagine that at East Bay MINI there are no more slots for 2006 models and haven't been for awhile.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:11 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mcarlo52
$2000-$4000 markup
It amazes me that this is still going on. Lots of owners buy out-of-state and have their MINI trucked in. Seems to work very well.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:42 AM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
It amazes me that this is still going on. Lots of owners buy out-of-state and have their MINI trucked in. Seems to work very well.
Yes, I might have done that except for the fear that some service departments are rumored to give preferential treatment to owners who bought their MINI at that dealership. For example, shorter service appointment waits. Besides, I've been waiting about 5 years to get a MINI, a few more months won't make that much difference.

Quick Reply: R56 Anyone else getting excited?