R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Give me reasons why I should buy an R56??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:27 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had a lot of VWs over the years but after the side molding peeled off of my last one and the dealer said they couldn't fix it (well, they said they couldn't promise it would stay on if they fixed it) I lost a little confidence. Still, the GTI is a sweet package. The BMW is a honey too. Audi, to me, for no reason, seems a bit more like a German businessman than a car, but I'm sure this is because I once test drove a used 5000 with stuts apparently glued back on by the VW dealer. As for the MINI, well, how do you explain love?

Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 PM
irieman
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay enough with that crazy (finger quote) "logic" (finger quote) people! Let's get right down to it:

Be the first on the block, city, and bowling team. Make your flaunty neighbors drool. Single? Not for long! Scratch that itch. Live a little. Make friends and influence people. Be "that guy with the MINI". (You know you want to!)

Okay a bit more restrained... When I was ready for a new car I had four cars on my list- practical, very practical, sorta practical, MINI Cooper. My heart knew I wanted the MINI, so I test drove it first and never looked back. And guess what- it turned out to be the most practical of all!

Best of luck, Deutsch!

PS: Oh yeah one more- Get the MINI and you instantly have 30,000 friends on NAM.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
thlaxx
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fullpint

The MINI is ageless. There is no demographic to which it can be marketed. MINI owners range from teenagers getting their first car to senior adults and everyone in between. Any gathering of MINI owners will attest to this eclectic group of MINI enthusiasts.

I just ordered a Cooper S and this is my first car. I love the deisgn, performence, and everything about the mini. It gets attention, has go-kart like handling, a great car, and you can customize it like no other!

Old 02-06-2007, 04:38 AM
illeagalhunter
3rd Gear
because you want one no other reasons should do

Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 AM
carlo@southbaymini
Former Vendor
Millions!

I will give you figure! 10 million!!! 10 million ways to build the r56. Not just base, option1 or option2............. 10 million!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:38 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Reason 1,547:

Thousands of people on this board will think you have good taste.

Not to mention the tens of thousands of people who see you driving it who will think you're smart and good looking (cuz the MINI makes everyone look better).

Old 02-26-2007, 09:48 AM
MaxN
Reverse Gear
My wife has a 325i. It is a fantastic car. It is utterly competent at everything I ask it to do. Her car has the sports/comfort/convenience packages and this combo is wonderful (and extremely expensive) - the sports seats are really comfortable and because they are power seats with multiple user settings, its great I just get in and press '2' and the seats and the mirrors adjust tp exactly the right points.

The auto box is superb, in SD and SDM modes it really flies too.

The stereo is a touch disappointing, and the steering wheel a tad thin.

On road trips I am still comfortable after 500 miles.

It averages 21mpg and has bullet proof residuals.

However

When we go anywhere at the weekend, we take my MCS, in the two years we have owned the cars we have put 52K on the MCS and 16K on the 325i - her commute is slightly further than mine too !

There is a fun factor that simply cannot be explained, the MCS is a hoot to drive. The 325i is simply competent and comfortable. Your choice, but the MCS is dynamite compared to any of your other options.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
TFM
2nd Gear
Well Deutsch - I think you got your answer in all these replies, here is my argument: none of the Mini owners here have considered a small econobox before buying the Mini, but have driven all kinds of 'fancy' cars before or simultaneously with the Mini (I have Porsche 911 & Cayenne and just ordered a Mini for some fun on the side) - the Mini is not a practical car, it is not the fastest, it is not the cheapest, it is not German made - but it is fun, unique, slightly different, without any 'social status' attached to it - it is for everybody who is looking for something a bit unusual, that puts a smile to your face, that represents as much individualism as you can put in a car (the famous 10million choices).

It will save you a few thousand dollars from the Audi/BMW choices (and you can have the same basic MCS anywhere from $22k to $35k just by clicking too often on the accessories) and it will loose a lot less value than most other cars, thus if you don't like it any more after a few months/years, you are still smiling when you are selling it ...