R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 NEW Pics of the 07 in Rome

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 05:20 PM
JCWGurl
Coordinator :: Manitoba MINI Motoring Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW Pics of the 07 in Rome

I got these pics from the GM's trip to Rome to test out the new MINI. He raved and I must say that I have seen the options booklet for the 07 and it is CRAZY!!! There are a TON of different dash options and some of the cool factory "toys" I saw include:
changing lights from inside the door pockets - goes blue to red to blue..
"Your name" lit door sills (I WANT THEM!!!) basicly like the lighted JCW sills but you send in your signature and they will make a custom sill
Roof toggles (where the bluetooth is) for windows etc
a checkered dash (and a REALLY nice one at that!) STANDARD! There are 11 choices!
Checkered seats
Multicolor armrests
storage compartment optional in the decor surface (seen in a pic below) also comes with net for foot area of passanger side and 12V in boot
Hill climb assist
"Start/Stop" button for ignition!
auto air conditioning (climate control)
CD changer in the dash console (seen below)
3 way heated seats (I love warm buns!)
"comfort access system" allowing you to lock/unlock the car without having to touch the key!
AUX in connection for stuff like your IPod
"sport" button ....mmmm even more fun?!? Is it possible!?!?!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:12 PM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that's the first pic I've seen of the Nav system-- neat

Old 11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and it looks amazing.. maybe i will wait for it now.. Ugh!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
alpinamike
5th Gear
I heard their was a 07...

meet and greet in Rome two weeks back. Ifigured it was people to become more knowledgable with the ins and outs of the 07'. This just confirms the news. It was nice for them to send you pics. Corp. MINI did not send me them .
But I like my checker dash more...
http://www.motoringfun.com/image-gal...amike/?pid=312

Old 11-16-2006, 06:44 PM
GoodFinder
4th Gear
Looking good! Can't wait to see it in person.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:13 PM
eager2own
6th Gear
hmmmm. . . . one of these cars is not like the others. I smell a supercharger -- hey, who invited the Cabrio?

Old 11-16-2006, 08:03 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
you can have a customized sill that lights up?

Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Fullpint
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by aznqtboy984

I'm pretty sure this is the interior light's package that lights the inside of the doors, up near the toggle switches in the head liner and the B pillars between the door and the rear windows. The lights be able to switch from orange to blue and three shades in between.

This feature is going to be standard on US spec MINI Coopers and MINI Cooper Ses.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:45 AM
coobah
2nd Gear
What color is that Park Lane MCSC?
It is sweeeeeet!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:54 AM
JCWGurl
Originally Posted by aznqtboy984

Yes. This is different then the ambient lighting spoken of above by Fullpint. If you have seen the JCW door sills that light up these are similar but you can send in your signature, name or other. If I get a chance today I will scan some of the '07 spec book that I received.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Hey JCW Gurl,

You sound like a lady with an inside track to all things MINI (R56)!

So maybe you can help out with an issue that has been vexing me for the longest! Do you have any info concerning the new MINI color, Oxygen Blue?

If so fill us in, as I'm sure that there are plenty of NAMers out there just dying to find out something about this most elusive of MINI colors! TIA!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 PM
JCWGurl

voila...I think it's the lightest one....I need to check in the flyer

Old 11-17-2006, 07:34 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
is the second one oxygen blue?

Old 11-17-2006, 07:48 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JCWGurl appears to have a world-wide scoop on the non-metallic Cooper color Oxygen Blue!!! Well done...I like it!!!

Looks to me like you have (l to r) Mellow Yellow, Oxygen Blue, Nightfire Red, Sparkling Silver (odd light but I think that's it), Lightening Blue, and Laser Blue.

Unbelievable...this is huge!!!! How often do you "see it first" on NAM? Thanks Gurl!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Pretty cool pics!

Old 11-17-2006, 11:14 PM
JCWGurl
ALL the colors are realyl nice for the '07! The BRG is metalic next year (was it this year?? =...my bad for not knowing) ALL the blues are BRILLIANT! I love em! I'll take one in each color! (don't I wish!)

Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride

JCWGurl appears to have a world-wide scoop on the non-metallic Cooper color Oxygen Blue!!! ...

WOW! Let me repeat that again WOW!

Finally, the mystery is solved and Oxygen Blue is unveiled to the world!

I agree with you gokart; JCWGurl has done a stellar job and we are indebted to her! Thanks Gurl, for your invaluable assistance, now maybe I can sleep at night.

I do like the color and am dying to see what it looks like "in the flesh"! Unfortunately, now I am faced with another dilemma, Oxygen Blue is only available on the Cooper, and not on the "S"! What's a boy to do? Mercy!

Well, I've still got a long wait till '08 and maybe by then there will be other offerings... like some non-metallic colors (e.g. French Racing Blue, British Racing Green, McLaren Orange, Alpine White)... Are you listening BMW/MINI?

Thanks again JCWGurl... Mystery solved, case closed!

Old 11-18-2006, 08:18 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Sabre
Unfortunately, now I am faced with another dilemma
I hear that!!! I'll have to wait to see Oxygen Blue "in the flesh" but it looks like this may seriously complicate my decision to go for a CR/W in '08, and who knows what will happen with color availability by then. Fortunately, I'm way into Coopers so model-specificity is not an issue. It is nice to have viable options that are non-metallic.

Old 11-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
I hear that!!! I'll have to wait to see Oxygen Blue "in the flesh" but it looks like this may seriously complicate my decision to go for a CR/W in '08...
You know gokart, you're really a "Blue" man (not the group) in your soul.

In fact when I first found out about NAM, your postings were some of the first ones that I read and as I learned to navigate the site, I checked out the gallery pics and I fell in love with your IB Cooper. That color was/is so cool! Too bad that it's not offered anymore!

So, not to try and alter your thinking, but you don't strike me as a CR kind of guy. I guess that over time, I've just come to associate you with the color Blue. Besides, there are too many of the little Red guys around... Getting a CR is nice, but it's like joining a herd -- Uh, oh... here come the flames!

Stick with Blue, my friend! It's you! I can see you driving an Oxygen Blue Cooper or maybe a Lightning Blue one.

Besides, if you went CR, you'd have to change your signature!

Old 11-18-2006, 09:16 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Sabre
you're really a "Blue" man
Alas, you are right...'tis true. It's even worse than that, if Oxygen Blue turns out to be anywhere close to Island Blue (my favorite classic Mini color) then I am obliged to follow my destiny or suffer an eternity of second-guessing myself. Add to that my endless complaining when Electric Blue was not offered as a Cooper color in the U.S. as it was everywhere else (yes I'm still slightly bitter over that one).

Thankfully, I have a full year to torment myself over this!

Old 11-19-2006, 02:20 AM
hgsbnt
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by JCWGurl
Mini Cab "Park Lane" with a blue paint ??? Does it exist?

Old 11-19-2006, 06:59 AM
resmini
6th Gear
Alas, you are right...'tis true. It's even worse than that, if Oxygen Blue turns out to be anywhere close to Island Blue (my favorite classic Mini color) then I am obliged to follow my destiny or suffer an eternity of second-guessing myself. Add to that my endless complaining when Electric Blue was not offered as a Cooper color in the U.S. as it was everywhere else (yes I'm still slightly bitter over that one).

Thankfully, I have a full year to torment myself over this!
I wanted an Electric Blue Cooper but couldn't get one, Oxygen Blue looks like it might be a good substitute for Electric Blue.

I love my CR/W and as far as, "joining a herd", I almost never see the only other nearby CR MINI, located in a town about ten miles from me. There is a very good reason there are so many CR MINI's, they look GREAT!!

Old 11-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Sabre
6th Gear
Originally Posted by resmini
... I love my CR/W and as far as, "joining a herd", I almost never see the only other nearby CR MINI, located in a town about ten miles from me. There is a very good reason why there are so many CR MINI's, they look GREAT!!
Let's face it, MINIs look great in any color and I meant no disrespect to those owners of CR MINIs. CR/W is a classic look and most attractive, but in my area though, the CR color has been done to death!

Now I don't live in a metro area, in fact it's as rural as rural can be (cornfields abound) and when I do spot a MINI it's a great thing .

Unfortunately though, most MINI sightings (8 out of 10) are CR/W. (no, it's not the same car seen over and over ). In fact you even allude to this fact when you stated in your post, "There is a very good reason why there are so many CR MINIs..."

So, in jest, there is a very large herd of the little Red guys running around out on the roads!

Now, this is a good thing, because; More MINIs on the road = A happier MINI world!

It's just too bad that I don't see the other colors represented as much on the roads.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:15 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I saw a brazen, scandalously irreverent Solid Gold MINI the other day!! My how we despised that color when it was introduced back in the day...talk about polarized opinions!!! But, yeah, seeing it the other day...it looked totally awesome!!! I admire those who step out into the unknown to embrace colors/options/you-ifications that aren't the standard fare....thank the MINI-gods for those folks!!! That's not to say the classic look isn't awesome, too...mine is that way...but ya gotta love variety and those who will step out there. Hat's off to the Solid Gold, Silk Green, and Velvet Red crowd....and those who have boldly followed in their footsteps!!

On a personal note....Oxygen Blue/White with wood steering wheel and dash inserts??? Yeah...I'm feelin' it!!!!!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Sabre
6th Gear

...but ya gotta love variety and those who will step out there. Hat's off to the Solid Gold, Silk Green, and Velvet Red crowd....and those who have boldly followed in their footsteps!!

On a personal note....Oxygen Blue/White with wood steering wheel and dash inserts??? Yeah...I'm feelin' it!!!!!
Variety is the "Spice of Life" and you're so right gokart!

Therefore, a tip of the hat and a stalwart salute to those brave souls that promote individualism and variety through their MINIs!

Where would the MINI world we be without the Solid Gold, Silk Green, and Velvet Red crowd?

I say "Hoorah" to variety & individualism within the MINI community! I may be wrong, but isn't that a part of what owning a MINI is all about, namely YOUification?

In reference to your personal note: Sound like a winner ... reminds me of a pic I saw of a classic '62 Cooper! Very nice!

Quick Reply: R56 NEW Pics of the 07 in Rome