R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Prestige MINI great dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:26 AM
sixblade
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prestige MINI great dealership

I just had to re-do my order for may instead of march like originally planned, my MA suprisingly wasn't pissed off in the least bit and was more than happy to put the order in for may instead of march! Everyone that works there is nice and doesn't mind having a conversation with you. The first time I came to the dealership they where getting ready to close and the Manager was more than happy to give me a quote while the lights where getting shut off.

Anyone in Jersey in the market for a new or used mini should certainly check them out!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 AM
minimagyar
3rd Gear
I had a good experience with them too. I put a deposit down on a mini I was interested in, and not only were they not pissed off when I changed my mind, but they also promptly returned my deposit. They also did not make me sign anything to hold the car for a few days.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:26 AM
designerMINI
5th Gear
I'll add my 2 cents on this as well. I've liked my experience with Presige also. My MA has a pretty layed back attitude. It's a good salesman that knows when to give you room and when to check-in and my MA seems to have the right mix. I initially was a little put off by the casual attitude MA but after visiting a couple other MINI dealerships I realized the culture must be promoted my MINI itself. I chose Prestige because I felt as long as I did my research I had someone who was working with me not against me.
My general car buying experience elsewhere (with other manufacturers) had been sort-of a battle. It's funny actually, I would prepare myself by reading books with titles like "What the car salesmen don't want you to know" (ha) and the like and after weeks of reseach on models and preparation I'd steel myself for the fight. In the end I never felt ripped-off but who needs the headache. I'm sure car buying has changed across the board for the better since then but I still get the impression I'm a "mark" when visiting other dealerships (non-MINI.)
I have heard that some people have given up on a whole MINI dealership as a result of not liking the attention they get from their MA. Honestly I did that recently, but I've been thinking that is really unfair to the dealership -- throwing out the baby with the bath water. I feel I should have spoken to the Sales Manager and switch my MA or just deal with the SM first before walking to another dealership, at at least see if it's the culture within the dealership. In the end Prestige is exactly the same distance to me as the other dealership (although in NJ and I'm in NY) so I'm happy where I ended up. MY two cents.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:23 PM
sixblade
2nd Gear
I gotcha, well prestige is maybe 20 minutes away from me and the next closest to me would be the MINI dealership and morristown NJ and I really hate traveling threw there.