R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Any 1/17 builds on west coast still awaiting transport?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Any 1/17 builds on west coast still awaiting transport?

I wonder what the deal is! I checked with ask mini and my MA still awaiting transport... I wonder if my car is f'd up or something??? Anyone else from 1/17 still awaiting transport?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:53 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup - what are your last five VIN? Mine are 83884...

Randy

Old 01-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Cooper2u
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep mine still waiting too, finished on 1/18 it is f 'ed up. I just posted some info in the production week thread that my MA told me, you might want to read.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:24 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
8 - 15 weeks???? Dude. That is crazy!!! I mean if it is built why just let it sit around? It doesn't really make business sense. It makes more sense to get the car into the hands of the buyer.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:27 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
Mine vin is close to that. Is it just west coast minis? or maybe a limited slip diff issue?

Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
I hate to fan the flames but maybe some of our cars have 'issues' :

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-f...anel-gaps.html

Some uglier issues:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-f...-my-s-due.html

Old 01-26-2007, 04:25 PM
BritBoy
3rd Gear
Yep, my car has been sitting at Portsmouth docks for well over a week now....

Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 PM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
I wish they would just let us know what the deal is.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:51 PM
designerMINI
5th Gear
Is there any sense in getting upset? MINI made a decision to not start distributing the cars until the launch -- regardless whether you ordered the car this week or 8 weeks ago. MINI has been very consistent about this. I have been on order for awhile too but there is nothing I can do about it and there is nothing anyone can do about it -- tracing your MINI (which it isn't yours until you take deliver) isn't a right that they are taking away from you it's a priveledge so if the system doesn't allow you to track the car that will eventually be yours thats too bad. I mean really, is this worth getting your floor mats in a bunch! As far as the "defects" goes -- that's not worth worrying about either. There have been a greater majority of MINIs sold to owners in GB and elsewhere that have been without these faults. If focusing on possible problems with delivery, damage to cars during delivery and possible defects once delivered makes the days go faster while you wait -- knock your socks off! To me that would make me miserable!:impatient

Old 01-26-2007, 07:05 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealership has 22 cars produced between 1/15 and 1/23 sitting at the docks right now.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:10 PM
camelpilot
Banned
i hope a flock of seagulls goes to the dock and craps on them all.

:P

Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do you even look in the r56 forum Camel? You seem disgusted by them in your posts and your sig.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:45 PM
designerMINI
5th Gear
Camel is funny, I don't mean HA, HA funny either.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Ken Cooper
4th Gear
Yeah, mine's still sitting there too. Production complete on 1/16. Yes, this does ask the question: Is there a problem? On the other hand, I feel better now that I know that I'm not alone in this.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:41 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
ASK-MINI says "In Transit" and even the website says so, but WW has no tracking information. It was production complete on 1/17. If there's a problem, then it's not with everything, and honestly, if they're at the docks, I doubt it's a QC problem. They'd probably deal with those at the VDC.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:45 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Here is a question I have for everyone here - is anyone's car showing the LSD? I ordered mine with one, and it never did show in the Owner's Lounge, though the MA swears it will be in it.

Our UK counterparts are being told that the LSD will not be available until mid-March deliveries. Hmmm...

Will my car show up without one, or are we getting stuff before the redcoats?

Randy

Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RandyBMC
Here is a question I have for everyone here - is anyone's car showing the LSD? I ordered mine with one, and it never did show in the Owner's Lounge, though the MA swears it will be in it.
I get the same story. I know if it ain't got it, I'm going to complain and whine and I definitely won't pay for it.

However it is on my Vehicle Inquiry Report from the order.

2TA limited slip differential 500.00

From what I've read in the MINI2 thread you've probably read, it does appear it's become available in the US before the UK. Probably a supply/expected-demand thing.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Cooper2u
2nd Gear
I really dont care about tracking my MINI I just want it to be here on time like my dealer told me. i have a bunch of things hanging on this, selling my current car etc and timing is everything. I mean if I sell my current car in Feb and my car doesn't arrive till May then I am up sh** creek as we would say. I just wish they would give us a specific date that is all I ask nothing else. So I am not really moaning just dont know where I stand and that is it. everyone else feel the same?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:55 PM
designerMINI
5th Gear
Cooper2 -- that sounds perfectly reasonable. I would guess there are many people in the same situation.
I would call my MA tell him/her your situation and say you want a loaner if your car fails to come in by a reasonable date. If you were told a specific date (or week) hold them to it. -- If you have not tell them you need a date PERIOD.
I would guess that your MINI will show up in time rather than them needing to loose a loaner. As with all Customer Service issues follow the chain up to Managers - Sales then General Manager and Regional, get MINI Corporate into the picture if that doesn't get you anywhere.
Start with a date from your dealer and tell them that an estimate within a week is fine but that if it fails to show up you will expect a loaner and get the agreement in writting.
That's my 2 cents.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:01 AM
karlInSanDiego
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
are we getting stuff before the redcoats?
Randy
Holy Crap Randy, you just reversed ~190 years of harmony with the Brits!

I feel bad for folks who are getting their panties in a wad about delivery timing. I guess Mini makes it worse for everyone inadvertently by giving us the owners lounge, the ask mini line, and sales folks who get the title Motoring Advisor. It takes time, and particularly with a new model launch, logistics are tough. I suspect Ask Mini and lots of MA's are rolling their eyes when they get frantic calls asking whether a car is port or starboard in the ship.

I do empathise with folks who aren't seeing LSD indicated anywhere, as we don't have a good recourse if that's been handled wrong, but why assume that it has been. I'm more likely to assume that the complex web of tracking the LSD for the consumer was the weak link. I have written my MA twice about the cost to fit our Aero kit, but when she'd made it clear that it's definitely an unknown cost at this point, I stopped hassling her, and turned my attention here to watch for clues.

Anyway, not meant to flame, but maybe to calm some folks nerves a bit. Let's not wear out the support network or assume our cars are smashed up and being rebuilt at the port, just because the support folks start throwing out elongated numbers to try to roll back folks' expectations.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Trinity07
6th Gear

Our UK counterparts are being told that the LSD will not be available until mid-March deliveries. Hmmm...

Will my car show up without one, or are we getting stuff before the redcoats?

Randy
I had the same problem with my LSD not showing up on the website but my MA verified it was part of the order and Ask Mini also verified it. I feel certain it will be there but if its not....

Old 01-27-2007, 09:12 AM
designerMINI
5th Gear
Karl I second that emotion!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Originally Posted by karlInSanDiego
Holy Crap Randy, you just reversed ~190 years of harmony with the Brits!

I feel bad for folks who are getting their panties in a wad about delivery timing. I guess Mini makes it worse for everyone inadvertently by giving us the owners lounge, the ask mini line, and sales folks who get the title Motoring Advisor. It takes time, and particularly with a new model launch, logistics are tough. I suspect Ask Mini and lots of MA's are rolling their eyes when they get frantic calls asking whether a car is port or starboard in the ship.

I do empathise with folks who aren't seeing LSD indicated anywhere, as we don't have a good recourse if that's been handled wrong, but why assume that it has been. I'm more likely to assume that the complex web of tracking the LSD for the consumer was the weak link. I have written my MA twice about the cost to fit our Aero kit, but when she'd made it clear that it's definitely an unknown cost at this point, I stopped hassling her, and turned my attention here to watch for clues.

Anyway, not meant to flame, but maybe to calm some folks nerves a bit. Let's not wear out the support network or assume our cars are smashed up and being rebuilt at the port, just because the support folks start throwing out elongated numbers to try to roll back folks' expectations.
I've certainly never been accused of being a diplomat!

Yeah - I agree. I just wondered if anyone else was in my boat with the LSD and if it was a common thread. It helps to hear from others that the same thing shows up with their order.

I actually mentioned to the MA what a pain it must be to have the customer with all of these tools - ASK MINI and the OL tracking.

What a great resource NAM is!

Randy

Old 01-29-2007, 12:38 AM
fjork_duf
5th Gear
It seems so far like all west coasters who ordered haven't boarded a ship yet. FWIW I have LSD ordered as well, but my MA said it was very common for the web site to be wrong in terms of ordered options.

The wait does suck like one of the other posters said because I'm also trying to time the sale of a car. Also I thought I'd actually be able to drive one sooner than Feb 23rd or whenever at my dealer.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:21 AM
BritBoy
3rd Gear
Just checked and my Mini is on a WW ship, the Asian Emperor. Its due into Southampton tomorrow (30th) to pick up a batch of Minis heading to the West Coast...yippeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quick Reply: R56 Any 1/17 builds on west coast still awaiting transport?