R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Got MSFW but not LSD apparently

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 05:16 PM
NOLAMINI
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got MSFW but not LSD apparently

I'm making this thread to see if anyone else had this problem. Since my 2007 Lightning Blue MCS was put into production back in week 3 I've been checking the order details in the Owner's Lounge and found that my car didn't show the MSFW or the limited slip differential...both of which I ordered. So after a couple of phone calls with my MA in Baton Rouge that amounted to me giving him more information about these issues than he gave me, I finally got a verdict from him about my car that is supposed to be coming in in the next two weeks:
The multifunction control was in fact on the car but the limited slip differential was not.
My question to new 2007 buyers: has anyone else had an issue with MINIs ordered with an LSD and not having it show up?
I was expecting to have to reorder but not because of this.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Trinity07
6th Gear
For most (if not all) of us our LSD did not show up on the 'Order Details' page but once checked was verified by our MA's and also on the ASK MINI number that it had been ordered and was being put on the car. Im not sure what to say since your MA verified that it was not on there though. I hope mine is there!

Old 02-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Optimum CableGuy
2nd Gear
LSD NO on order detail(OL)

I too ordered LSD but was not on order details in OL, But My MA assured me it was on his production sheet.....Heres to hoping all is well in about a month...

Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ditto.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:29 AM
graphicjoe
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish Mini would send a build sheet--or whatever they call it--to those who have ordered a car. I specifically asked for one, but have not received it. If purchasers could see an accurate build sheet early in the process a lot of fuss could have been eliminated. Those of us whose cars were built with the wrong steering wheels would have had a better chance of of alertinng Mini of the problem, saving time and trouble all round.

My car--actually cars--both show LSD on the little listinng in the lounge. If what is written there reflects how the car will be built, all should be well. But what I have experienced so far has made me cautious about believing all that i read and hear from Mini.

Good luck on your car's build,

Joe

Old 02-11-2007, 09:39 AM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Optimum CableGuy
I too ordered LSD but was not on order details in OL, But My MA assured me it was on his production sheet.....Heres to hoping all is well in about a month...
Me too. Should have it in 1-2 weeks, I will report back.

Edit: Response from my MA weeks ago in response to a query about LSD, Anth. headliner, and tye upholstery: [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]"[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I just check your production number and pulled up your order to verify all the options that you have selected. Everything is on there..."

I have a feeling the OL has a limited number of "slots" for displaying that info. Based on what I see in the page source, it's passed in the querystring, so that would make some amount of sense. Still, fingers are crossed.
[/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by dwdyer; 02-11-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: addn'l info.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:53 PM
glangford
6th Gear
Call ask-mini

When my reorder went in (MFSW problem), the MA read me the list from the production sheet item by item. The OL will not always show every item, in particular it won't show white roof/mirrors or other no cost options, like leatherette vs cloth, the build sheet will.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Originally Posted by graphicjoe
I wish Mini would send a build sheet--or whatever they call it--to those who have ordered a car. I specifically asked for one, but have not received it. If purchasers could see an accurate build sheet early in the process a lot of fuss could have been eliminated. Those of us whose cars were built with the wrong steering wheels would have had a better chance of of alertinng Mini of the problem, saving time and trouble all round.
I totally agree...

...and so does my dealer. They send the build sheets out to customers as soon as an order number is assigned. You (as a cutomer) have to sign and return it to "finalize" your order with them. Saves on the anxietey some. I know what's coming...

...now if I only knew where it went. OL ("Sceduled For Production") and ASK-MINI ("Awaiting Pick-Up By The Carrier") don't agree. Nothing has changed for the last two weeks. Cars manufactured ahead of, and behind, mine are on boats headed this way!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:15 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by msh441
They send the build sheets out to customers as soon as an order number is assigned. You (as a cutomer) have to sign and return it to "finalize" your order with them. Saves on the anxietey some. I know what's coming...
I signed at the dealer -- I was able to walk out with a production number and my Vehicle Inquiry Report, and it says

2TA Limited Slip Differential

So I'm not too worried.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:02 PM
wildone3c
Coordinator :: Gulf South Motoring
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLAMINI
I'm making this thread to see if anyone else had this problem. Since my 2007 Lightning Blue MCS was put into production back in week 3 I've been checking the order details in the Owner's Lounge and found that my car didn't show the MSFW or the limited slip differential...both of which I ordered. So after a couple of phone calls with my MA in Baton Rouge that amounted to me giving him more information about these issues than he gave me, I finally got a verdict from him about my car that is supposed to be coming in in the next two weeks:
The multifunction control was in fact on the car but the limited slip differential was not.
My question to new 2007 buyers: has anyone else had an issue with MINIs ordered with an LSD and not having it show up?
I was expecting to have to reorder but not because of this.

Did they forget to add the LSD onto your Mini at Brian Harris or did Mini forget to add it at the factory?? I just ordered a lightning blue S from Ciya on Friday after totaling my 05 S the previous Friday and we double checked everything I had ordered so I made sure he got it right. If you ordered an LSD and they forgot to add it at Brian Harris I would speak with Hedrick and make sure they get you taken care of and you don't have to wait any longer than you should. BTW I would love to see your car once you get it so I will actually know what Lightning blue looks like in Person. Also, Were having a 07 test drive and launch party at BH this Sat at 10 am if you are interested. Sign up's are on the GSM board. Can't wait to see your ride.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:12 PM
OutMotoring
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
same thing...owners lounge build list for my car that is 'en route" does not show LSD.....

strange...

OutMotoring.com: Home of the finest MINI and Aston Martin Parts + Accessories.
Shop online at www.OutMotoring.com
Free Shipping on most orders over $195 Click HERE

Old 02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
NOLAMINI
1st Gear
Update:
After talking to his boss and the boss of his boss, they assured me that the order did not have an LSD. So Siya is reordering my car, putting it on the front of the production chain, and giving me $500 in accessories options (woohoo). I am going back up there on Monday to look at some of the new models. Sorry Wild one I cant come on Saturday for good reason: I'm in a Mardi Gras parade. My non-LSD car I guess will still arrive at the dealer sometime over Mardi Gras week, its a Lightning Blue as well so it might be on display for you to see if you want. I'll keep y'all updated.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:02 PM
wildone3c
Coordinator :: Gulf South Motoring
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLAMINI
Update:
After talking to his boss and the boss of his boss, they assured me that the order did not have an LSD. So Siya is reordering my car, putting it on the front of the production chain, and giving me $500 in accessories options (woohoo). I am going back up there on Monday to look at some of the new models. Sorry Wild one I cant come on Saturday for good reason: I'm in a Mardi Gras parade. My non-LSD car I guess will still arrive at the dealer sometime over Mardi Gras week, its a Lightning Blue as well so it might be on display for you to see if you want. I'll keep y'all updated.
That's great but it sucks you will have to wait longer now. The wait is the hardest part. When are you expecting to take delivery?

Old 02-14-2007, 12:57 AM
illeagalhunter
3rd Gear
the lsd is not availble over hear till week 10 so your lucky to be able to order it

Old 02-14-2007, 06:50 PM
NOLAMINI
1st Gear
I'm going to be getting the delivery information when I go on Monday. I can't wait to see the new 07s and I'm hoping they'll have a Lightning Blue for me to check out. From the information I got, the LSD is put on at the factory and either they forgot (unlikely) or the ordering info got screwed up. I might take some pictures when I go up to Brian Harris and put them up if I see anything interesting.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
CooperS-lightningblue
1st Gear
I also ordered the LSD. I'm already driving, but when I go into a bent and accelerate the inner-wheel slips, just like my 2004 Cooper S without LSD. How can I see that an LSD is on the MINI?!

Old 02-15-2007, 11:57 AM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
I should be on that long list of standard and optional features that was stuck to the window. At least that's how it's done here, across the pond.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
:impatient The problem with the owner's lounge is that it's set up for "normal" people--those who can look in occasionally to check the status of their car. It's not meant for those of us who haunt the boards and pester ASK-MINI several times a week! My information was never correct--always a good week behind throughout the process, and my order details never showed LSD, although ASK MINI and my MA alike show it's on the car. I'll find out in a few days!