R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Horrible Last Minute Second Guessing! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like them both. From my perspective, you can't lose either way.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:32 PM
spykdpunch
3rd Gear
Talk about your dilemmas! It really comes down to personal preference. Both color combos have their pros/cons.

The LB/W is classic and vibrant. I think the pairing of the tuscan beige interior with the lightning blue exterior would be unique and fun. Since the quality of the tuscan beige leather is not quite that of the lounge leather for not much less money, why not opt for the carbon black lounge w/ cream piping and cream color line? The white roof and tinted windows should cut down considerably on the heat.

The SS/B is classy, but might not be as rare as you would like considering how many people just on this forum alone are getting the SS/B with redwood red interior.

I guess it's pretty obvious I'm leaning towards the LB/W combo.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 PM
designerMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by surfblue
Be sure and state that to every R56 owner you meet. That will give a whole new dimension to the "Mini experience".
But remember, your mileage (and your hospital bills) may vary.

LOL
Now, that's funny.

Color picking is so hard! I've second guessed myself often during the waiting. I suppose once there are more on the road it will become easier. That doesn't help now but it should get easier for people later.
I think both color choices are excellent. I agree with someone who said something about the SS color being new and original. The Lightening Blue strikes me as being relatively close to Hyper B. which would have been my choice for an 06 model (actually had one on hold.) The LB is a deeper color (saturated) and the SS is basicaly a tinted silver (sublte in comparison.) If a car color has any relation to the owner maybe it would help to difine how you see yourself -- classy and subtle, or vibriant and in your face. Maybe my carecterizations of the colors are different than yours but if you start with figuring out what the colors 'mean' to you it might help.
I was sort-of stuck on colors too and did this and ended up with MY. :impatient

Old 02-13-2007, 12:48 AM
karlInSanDiego
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw an R56 and had a mini-puke in my mouth.

Naw I'm messing with you guys. Our car Stuart is in transit as we speak. One consideration with color is the sunroof (really a moonroof since it's transparent). If you go white roof, you can get an opaque white decal (aftermarket) to make the roof one color and cut down on unwanted sun. Otherwise black roofs match with the black sunroof glass well. Ours will be Mellow Yellow with black roof and a sunroof. A while back we were considering Chili Red and white but were concerned about a white roof and a black sunroof. But seeing the JCW Aerokit photos convinced me that black roof with either red or yellow was in the cards. Then my better half chose yellow over red because Chili Red has become a ever so slightly cliche. This'll be our 3rd yellow car, as our BMW 2002 and Triumph Spitfire are also yellow. But those cars were chosen not for their color but their condition.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:59 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by spykdpunch
The LB/W is classic and vibrant. I think the pairing of the tuscan beige interior with the lightning blue exterior would be unique and fun. Since the quality of the tuscan beige leather is not quite that of the lounge leather for not much less money, why not opt for the carbon black lounge w/ cream piping and cream color line? The white roof and tinted windows should cut down considerably on the heat.:
Originally Posted by designerMINI
If a car color has any relation to the owner maybe it would help to difine how you see yourself -- classy and subtle, or vibriant and in your face.
It's funny... I showed a co-worker the two combos, and she said very much the same thing as designerMINI did. Do I want "classy" or "sporty"? (Her analogy: One's filet mignon, the other's a philly cheesesteak. I asked, "But which would you want to eat for the next 7 years?" Her reply as she walked back out the door: "I loooove philly cheesesteak."

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I'd loved the blue and should stick to my guns. I am getting a Mini for sportiness, but the seat comfort/quality issue is a real one. EVERY comment/comparison between the Tuscan and the Carbon says the Carbon's worth the extra.

So, Lightning Blue/white with Carbon seats, I THINK, is what I'm going to go with... Although the tan does look nice, but I'm going to be sitting in these seats, not admiring them from afar. Not for the price I'm paying for this car!

Thanks once again to everyone who has shared their thoughts on the matter... I'm still open to opinons, consenting, dissenting, whatever... My MA is in AZ getting trained so I can't change the order until tomorrow afternoon anyways. Any thoughts on a dash color to go with Black seats and the creme while color line, perhaps providing a bit of contrast?

Old 02-13-2007, 05:06 AM
vader
4th Gear
IMHO MINIs should be seen. To me that means that there needs to be something to catch the eye. Either a vibrant color (blue) and/or something else to set it apart. Being as small as it is, a SS/B MINI just won't stand out in a sea of silver cars.
Personally, I chose MY/MY to insure being noticed from all angles.
Somehow I feel safer when most other drivers notice my car. At least I know they know I'm there.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:17 AM
Gabe
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jmelrose
Option 2 (What I keep thinking about having seen pics on here): Sparkling Silver, black roof/stripes, silver wheels, Redwood Lounge Leather, Anthracite Headliner
Option 2. It was easily the most striking combination at the MINI Press Launch.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Gabe
Option 2. It was easily the most striking combination at the MINI Press Launch.
+1 Did you see Dave's photos???

Old 02-13-2007, 05:44 AM
GRMPer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with all SS, as I like the solid color cars....

Should be at Downtown MINI this afternoon!

Per

Old 02-13-2007, 06:02 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Scooter
+1 Did you see Dave's photos???
I did indeed. And while I loved the pictures HE took, every other photo I've seen of the Redwood taken in a variety of lighting makes it seem more orangey, or VERY bright red. (The fisheye look at the cockpit, for example.)

An MA I've corresponded with on Mini2 from Ireland tells me that the Redwood is a love it/hate it color. He's seen few who are merely "ok" with it. From what I'm seeing, I may be in the less favorable opinion column. (Hate it seems strong, as I have yet to see it in the flesh, but I'm definitely less comfortable with it than I was with the tan, or would be with a black variant.)

Anyway, Daves AWESOME photos are what headed me down this path of questioning, and as both the lounge leathers sound great, I'll go with the safer interior color and a BOLD exterior color, and I'm hoping that'll be good. Time will tell I guess. Sadly, I'll actually get to see these options almost exactly a day after I have to lock them in.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Shadowgram
2nd Gear
PLEASE help me too!

It's been killing me since I saw the Redwood Lounge seat at the Chicago Auto Show. I love the way is looks and feel. But I can't decide rather to change my order or not.
At the moment I have a LB/W, white bonnet stripe with black punch leather and alloy brush interior.
I am thinking about getting the SS/B (but can't seems to find the color on the mini site), black bonnet strip with the redwood lounge and black piano.
Is the one on motoringfile and the Chicago Auto Show a sliver, or pepper white. I really like that color combo but cannot for the life of me figure out what that was.
Thanks in advance guy, I only have till the 16th. Any help will be great.
Rocky