R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Anyone waiting for a Navigation System?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:13 AM
MiniMademoiselle
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone waiting for a Navigation System?

Let me preface this thread by stating that I'm new to this forum and I apoligize if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I ordered my Mini Cooper S back in November and still don't have my very first Mini yet I ordered the Navigation System and know that it just recently became available. If anyone else ordered the Nav System, do you know when you might be getting your car.

My car was ordered through a family friend who has his own professional leasing/buying company, and though I've asked for the VIN a zillion times, I still don't have it yet. I've more or less given up on the notion of tracking my car on the Mini Cooper website and have come here to find some answers as to when you think I can expect my car to arrive.

As if the agony of waiting five months for a car I've wanted forever wasn't enough, I have to deal with the frustration of not knowing when the heck it's coming :impatient

Thank you in advance for all of your help. I'm glad to be a part of this board now

Old 03-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MiniMademoiselle
Let me preface this thread by stating that I'm new to this forum and I apoligize if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I ordered my Mini Cooper S back in November and still don't have my very first Mini yet I ordered the Navigation System and know that it just recently became available. If anyone else ordered the Nav System, do you know when you might be getting your car.

My car was ordered through a family friend who has his own professional leasing/buying company, and though I've asked for the VIN a zillion times, I still don't have it yet. I've more or less given up on the notion of tracking my car on the Mini Cooper website and have come here to find some answers as to when you think I can expect my car to arrive.

As if the agony of waiting five months for a car I've wanted forever wasn't enough, I have to deal with the frustration of not knowing when the heck it's coming :impatient

Thank you in advance for all of your help. I'm glad to be a part of this board now
You have gone to a middleman, so who knows what he will tell you. In any case, I just ordered an MCS a few days ago, with Nav and I was told the car should be here the end of March, beginning of April.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
djam43
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too ordered my MC 7days ago with Nav, got a production # within 3 days should get VIN # soon ,Dealer said ''7 to 8" weeks after that should be the delivery here in EAST COAST US. I do think that you will like the Nav. What color did you order??.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
My Mini Cooper S Auto with Nav is in production now... scheduled completion is 3/5/07. Dealer says it could be 3-8 weeks from there, depending on time it spends sitting around waiting for boats, trains, trucks, service techs, the correct phase of the moon, etc...

Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Yes, I waited to order so I could get the SAT/NAV. Production is supposed to begin next week.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
I, too, ordered my MINI in November and had to wait 4 months for it to go into production due to the NAV and Auto transmission. Currently, my MINI is going through quality control checks, so I would expect to drive my MINI early April. Considering you are located in CA, it will take a bit longer for your MINI to get to you.

Just curious, why did you decide to go through a middleman to order your MINI and not just go to the dealers?

Old 03-01-2007, 04:30 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Actually, happy days are here. According to MiniUSA, production starts 3/1/07! Along with:

Automatic Transmission
Pepper White, Lightning Blue, and Laser Blue dash for convertibles
Navigation for R56
Sidewalk Package
All Season Tires for convertibles
17" Crown Spoke Wheels for Cooper S convertible
Oxygen Blue for Cooper
Sparkling Siverl for convertibles w/sidewalk package
mellow yellow for cooper convertible
laser blue for cooper s convertible
sunrise laser blue seat for convertibles.

S-lite wheels and hot orange will be deleted at this time.

Coming soon:
4/1/07 JCW kit for Cooper S convertible
4/15/07 nightfire red for cooper and cooper convertible
factory aero for cooper and cooper s
hypersport pack
6/1/07
HD radio
sirius satellite
audio pack

source: PDF posted on motoringfile

Old 03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
bp_2007
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMademoiselle

My advice...Be assertive. Call the sales mgr. at the dealership, have him/her pull the production code from your order (under whomever's name the order is under), and plug it into the miniusa website--or call 1800 ASK MINI with the production #. If your contact really ordered it, there's a record in the dealer's computer attached to someone's name with your car's info. Don't take NO for an answer.

PS: Ordered my MCS w/NAV on Feb 9th and just recieved my VIN (scheduled for production) from MINIUSA today.

Last edited by bp_2007; 03-01-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
AaronH
2nd Gear
I ordered mine last week with a Nav system. My sub production is this week and the conf prod next. I went back and forth on it, too, but I'm glad i got it. Now I just have to wait the normal production time - which is kind of torture.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bp_2007
My advice...Be assertive. Call the sales mgr. at the dealership, have him/her pull the production code from your order (under whomever's name the order is under), and plug it into the miniusa website--or call 1800 ASK MINI with the production #. If your contact really ordered it, there's a record in the dealer's computer attached to someone's name with your car's info. Don't take NO for an answer.

PS: Ordered my MCS w/NAV on Feb 9th and just recieved my VIN (scheduled for production) from MINIUSA today.
what they said

If he is a friend the middleman should go out of his way to be certain you were at the front of the line for allocation and get you the info to track production - after all that is part of the fun of ordering a car in the first place