R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Question about color lines

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:22 AM
benfica09
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about color lines

Hi all. New to the forum, and just placed my order for a PW/B MCS on Saturday.

Only thing I've been flip-flopping on is the interior color line.
I know I want the piano black, but I'm undecided on going with the dark gray color line, or the std. color line. (i've heard its called Gotham gray??)

my only problem is I have never seen this standard color line. From the configurator, it looks darker than the dark gray color line. Can anyone confirm. I like and want to keep a dark interior.

my only other thought is doing Red Rooster color line. what do you guys think??

Old 02-26-2007, 07:32 AM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
I could be wrong, but I think you can only get Gotham Grey if you get cloth seats. It's in the configurator and is the last option when scrolling to the right when specing out the interior. I really like the GG so I made sure to let my MA know that's what I want and didn't trust that I would get it standard.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe the Gotham Gray is available with the cloth or the leatherette seats, but not with any of the leather seats. I could be wrong and the dealer is still trying to figure out all the options.

Seems to be some confusion about the Tuscan Gravity Leather option right now. The dealer told me it was only available with the piano black trim, but the configurator allows you to chose another trim. Not sure which one is right at the moment.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 AM
inomis
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Coop of Hammer & Coop has piano black and rooster red colorline. Looks nice.

The standard colorline is dark but not sure if there is really any difference between it and dark grey. I think the MY MCS demo cars with the standard checkered dash have the standard colorline. If you can get to one of those you can see how dark it is.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 AM
benfica09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by inomis
Coop of Hammer & Coop has piano black and rooster red colorline. Looks nice.
funny you say that. when I saw Hammer & Coop that was the first thing i was thinking also.
I think if I was getting Astro Black or Chili Red I'd do it, not sure how it will go with White.

also, I just talked to my MA, he was able to confirm that the std. color line is slightly darker than the dark gray color line option.

And I was wrong about the Gotham gray. That option actually changes the door skin color. (not what i was looking for)

Old 02-26-2007, 08:52 AM
freez3
4th Gear
Location: United States of America, Ohio, Stark County, Uniontown
The piano black is awesome... the red color line would add a really cool splash of color on an otherwise monochromatic MINI.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
For a Pepper White and Black MINI, there are many interior combinations that would look excellent. If you're looking for monochromatic, then the checkered cloth seats with standard panther black color line and checkered dash trim is a no-cost but great looking setup. Another option for monochrome is doing Gravity leather black with dark grey color line and piano black trim. If you wanted to create a more lusterous aura, the Lounge black leather [with creme piping] with the creme color line and wood trim would be awesome. Three sports oriented interior could be the 2-tone leatherette with the standard panther black color line and the brushed alloy trim, or the Rooster Red leather/cloth seats with Rooster Red color and piano black trim, or the blue leather/cloth seats with blue color line and piano black trim, though the blue is a bit eccentric going with Pepper White. If I was feeling ambitious I'd do configurator screen shots!

Cheers,
Ryan

Old 02-26-2007, 09:14 AM
inomis
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I really like the red colorline with the neutral exterior colors, but I'm biased.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
I really like the red colorline with the neutral exterior colors, but I'm biased.
That does look sharp!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
benfica09
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by inomis
damn, that does look great.
I photoshoped it with piano black.

hmmmmmm.