R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Comfort Access (keyless entry)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Dirny
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillslinger
I think he was referring to locking the doors/closing the windows on the R53 with the key and how the windows and sunroof close at the same time (with the sunroof taking a bit longer) whereas on the R56 the windows close first, then the sunroof
That is, unless he added the Remote Auto-Up Module
http://outmotoring.com/remote_contro...up_module.html
Yes, I was referring to using the key on the R53.

What we need is a module for the R56 for one touch "up" windows and one for one touch sunroof open and closing. (but, that is another thread I already started)

Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Drillslinger
I think he was referring to locking the doors/closing the windows on the R53 with the key and how the windows and sunroof close at the same time (with the sunroof taking a bit longer) whereas on the R56 the windows close first, then the sunroof
That is, unless he added the Remote Auto-Up Module
http://outmotoring.com/remote_contro...up_module.html
Ahhhh... ...thanks for that info. Interesting what a 'real' key does vs keyless!

So now, when (if) I use the unlock function on the fob (R53) to roll down the windows/open sunroof, I can put them back UP with the key.

Sorry for the slight high jack but I'm sure an R56 is in my future!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Yup, on the R53 you can close your windows (and sunroof) up by locking the door with the key and holding it in the "Lock" position

Old 02-28-2007, 10:59 AM
rc'S
5th Gear
I like the fob in the Corvette. Walk up to the car and it unlocks without touching anything. Walk away from the car and it locks by itself. Get in the car and hit the button to start, no slot to put the fob into. How much more simple can it be?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Jerome81
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rc'S
I like the fob in the Corvette. Walk up to the car and it unlocks without touching anything. Walk away from the car and it locks by itself. Get in the car and hit the button to start, no slot to put the fob into. How much more simple can it be?
Thats what I was hoping it would be on this car. If you need to push a button to lock the car, what's the point? I dont ever close a car door and then touch the handle, I usually get out and give the door a quick shove while I'm walking away. If anything, having to touch the handle to lock the doors is more of a pain in the *** than slamming the door and hitting the lock button on the fob as I'm walking away. What exactly are you paying $500 for??!!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Do the CA fobs also have the standard lock/unlock buttons as well, in case we do have them handy? Isn't it usually lock/unlock and boot unlatch?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maaij
Do you have a bigger, better res. photo?
I want to use it for my MINI blog
I can do that this weekend, I'm doing a special project.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:56 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jmelrose
Do the CA fobs also have the standard lock/unlock buttons as well, in case we do have them handy? Isn't it usually lock/unlock and boot unlatch?
Yes. In fact I think they look identical, except for the battery door on the back maybe.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Maaij
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dwdyer
Thanks dwdyer

Old 03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
legalr
2nd Gear
I got two fobs. They both work. However I did not get a "wallet key"to open the door. My MA said they don't do that anymore. Maybe it's a dealer thing? I'd check with the dealer, and if the dealer says "one fob", call MINI to verify.
I just took delivey of my MCS Cabrio yesterday (3-1-07) and I got a plastic "wallet key" (spare key) and two Master keys with remote control. I don't think your MA told you the correct answer. Page 24 of my Owner's Manual shows all three keys.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
thlaxx
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jerome81
Thats what I was hoping it would be on this car. If you need to push a button to lock the car, what's the point? I dont ever close a car door and then touch the handle, I usually get out and give the door a quick shove while I'm walking away. If anything, having to touch the handle to lock the doors is more of a pain in the *** than slamming the door and hitting the lock button on the fob as I'm walking away. What exactly are you paying $500 for??!!

Your paying for the ability to walk up to your car, hop in, hit the engine start button, motor your heart out, hop out, touch the button on the door handle while closing it [during the "shove"], and walk away to your less fulling life untill you get back in the mini

Old 03-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Jerome81
2nd Gear
Man, I don't know if that's worth it

Old 03-02-2007, 04:23 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by legalr
I just took delivey of my MCS Cabrio yesterday (3-1-07) and I got a plastic "wallet key" (spare key) and two Master keys with remote control. I don't think your MA told you the correct answer. Page 24 of my Owner's Manual shows all three keys.
You bought a convertible. It is an r53 not an r56. The convertibles didn't change from 06 to 07 like the hard tops did

Old 03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
raeda minima
1st Gear
Does anyone have any idea how I managed to lock my fob in the boot since I have comfort access? Here's the sequence of events:

After having spent an hour or so in Barnes & Noble (I locked the car via the door handle button before going into the store), I approached the boot with the fob in my purse, unlatched the boot, put my purse in the car, and closed the boot. I then tried to open the boot and was not able to. I waited a few seconds and tried again. No dice. Tried the driver's side door without any luck. So I called my husband and had him drive to B&N with the extra fob.

Also, I thought that if you pressed and held down the door button, both doors would open. Mine doesn't seem to do that.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:09 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by raeda minima
Does anyone have any idea how I managed to lock my fob in the boot since I have comfort access? Here's the sequence of events:

After having spent an hour or so in Barnes & Noble (I locked the car via the door handle button before going into the store), I approached the boot with the fob in my purse, unlatched the boot, put my purse in the car, and closed the boot. I then tried to open the boot and was not able to. I waited a few seconds and tried again. No dice. Tried the driver's side door without any luck. So I called my husband and had him drive to B&N with the extra fob.

Also, I thought that if you pressed and held down the door button, both doors would open. Mine doesn't seem to do that.
wierd.. I was just reading in the owners manual that if you unlock the boot only, open the boot, then close the boot the boot locks automatically - UNLESS the fob is in the boot in which case the boot is supposed to pop open again.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Golsco
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by raeda minima

Look on page 19 of manual. It says persons or animals in a parked vehicle could lock the doors from the inside. Take key when leaving vehicle.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:58 PM
thlaxx
4th Gear
ditto

Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Maaij
3rd Gear
Dont forget the pictures

Old 03-04-2007, 10:45 AM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Maaij
Dont forget the pictures
Hi-res photos of the door handle can be found here:

http://www.influxofdust.com/R56/DSC_0155.jpg

http://www.influxofdust.com/R56/DSC_0156.jpg

They're a bit big, and I didn't do any noise reduction to get around the issues with digital photos and metallic paint. I also didn't polish things up first.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Maaij
3rd Gear
dwdyer: Thanks for the pics

Too bad it wasn't polished but it's ok

Thanks again for your help.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 AM
rdmini06
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rc'S
I just bought a 2012 S with comfort access and thought it worked like the corvette I had. the comfort access is not quite as convenient as the corvette but you still don't have to dig in your pocket/purse for a key.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
Nothing like resurecting a 5 year old thread.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 PM
gepperso
3rd Gear
Lock

You can program your MINI to lock automatically after a few seconds.
The fobs have about a 10 to 15 foot range on them.

Try this one out !! press and hold the unlock button on your key fob, it will roll down the windows and open the sun roof to the vent position to help vent the heat out of your car before you get into it. If you have a sun roof.