R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 New MINI decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:59 PM
bodom
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MINI decisions...

Hello everyone, I am thinking of buying a new Mini Cooper R56 and since tomorrow I ll be test driving it I wanted to ask you a few questions before I make up my mind!Any help will be greatly appreciated!

FIrstly I must tell you that I already own a BMW 320i E90 and I am rather annoyed by its heavy clutch, which makes urban driving tiresome , to say the least.
Now, since Mini is a subsidiary of BMW , I am concerned whether BMW's heavy clutch has migrated to the Cooper as well. I must tell you that this is a rather serious issue for me, since my left knee wont stand anything as heavy as the BMW clutch for long driving sessions and I ll mostly use the Mini for urban motoring...
Secondly I d like your opinion about the aesthetical part : I was thinking of Chilli Red/black roof and bonnet stripes for the exterior and chrome line,
piano black for the interior, what do you think? I havent yet decided about the colour line , although I am between cream white and red... I am not so sure that the cream colourline will be consistent with the chilli red exterior and whether the red rooster colour line will look too cheap...
Lastly , is the Cooper's base audio system the same as in the BMW 320? Owning the latter, I d go as far as to say that the base BMW sound system is rather appaling, so I suppose that if this the case in the new Mini as well, upgrading it will be inevitable...

Feedback on any of my questions will be greatly appreciated!Cheers!