R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
checkercoop
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My time machine

Name:  Photo_041609_006.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  Photo_041609_005.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  104.6 KB

Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
MInI___Gz
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^Hahhaha I have 1 too and its for sale ;]
Sick new Mods Checkercoop!

What lights are those ?? and what have you done to your HL's?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:55 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
A little fun with digital processing.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 PM
ncbeje88
Neutral
Have been a mini lover since the day i saw one, and i can't wait to own my first, hopefully this summer, this site is an inspiration to how great the car is and has gotten me more excited about having MY OWN mini

Old 04-18-2009, 12:31 AM
checkercoop
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MInI___Gz
^^^^Hahhaha I have 1 too and its for sale ;]
Sick new Mods Checkercoop!

What lights are those ?? and what have you done to your HL's?
Thanks

The lights I put in about 9 months ago. They are the flexible LED strips from oznium.com super cheap and seriously amazing customer service. One of the strips had a small bit that was not fully sealed in the rubber (enough that it would not be good to be exposed to water) so they sent me an entire new one and told me to keep the other. I was able to use that one inside under my boot parcel shelf

The HL's were kinda an unexpected addition. AutoXcooper had a MINI Eyes design contest and I was one of the 3 winners so I got a free set of my eyes design...they are fun so I just put them on makes me laugh when I walk up to it in the parking lot cuz it really has a face now (the LEDs work as eyebrows...grille mouth and the grille badge almost looks like a piercing)

Old 04-18-2009, 12:58 AM
MInI___Gz
5th Gear
Cool i am going to get a set for just behind my grill ... where did you put the strips ? Did you wire a switch? Some pics would be great .....a close-up of the HL's tooo.
Thanks!

Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 AM
checkercoop
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MInI___Gz
Cool i am going to get a set for just behind my grill ... where did you put the strips ? Did you wire a switch? Some pics would be great .....a close-up of the HL's tooo.
Thanks!
I put 3 19 inch strips for the grille. 2 are on the middle structural pillar. Had to get large zip ties and try and guide them around there (can be tough because there is a styrofoam piece between the metal and plastic bumper to soften the blow if you hit a pedestrian). 1 faces down to shine on the lower portion of the radiator and the other up. I also drilled smaller holes in my grille and ran black zip ties to hold it in place and have it facing parallel to that top portion so it shines on the back radiator that cannot be touched by the 2 on the middle pillar. I will try and get some pics of the grille, but won't be able to get the middle pillar one. You will want to be careful with that one because it's a tight fit and you don't want to bend up a bunch of fins on the radiator.

The 2 on the HLs I just used clear silicon sealant.

Wires I ordered through oznium, and to make life easier, I bought a bunch of quick taps from walmart and have everything connecting that way. I did buy 3 quick disconnects from an RC store (the ones for RC batteries) so if the HLs or grille need to come out for service, it would be easy. Also wrapped all connections with really nice vinyl electrical tape I found at walmart. Normally electrical tape sucks and leaves all that residue, but this vinyl stuff is almost cloth-like and feels very sealed, yet comes off with no residue (had to redo one section because of too big of quick taps...they didn't puncture some wires). Also got these double stick plastic wire hook things. Makes tucking wires around the bay easier.

The wiring set up was definitely fun. I got a 3 way switch from oznium. Grounded to cig lighter and tapped one power to it (constant on when car on), tapped the other power from the footwell light (so they dim in and out with key fob lock/unlock). Ran wires through the firewall (gromet behind batter, which is under the plastic cover...have to remove the whole plastic cover...not just lid) to the lights. For the most part they are hidden, but the HL ones cant be hidden that easily. If I could do it differently I would get a soldering iron and install resisters and diodes do I don't have to switch from footwell and then full on once I turn the car on. Could have just on and off and then they would still fade, but I wouldn't have to switch them over to full on once the interior lighting faded out.

This is before I had the eyes
Name:  SL732101Darkened.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  34.3 KB

These are about as close up as I have...did u want under the hood ones?
The lights are actually white. They come up more blue on camera, but that's due to there xenon whitish/blue hue
Definitely do look bluer with halogens and fogs on, but oh well

Name:  SL732382.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  SL732380.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  89.5 KB

Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dwf137
Thanks, glad you like it.

that's pretty much the reason I went gold. Black is so over done right now. It looks good, but I want to remain a little more unique.

I don't think the gold wheel look is only a jdm look though. lots of vw's rock gold wheels. there's a few older porsches that rock gold wheels stock, etc. The look is very subaru though, since they're the most popular.
I just see lots of jdm rides with the gold rims these days. I've never been much of a vw guy myself to really see much other makes with the wheel color. I think its awesome though, and i may be picking myself up some gold ones for my lb/b!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:21 AM
dwf137
5th Gear
^you should do it.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:48 AM
asaulo1
5th Gear
This is after a very... I mean.... very spirited drive from Bouquet Canyon to Lake Hughes road..... I can still smell the brakes
I can't wait to get my wheels and intake put in....
Name:  mini_lake_hughes_road.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  60.0 KB

Old 04-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks great. I used to live in Leona Valley back in the early 90's and just wish I had a MINI back then to drive on my daily commute on Bouquet Canyon to downtown LA.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
^you should do it.

Sweet new rims, man! I haven't seen 'em yet. Looking good.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Here are some of the latest of mine... I added an Alta 4" stubby and an Outmotoring beltline blackout.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:31 AM
dreas
Neutral
Our New 09 S

Picked it up last Nov.

Premium, Cold Weather, Comfort Bluetooth packages. Love it. It is so much "tighter" than the 05 convertible we sold to buy it.

Attached Thumbnails Please post pictures of your R56 here...-mini_01.jpg   Please post pictures of your R56 here...-mini_02.jpg   Please post pictures of your R56 here...-mini_03.jpg  
Old 04-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Skunk
Neutral
Here's mine...

2009 Cooper - All washed and ready for a drive!

Old 04-19-2009, 03:21 PM
n1tr0
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skunk

I wish the MCS came with that hood (no fake scoop), looks really sharp.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
artfulmini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by n1tr0

I wish the MCS came with that hood (no fake scoop), looks really sharp.
+1 (I want an MCS without the scoop!)

Old 04-19-2009, 06:55 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
-1 - I wish my MC had the scoop!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Tsar
4th Gear
I'm fine with the scoop. Some of the holes are drilled out so how is it non functional?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 PM
MInI___Gz
5th Gear
Yah ill be doing this once i get tired of the Hella look ............. and your HL's look great on your MINI but i think they wont be as great on any other style/color MINI.....

Thanks for the help/ info
Originally Posted by checkercoop
I put 3 19 inch strips for the grille. 2 are on the middle structural pillar. Had to get large zip ties and try and guide them around there (can be tough because there is a styrofoam piece between the metal and plastic bumper to soften the blow if you hit a pedestrian). 1 faces down to shine on the lower portion of the radiator and the other up. I also drilled smaller holes in my grille and ran black zip ties to hold it in place and have it facing parallel to that top portion so it shines on the back radiator that cannot be touched by the 2 on the middle pillar. I will try and get some pics of the grille, but won't be able to get the middle pillar one. You will want to be careful with that one because it's a tight fit and you don't want to bend up a bunch of fins on the radiator.

The 2 on the HLs I just used clear silicon sealant.

Wires I ordered through oznium, and to make life easier, I bought a bunch of quick taps from walmart and have everything connecting that way. I did buy 3 quick disconnects from an RC store (the ones for RC batteries) so if the HLs or grille need to come out for service, it would be easy. Also wrapped all connections with really nice vinyl electrical tape I found at walmart. Normally electrical tape sucks and leaves all that residue, but this vinyl stuff is almost cloth-like and feels very sealed, yet comes off with no residue (had to redo one section because of too big of quick taps...they didn't puncture some wires). Also got these double stick plastic wire hook things. Makes tucking wires around the bay easier.

The wiring set up was definitely fun. I got a 3 way switch from oznium. Grounded to cig lighter and tapped one power to it (constant on when car on), tapped the other power from the footwell light (so they dim in and out with key fob lock/unlock). Ran wires through the firewall (gromet behind batter, which is under the plastic cover...have to remove the whole plastic cover...not just lid) to the lights. For the most part they are hidden, but the HL ones cant be hidden that easily. If I could do it differently I would get a soldering iron and install resisters and diodes do I don't have to switch from footwell and then full on once I turn the car on. Could have just on and off and then they would still fade, but I wouldn't have to switch them over to full on once the interior lighting faded out.

This is before I had the eyes

These are about as close up as I have...did u want under the hood ones?
The lights are actually white. They come up more blue on camera, but that's due to there xenon whitish/blue hue
Definitely do look bluer with halogens and fogs on, but oh well

Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MoxieMini
Here are some of the latest of mine... I added an Alta 4" stubby and an Outmotoring beltline blackout.
Looks great! I like the blacked out look combined with the bright wheels! nice job!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
euells
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Skunk
Looks awesome - love the stripes and the name!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
ricbow
5th Gear
meet winston

Old 04-20-2009, 06:47 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
^you should do it.

make sure you update when you get that drop done!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 AM
SMullin
2nd Gear

Quick Reply: R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...