R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:56 AM
hardingsan
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toolazyforalogin
Wow those stripes looks great! Upload those other pics!
thanks! now that i look back, the pics from this weekend weren't that great, but i had some other ones hiding in the flickr account all along...

Old 05-21-2009, 04:55 AM
MiniBAH
3rd Gear
Just took some new pictures:

Name:  DSC_0883.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  93.8 KB

Old 05-21-2009, 09:40 AM
James B
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MInI___Gz
Hey james, great looking MINI u have there . Where did you get a S GasCap for your JAC?
hi, i got it form a bmw dealer on ebay

Old 05-21-2009, 02:47 PM
MInI___Gz
5th Gear
How much was it ?
LINK?
Originally Posted by James B
hi, i got it form a bmw dealer on ebay

Old 05-21-2009, 03:53 PM
toolazyforalogin
6th Gear
+1 on the gas cap but I'd like to see an up close hi-res pic first! hook it up (please)!

Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Pocket_Rocket
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hardingsan
i think that colormatching the headlight rings really adds to the look

and speaking of not calling people out, how about you take some of your own medication, eh? i wasn't the one that brought the fake bbs's up, but i understand where that person is coming from. i wasn't aware that i was only allowed to have an opinion if it wasn't negative. and by the way, if you'd bother to read either of our entire posts, we both gave compliments before mentioning the fake logos.
I did bother to read the post and all I asked is if the person felt better.. I see you are a little bitter.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:42 AM
hardingsan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Pocket_Rocket
I see you are a little bitter.

yep, you got me pegged for sure.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM
GrFa
4th Gear
Finally pictures of my 2 week/600 miles old MB/W 09 Cooper. It is loaded with all the options including: Metallic paint

Name:  downsized_0522091915.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  downsized_0522091916.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  52.0 KB

With the other Brit

Name:  downsized_0522091912b.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  downsized_0522091912.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  63.0 KB

Last edited by GrFa; 05-22-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Dropdeadjay
1st Gear
you know who i've noticed to be the biggest haters and enemies of Mini owners are? OTHER MINI OWNERS!!!

it's not good enough that we all just check out everyone else's creativity and ideas, we have to hate on how they do it and what they do it with. I once read a review of the mini cooper saying that, "the owners are usually college attending mac owning coffee shop scenesters with tight pants and janitor keys on their beltloops." but some are ending up to be snobby jerks no matter what you're appearance is. (i'm not even calling anyone out so don't say i called you a snobby jerk) not everyone has thousands of dollars for new wheels and some of us have to make our wheel pinstripes with vinyl and our red brake upgrade is just caliper paint. i spent all my money getting the damn car and now im on a budget to make it nicer. just chill out and respect the people out there.

and don't hate on my vinyl rim pinstripes, caliper paint and smoked out reflectors, i'm not paying thousands of dollars more for the same appearance. here's some pics i took today after i washed it. the mini is my daily driver and the civic is my Track-Only red headed step child. oh and the rabbit is my little brother's car i've done all the work on

Name:  DSC00911.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  75.9 KB
Name:  DSC00914.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  74.2 KB
Name:  DSC00919.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  DSC00915.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  65.7 KB
Name:  DSC00918.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  89.1 KB
Name:  DSC00922.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  88.7 KB
Name:  DSC00926.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  93.7 KB

Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dropdeadjay
and don't hate on my vinyl rim pinstripes, caliper paint and smoked out reflectors,
uh, you can't post pictures on a forum and not expect people to comment especially when they are hiding behind their keyboards. it bothers me that people think no one is going to "not like" their baby. if one thinks their car is beautiful then that's all that matters. no one likes everything.

btw, i think your MINI is great looking. so there.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Dropdeadjay
1st Gear
Originally Posted by STLMINI
uh, you can't post pictures on a forum and not expect people to comment especially when they are hiding behind their keyboards. it bothers me that people think no one is going to "not like" their baby. if one thinks their car is beautiful then that's all that matters. no one likes everything.

btw, i think your MINI is great looking. so there.
you are totally right, but thanks man i really appreciate it.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you know who i've noticed to be the biggest haters and enemies of Mini owners are? OTHER MINI OWNERS!!!
First off, nice eg6, love it.

honestly, criticism is always going to happen online. I have always avoided websites that ban people for posting up negative things. If I do something that 90% of other owners think is retarded, I want to know. All that does is make me second guess myself. Like with my wheel choice. Not many appreciate the blue/gold combo. I've decided I like it, despite the fact that a lot of other mini owners don't. It kept me from getting an outrageous kit for my old cb7.

Constructive criticism, that's all it is.

The pinstripe on the wheels looks great. There's not much of a need for a big brake kit on these cars, from what I'm hearing. Upgraded pads and a brake duct is plenty to keep our breaks cool during track events. now i just gotta find a way to get a brake duct kit on a non-jcw front bumper......

as my constructive criticism, I don't like the front plate. You're blocking airflow to your lower grill where you're intercooler is. If you want the front plate, I say go for the euro front plate holder.

i think you've got your daily driver and track car backwards though....

Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Dropdeadjay
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dwf137
First off, nice eg6, love it. Like with my wheel choice. Not many appreciate the blue/gold combo.

as my constructive criticism, I don't like the front plate. You're blocking airflow to your lower grill where you're intercooler is. If you want the front plate, I say go for the euro front plate holder.

i think you've got your daily driver and track car backwards though....

the eg6 ive been building since i was 15 now being 21 it's power is too much for the street. i've broken 2 sets of axles driving it to the local parking lot weekend hangout spots. those pics caught it with street tires since i have to move it alot. usually it has slicks on it and runs low 12's high 11's with a dry shot of nitrous and all motor, its naturally aspirated. as for your blue and gold theme that was my original direction i wanted to go in. you can see i'm a big fan of the JDM styling hahaha.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:53 PM
MiniEnvy
3rd Gear
Don't think I have posted any pics recently........

Name:  IMG_2495.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  103.3 KB
Name:  IMG_2496.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  121.1 KB
Name:  IMG_2494.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  99.0 KB

We went looking for some salad dressing but this is all we found!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Sketch
5th Gear
Name:  DSC00915.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  65.7 KB

Wicked mini! The Thule rack really adds a lot. Awesome Vdub too.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 PM
D Unit
4th Gear
The roof rack is peeeemp! Tell us more about your rally light set up. Do you mind if I copy that?

Name:  DSC00919.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  81.2 KB

Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Dropdeadjay
1st Gear
[QUOTE=D Unit;2775071]The roof rack is peeeemp! Tell us more about your rally light set up. Do you mind if I copy that?

i dont mind if you copy me at all i would be happy if you did to be honest. that's why i come to this forum. to see everyone else's creativity and original ideas. i have seen some off the wall things but i love every single pic everyone has posted. it shows just how creative and diversified all of us are. most honda's look alike now adays (when i was young it was big rims, body kits, and neon lights, now everyone wants to be JDM), most chevy's and mustang's look alike. but the mini and german vehicle owner's are different. we set ourselves apart with trends and scheme's that surprise me one after another. whether it be the VW guys (like my little brother) that take new cars and rust out the hoods or put huge old school white walls and half moon wheels on their cars and make them look like rat-rod muscle cars. . a few years ago the honda guys were making fun of me cuz i preferred 16's, mudflaps, and a roof rack over the rice burner look, now it's the new style in NC. it feels good to know you are a trend setter in the local scene. the roof rack is a custom setup i put together and soon i'll add the MOAB cage to it with some additional foglights. but feel free to copy or replicate anything i do. it's all about helping one another and setting our mini's apart from the trndy **** we all have gotten used to.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 AM
jdhesq
1st Gear
I'm not hating...just a little envious of your talent and creativity.

it's not good enough that we all just check out everyone else's creativity and ideas, we have to hate on how they do it and what they do it with. I once read a review of the mini cooper saying that, "the owners are usually college attending mac owning coffee shop scenesters with tight pants and janitor keys on their beltloops." but some are ending up to be snobby jerks no matter what you're appearance is. (i'm not even calling anyone out so don't say i called you a snobby jerk) not everyone has thousands of dollars for new wheels and some of us have to make our wheel pinstripes with vinyl and our red brake upgrade is just caliper paint. i spent all my money getting the damn car and now im on a budget to make it nicer. just chill out and respect the people out there.

and don't hate on my vinyl rim pinstripes, caliper paint and smoked out reflectors, i'm not paying thousands of dollars more for the same appearance. here's some pics i took today after i washed it. the mini is my daily driver and the civic is my Track-Only red headed step child. oh and the rabbit is my little brother's car i've done all the work on

Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Interludio44
2nd Gear
Haha! The funny thing is, I'm actually a "college attending mac owning coffee shop scenester with tight pants".

Old 05-23-2009, 09:39 AM
D Unit
4th Gear
[quote=Dropdeadjay;2775151]
Originally Posted by D Unit
The roof rack is peeeemp! Tell us more about your rally light set up. Do you mind if I copy that?

i dont mind if you copy me at all i would be happy if you did to be honest. that's why i come to this forum. to see everyone else's creativity and original ideas. i have seen some off the wall things but i love every single pic everyone has posted. it shows just how creative and diversified all of us are. most honda's look alike now adays (when i was young it was big rims, body kits, and neon lights, now everyone wants to be JDM), most chevy's and mustang's look alike. but the mini and german vehicle owner's are different. we set ourselves apart with trends and scheme's that surprise me one after another. whether it be the VW guys (like my little brother) that take new cars and rust out the hoods or put huge old school white walls and half moon wheels on their cars and make them look like rat-rod muscle cars. . a few years ago the honda guys were making fun of me cuz i preferred 16's, mudflaps, and a roof rack over the rice burner look, now it's the new style in NC. it feels good to know you are a trend setter in the local scene. the roof rack is a custom setup i put together and soon i'll add the MOAB cage to it with some additional foglights. but feel free to copy or replicate anything i do. it's all about helping one another and setting our mini's apart from the trndy **** we all have gotten used to.
Thanks man! First, can you let me know which lights you got and where you bought them? Also, which mounting bracket kit did you buy? I want that exact set up... Sweet.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:37 AM
carsncars
4th Gear

"Guilty as charged?"

Old 05-23-2009, 12:29 PM
sergeibelski
1st Gear
Originally Posted by carsncars

"Guilty as charged?"
Nice photo!

Old 05-23-2009, 07:42 PM
risenONE
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniBAH
Just took some new pictures:

Sick! That is the nicest yellow Mini I've seen.

I love your stripes - where did you get them from?

Old 05-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Dropdeadjay
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Interludio44
Haha! The funny thing is, I'm actually a "college attending mac owning coffee shop scenester with tight pants".
that's hilarious, i only brought that magazine quote up in the first place because i am also a "college attending mac owning coffee shop scenester with tight pants and a set of janitor style keys on my belt loop." hahaha!!!!! i can't lie man, im a skinny short guy and normal style guy jeans make me look ridiculous i usually have to get girl jeans size 3-5 hahaha.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Dropdeadjay
1st Gear
[QUOTE=D Unit;2775380]

Thanks man! First, can you let me know which lights you got and where you bought them? Also, which mounting bracket kit did you buy? I want that exact set up... Sweet.
i used to have hella lamps but they were too big and didnt look right. i went to Autozone and got some 30$ lights that were a little smaller and the mounted using the single bolt design.(just drill a hole and use washers and the supplied nut.) i just fed the bolt through my grill honey comb holes and put a washer on the back with the nut and spliced them into my factory foglights with a relay. so when you use the factory switch all four foglights come on and are fully lit up. without a relay all four hardly lit up. i had to do some bending on the brackets that came with the lights just to get them to aim straight and not curve like the grill. it was a way better idea than paying $550 for the Mini brand lights. if you need some pics and the relay wiring i can post those up for you too.

Quick Reply: R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...