R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 AM
On Purnt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pocket_Rocket
Oh wow.. Thats very very nice looking.. Congrats. Love the wheels in black on this.
Thanks, this is the first car I've ever had with "rims" and I do love them so.

Not to mention I don't think I would have gotten the mellow yellow without the black rims. Would have just been TOO bright. The black balances it out real nice.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Pocket_Rocket
4th Gear
Originally Posted by On Purnt
Thanks, this is the first car I've ever had with "rims" and I do love them so.

Not to mention I don't think I would have gotten the mellow yellow without the black rims. Would have just been TOO bright. The black balances it out real nice.
I agree.. The really set the car off nice. Also glad to see another bright color pop up.. It will definately get you lots of positive attention. Best of luck with it.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 AM
dwf137
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mach V Dan
dwf, we sell hundreds of Rota wheels, so if there's a problem with the quality, I'd certainly hear about it. To the contrary, we get nothing but positive feedback about the wheels. The quality is very good, and the price is affordable for most people. And yes, you'll see TONS of Rotas at your average track day event.

Sure, most of the Rota designs are similar to other wheels. While this may not be something you like, it is legal. Functional items are not covered by copyright. Unless the product is patented, any company is free to make similar products to any other company. You can see this at your local Target store, where last spring's designer styles are available on the discount rack from knock-off labels. Sure, in one sense this makes it hard for the innovator to capitalize on their R&D. On the other hand, it means the only way for a company to get a lasting advantage is to continue to innovate to stay one step ahead -- the competition stimulates continuous creativity. Plus, if there's a real technical innovation, that can be patented.

Sorry, my post has strayed kind of far from "Post pictures of your R56..." If we want to discuss wheels more we should probably take up a new thread.

--Dan
Mach V
i agree that rota's quality has improved recently, however their older wheels have a lot of problems, as can be seen by quite a few instances of wheels that have broken during track/autox use.

and yes, i agree you can go and replicate anything. It's a matter of personal choice. It's a similar reason to why I buy things locally instead of online. If I were to purchase online, I'm injecting my money into the economy of tons of random cities across the country. What I prefer to be doing is injecting money into the area that I live in. Why? Because that's all that keeps us going. Could I save 5-10% by buying online? yes. But I'd be taking business away from my neighbor, who might in a few years be forced to sell his house because no one is buying local anymore.

Support a company that repeatedly designs and produces awesome looking and quality wheels, or support one that has no originality and is forced to copy someone else. obviously my mind is made up, and so is yours.

i've said my piece, enough on this tangent...

Last edited by dwf137; 06-05-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 AM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Seattle sucks lol. JK

Old 06-05-2009, 12:57 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
Originally Posted by J_'09s
Seattle sucks lol. JK

it's a nice place, but i cant' wait to get back home. (just moved here from philly)

Old 06-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Dropdeadjay
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dwf137
nice to see you're rocking poorly made wheels on your "track only" car. just hope you don't end up like this...

and yes, i am making a big deal out of it. in my opinion, a company making replicas of wheels that are currently in production is completely wrong. After production, sure, go right ahead. But it's definitely a complete infringement on intellectual property. There's minor differences i'm sure but there's many other options out there that look very similar that aren't replicas.

do they look good, yes. but personally, the fact that they're replicas completely takes away from it. Its like barry bonds and how he will always be remembered for achieving what he did with steroids...
i like the way the mugen wheels look but am i gonna pay 2000+ for the same rims that i got for 1500 with tires? hell no. any rim can **** up when you put it under enough stress. that rota pic you posted probably happened after some idiot wrecked their car through a guard rail or around a lamp post not just going to the grocery store or hugging some curves for a few minutes. either way those rims come off when im at the track, and get replaced with full slicks up front and skinnies in the back. one slick is worth more than 2 of your mini payments so that makes up for my lack of street-cred cuz of a centercap brand

Old 06-05-2009, 06:43 PM
dwf137
5th Gear

i don't care how much you spent on your slicks, I could probably buy a full set of 4 slicks every paycheck if I decided that cars were worth everything in the world.

i also don't give anyone with bbs or mugen wheels "street cred". I could care less how much someone spent on their wheels. I have "cheaper wheels" myself, but they're not replicas. I have something against replicas, and I know for sure that i'm not the only one.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:13 PM
hardingsan
4th Gear
hey, where'd all the r56 pics go...?

all i see is "blahblahblahrepsthisrepsthatblahblahblah"

Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
ChEEzE[iT]
1st Gear
but at least the replicas are called something different, better than getting lets say volks TE37 and having another company making the wheels and calling them volks. better to have it say TE37 replica's or TE37 look a likes..

Old 06-05-2009, 09:24 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Just picked her up today!!! More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38925728@N06/
We're now a 2 MINI family!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Just picked her up today!!! More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38925728@N06/
Very nice! We are a 2 Mini family too

Old 06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
Very nice! We are a 2 Mini family too
Thanks!!! I still can't believe I have 2 MINIs in the garage!!! Here they are together:

Attached Thumbnails Please post pictures of your R56 here...-del_day30.jpg   Please post pictures of your R56 here...-del_day32.jpg  
Old 06-06-2009, 05:41 AM
SmokeM
5th Gear
You lucky dog. I was in Seattle several years ago on a birthday trip. What I distinctly remember was how fresh and clean the air was at Mt Ranier (and most places in Seattle). It was so refreshing. I was sad leaving Seattle :(. Take several big gulps of air for me next time you're there. I live in the PA / NJ area :(

Originally Posted by MakoBimmer
I took a drive up to Rainier National Park today...checking on Chinook Pass for depth of snow. It looks like I wont be hiking up there for at least a few more months. The snow was at least 10 feet tall and more on my favorite hiking trails....

--

--

Old 06-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Fireproof
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by On Purnt
Just picked it up two days ago.

Wow - LOVE it. Love those wheels. I like how the chrome/silver ring ties into the little bit of chrome around the car.

If you don't mind me asking - what kind and size of wheels are those???

Old 06-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Supercoopr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
VERRRRY nice! I've been thinking about doing my bumper trim painted as well. And you are a Steelers fan......+100!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by In The Pink
VERRRRY nice! I've been thinking about doing my bumper trim painted as well.
Thanks! That's the Factory Aero Kit. Not too many people order it so it's a bit unique.
And you are a Steelers fan......+100!
Still loyal 28 years after leaving the Pit area and moving to Calif. I hope to move back some day. Gotta love Steeler Country!!!

Old 06-06-2009, 10:21 AM
dwf137
5th Gear
VERRRRY nice! I've been thinking about doing my bumper trim painted as well. And you are a Steelers fan......+100!
i do love the painted trim, i'd probably have gone for the areo kit if they were painting the trim when i ordered my car.

and you live in exton and you're a steelers fan. BLASPHEMY!
(I grew up in exton, just moved here about a year ago. Now I'm "vacationing" back to the philly area, go figure)

Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I haven't posted here in a while, so....: (but I'm going to get new stripes.)

Old 06-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Pocket_Rocket
4th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
I haven't posted here in a while, so....: (but I'm going to get new stripes.)

Been to Highlands NC I see ! I have photos of my BMW Z3 under the Bridal Veils as well. Fantastic driving roads there!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Supercoopr
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dwf137
and you live in exton and you're a steelers fan. BLASPHEMY!
(I grew up in exton, just moved here about a year ago. Now I'm "vacationing" back to the philly area, go figure)
Haha.....I know! I drove out to Pittsburgh and back in the same day for the AFC Championship game this year-it was totally worth it.

What a small world! You grew up in Exton?! Whereabouts in CA did you relocate to?

Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM
dwf137
5th Gear
yea, my parents moved to exton when i was in 4th grade. We moved to one of the booming new neighborhoods with the large cookie-cutter style houses. Near Exton station and ship field.

I relocated to Seattle, WA. The intent is for this to be temporary. I came out here for a job. There was a pretty cool and unique opportunity that seems to be paying off with the way the economy is going. Hopefully in the next few years, I'll find something else back in the area (hopefully in south jersey so I can live at the shore)

In july though, I'm flying back to Ocean City. can't wait. I'd love to have my mini back in west chester though, I know so many fun roads to drive around on.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Those are awesome photos SmokeM, i especially like the one next to the 10 foot tall wall of snow!! Very nice

Old 06-07-2009, 07:55 PM
009Mini
3rd Gear
This is the only decent pic I have of mine so far... just got it at the end of April.
Name:  Outlook.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  43.2 KB

Old 06-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Supercoopr
3rd Gear
Nice! From The Dragon I presume?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
009Mini
3rd Gear
Nice! From The Dragon I presume?
Yep! I go up there on Wed or Thur evenings when I want to "take the long way home". Can't stand to go up there on weekends except for nice winter days. Too much of a circus in the summer time.

<my sig pic is The Dragon in the winter, also>

Quick Reply: R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...