R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 11 Production Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peppy
still a little bummed that it didnt make the cut today... congrats to everyone else who did make it! Cant wait to hear all about it!!
Peppy, Sorry to hear you didn't make it on the Wind. I'm probably the one who used up the last of the black roof paint to make you wait during production, too.

The good news is that you can start singing Feeeggarowwww now in anticipation of being booked on the Figaro. It's a smarter looking ship than the Wind. Luckily, you'll only have to wait a few more days. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AaronH
The other thing I noticed is that it appears the Maersk Wind has not been sending out location information.
I don't know if it will hold, but here's a site that I was able to get a fix on the Maersk Wind from tonight.

http://www.aisliverpool.org.uk/shows...mmsi=563248000

Old 03-15-2007, 11:05 PM
spykdpunch
3rd Gear
I worked late today, but was rewarded with the news that my Higgins has set sail on the Maersk Wind! Only a few more weeks until we finally meet!

These next few weeks are going to be hell.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:51 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
if anyon4 gets a booking number on the liberty, i'd love to know it. thanks!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:16 AM
peppy
2nd Gear
I went to see which ship Peppy would be on and next to my VIN there is an star next to it. This apparently means that the "cargo is in waitlist status." Does anybody know what this means?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
msh441 posted this in the Elektra thread
[Well, I sent a request to Walleneous Wilhelmson and an e-mail (a text message) to the ship.

Basically asking if they could begin providing the voluntary weather updates (how sailwx.info tracks ship positions), or provide information on any other ways to track the progress of the ELEKTRA.

Might work. Might not. At least I gave it a shot.]

I haven't tried it and he doesn't know if this worked, but the ship did start transmitting it's position through the weather updates.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Golsco
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mcarlo52

I haven't tried it and he doesn't know if this worked, but the ship did start transmitting it's position through the weather updates.
Did you find the address to send? It sucks that the tracking process stops until the ship docks. Although we all know it's not getting here before the 23rd or the 3rd for west coast.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
I did a google search on the ship and found the line that owns that ship (and many others). I then sent a note asking to enable the weather updates if possible on the Maersk Wind. I sent the note to the address that I thought might be related to cargo and shipping. I didn't take it any further than that.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:18 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
So, really... no one is on the Liberty? Am I the only one sitting on the dock from the Week 10 crew, still waiting to head to the southeast US of A?

I just want to see if my VIN shows up via the booking number. Anyone?

Edit: Nevermind. Just added the next digit up to the Patriot's: GBSOU507203

It worked. I'm not on it. This sucks.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:56 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Anyone know which berths Mini/BMW use to load at?

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/files/pos.pdf

Just trying to figure out if the "Golden Sun" Shipper: K-Line is even transporting Minis on its next trip or not. It seems a bit further down the docks but I dunno. It IS right near the railway line.

Watching everyone else ship out while mine SITS there really is starting to sour this whole experience... and to be honest, all the happy-crappy "it'll all be worth it once it gets here" that someone always seems to feel the need to sing merrily (with the mocking "thumbs up" emoticon) when someone brings up the wait (while offering a another glass of the kool-aid) isn't really what I'm in the mood for.

Sorry... wasn't a good day to start with. And every time I email my dealer, which is only every 2-3 days, unlike some, all I get is "Produced but not shipped!" No apology for the wait (even though I'm sure he can't do much about it, and I get that), no explanation, no empathy, and I feel like it's supposed to reassure me that it hasn't gone BACK from the last time we spoke, into production, and somehow that's progress...

Anyway... sorry. I'm pissed.

I'm off to make more Kool Aid.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM
AaronH
2nd Gear
Wow! I can't believe you emailed the ship! Talk about above and beyond the call of duty. You're my hero.

Mind you, I still get no data on the SailWX site, but I can still hope. That will help pass the days and weeks - maybe.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jmelrose
Anyone know which berths Mini/BMW use to load at?
If you look at the pdf file that you provided, yesterday the Maersk Wind was at what is labeled the Eastern Docks, at the far right of the map. They were in Berth 34, if I remember correctly, along the right side. Earlier, I spotted other WW ships carrying Minis on the left side of that same spit.

Just relax, you may find it's already on a K-Line ship and all of your stress is for nothing. I can't imagine that your dealer would have any information. I needed to email my dealer about something else and it turned out I had more current information yesterday than he did.

He volunteered that my car was waiting for a ship, but he didn't know the assignment. I wrote him back to say from the WW site I was already able to figure out that it was going on the Maersk Wind.

Just be patient, It will get here.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by peppy
I went to see which ship Peppy would be on and next to my VIN there is an star next to it. This apparently means that the "cargo is in waitlist status." Does anybody know what this means?
My understanding is that being on the waitlist is kind of like flying standby: They will work you on board if there's room, but you could get bumped to the next ship.

Yesterday, on the Maersk Wind, there were probably 10 cars that were showing as waitlisted. However, there were nearly 60 cars that were listed on the manifest but which weren't aboard when the ship sailed. So it may ddepend on how many cars were aboard before it reached Southampton and how many it can hold. Probably a crapshoot, at best.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:23 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Sowellman
If you look at the pdf file that you provided, yesterday the Maersk Wind was at what is labeled the Eastern Docks, at the far right of the map. They were in Berth 34, if I remember correctly, along the right side. Earlier, I spotted other WW ships carrying Minis on the left side of that same spit.
Yea, but if you look at the ALS page:

http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...%20Southampton

The "Golden Fan" which is the only K-Line boat coming this week to Southampton, is further "up" the spit, but maybe they load from there. I dunno. Hence why i asked.

Just relax, you may find it's already on a K-Line ship and all of your stress is for nothing. I can't imagine that your dealer would have any information. I needed to email my dealer about something else and it turned out I had more current information yesterday than he did.
Hasn't been a K-Line since my car arrived at the dock middle of last week.

He volunteered that my car was waiting for a ship, but he didn't know the assignment. I wrote him back to say from the WW site I was already able to figure out that it was going on the Maersk Wind.
I wrote 2 seperate "essays" in this spot about my experience with my MA/dealership, and deleted them (cuz I know I'm partially writing in frustration). Let me just say that in 6 months since I started this process, he has never once called me for any aspect of this process. I've called several times, and aside from once getting an email asking about my call, never had a call returned. I love reading about people whose MAs call up to "check in" or whatever, and I think how nice that must be... to feel like something beyond "just another sale" to that person.

This delay in my Mini shipping could just be routine... bad luck, bad timing, whatever. And that might be tolerable, if I were getting something in the way of feedback from him besides: "Produced not shipped!" (entire email, start/finish), "It is at the port still!" (same), "Built but not shipped!" (same). A call saying, "Hey, hang in there. I know it's a rought wait... Soon!" Just a personal touch. I don't believe I ask for too much for the amount I'm spending on it. Someone said on here once, after seeing my spec list, that my MA owes me dinner for as much as I'm spending. I'd settle for much less.

Just be patient, It will get here.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
The "Golden Fan" ... is farther "up" the spit, but maybe they load from there. I dunno.
That's still within the area where I have seen other ships loading with Minis. They must have a fairly large expanse they use.

Let me just say that in 6 months since I started this process, he has never once called me for any aspect of this process.
I can understand your frustration, especially since it appears that everyone else with cars that were completed after yours seem to be loading up and leaving Southampton in front of you.

Since I live 190 miles away from Portland, all of my interactions with my MA have been over the phone or through email. I haven't seen him in person at all. As a result, I don't have large expectations of him. I figured out my spec, had him answer several questions but that's about it. Therefore, I guess he has met what I wanted out of him.

It helps that he's quite friendly and never seemed rushed when I did talk with him. Nor did he try to strong arm me into getting more car than I wanted.

I do hope your wait will be over soon and that you enjoy your new car. All your frustration will be a distant memory, hopefully, after about the first five miles in your car.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:47 PM
spykdpunch
3rd Gear
jmelrose: I can totally empathize with your frustration with your MA. I, too, feel like "just another sale". She figures the car is sold and therefore doesn't need to put forth any effort.

Both of our cars were Week 10 builds, and we're both members of that very small group of MCSa buyers. It's been an "ordeal", and it's such a pity that you're so close to getting your Mini yet it's going awry so quickly.

My solution for my MA's lack of concern was to leave a voicemail for the sales manager. A couple days after my conversation with him I got a call from my MA just to "check in". They MUST know something that you don't. I'd get to the bottom of it asap. Any information at all (whether good or bad) is far better than being kept in the dark.

Good luck.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Grn w/ Envy
1st Gear
Sowellman - I too ordered my MCSa from Portland. I actually live north of Seattle, but the waiting list was considerably shorter than up here, so I opted for the Portland dealership. My MINI is actually shipmates with yours! Who is your MA? Let me know if you hear eta to the dealership and I'll do the same. Looks like the Maersk Wind is off the radar again?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Grn w/ Envy
Sowellman - I too ordered my MCSa from Portland. I actually live north of Seattle, but the waiting list was considerably shorter than up here, so I opted for the Portland dealership. My MINI is actually shipmates with yours! Who is your MA? Let me know if you hear eta to the dealership and I'll do the same. Looks like the Maersk Wind is off the radar again?
Welcome to NAM. Larry Larson is my MA. He's a good guy. I see Jarid Perry post once in a while on Mini2. The Rasmussen dealership has a good reputation and I've read some posts on Mini2 from some Seattle area residents who went to Portland for their cars and service because they liked the Rasmussen folks better.

Yes, it seems that we'll have to live without any tracking information from the Maersk Wind. Oh well, maybe that's for the best. I'm glad to know there's at least one other car headed for Portland from the same shipment.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Golsco
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by spykdpunch
I can totally empathize with your frustration with your MA. I, too, feel like "just another sale". She figures the car is sold and therefore doesn't need to put forth any effort.

I ordered my car on Feb 4th, haven't heard a peep from the dealership or MA. You would think they would tell me my car could be available by the end of this month to get my finances squared away.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
My MA does not call me either.

BUT! No matter, my MCS is on the Maersk Teal and due in NY on Friday.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Motoring
5th Gear
Loaded on the Figaro Sets sail in 2 hours, next stop Panama.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:55 PM
peppy
2nd Gear
on figaro as well!

Old 03-19-2007, 04:14 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
They say i was loaded on FIGARO as of 19/03/2007 16:03.

Who's going to start a FIGARO list?

Last edited by kookmyers; 03-19-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: add content
Old 03-19-2007, 04:30 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
Darn! I was so close to being able to say the MINI was my wife's anniversary gift for April 10th! Conversely, it would be my gift too....

Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kookmyers
Darn! I was so close to being able to say the MINI was my wife's anniversary gift for April 10th! Conversely, it would be my gift too....
My wife and I are sharing our new MCS too (and Her BD is April 9th). We are going to keep both of our trucks and only run the MINI in fair weather.

Cheers

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Week 11 Production Group