R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 11 Production Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CAP'N CRUNCH
My wife and I are sharing our new MCS too (and Her BD is April 9th). We are going to keep both of our trucks and only run the MINI in fair weather.

Cheers
Hey! My birthday is April 9th too! Small world eh?

Old 03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warped1966
Hey! My birthday is April 9th too! Small world eh?
Yea! And you are the closest to us so far too (Allentown, PA area).

I think they will just miss her BD, but you never know.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 AM
cymrusteve
2nd Gear
My MA does not call me either.

BUT! No matter, my MCS is on the Maersk Teal and due in NY on Friday.
CAP'N CRUNCH: have you been able to track the progress of the MAERSK TEAL? It doesn't seem to be sending out any position updates...

Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 AM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cymrusteve
CAP'N CRUNCH: have you been able to track the progress of the MAERSK TEAL? It doesn't seem to be sending out any position updates...
No, I haven't. I am just going by the planned schedule.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
bjacobso
1st Gear
Good news on K-Line

An inside connection told me that there are 300 Minis on the Golden Sun heading for South Carolina! According to the schedule, it left Southampton on March 16th and will arrive on March 29th. Unfotunately, there is no way to check the VINs on their website.

The good news is that your Mini may be on the way rather than waiting at the dock.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:58 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Anyone know how to track a ship by it's callsign? It's not showing up in "the usual way" I guess.

The Golden Fan is being discussed over on the week 10 thread as well. The ship left on the 18th, a couple days behind its posted schedule. (Available on the K-Line website: www.kline.com.) It may be back on schedule if it foregoes its stop in Baltimore, which is possible.

If anyone wants to email K-Line and ask if it's on schedule, or better yet how to find its location via the web, that would be great. I don't have time to do the legwork at the moment. Anyone have a lunch break coming up?

Here is the callsign, if anyone can find it on the big ol' blue, please let me know: 3EIK4

Thanks!
JMelrose

Old 03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
cymrusteve
2nd Gear
Go here: http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html

Enter the call sign in the relevant search box and click the search button. No position reports have been received for the Golden Fan though......same story for the MAERSK TEAL :-(

Old 03-21-2007, 07:19 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Just FYI for those headed recently to Charleston

From K-Line Customer Service (Very nice people!):

"Jeff,

Please be advised per your query of the BMW, I can advise you that the
VIN # as furnished by you confirms this loaded the GFAN 113A (GOLDEN
FAN), under B/L # HAM106643, with several other BMW vehicles under the
same B/L. Your unit will be headed to the Charleston Distribution Center
and tentative ETA Charleston is 29th of March.

Trust this information will assist in your tracking needs. If you do
need any further assistance, please feel free to call or email, it will
be my pleasure to assist.

Have a very good day."

On the K-Line site, you are able to track the ship.

Go to www.kline.com
Bring your cursor over Applications tab
Click on: "Global Cargo Tracking"
enter the B/L # in one of the 6 boxes (not the top "search number" field) and it will give you information as to the ship's whereabouts. Currently, however, there is no information. )

I have emailed K-Line asking they contact the ship and get a location update. It should be just over a week out from the Charleston VDC!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 AM
peppy
2nd Gear
has anyone been able to track Figaro? life is so sad when i cant track my car!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 AM
bjacobso
1st Gear
Figaro Status

According to AISLive, Figaro is expected at Manzanillo on March 30th. Golden Fan is expected in Baltimore on March 27th.

If anyone thinks that they may be on the Golden Fan, send me a message with the last 7 chararcters of your VIN and I can check. I only have info for this voyage scheduled to reach Charleston on March 29th.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:55 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
For Those About to take ownership of their Minis...

I salute you!
And pass on this GREAT checklist to take with you.

Written by msh441 and originally posted in this thread:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ight=checklist

I don't know if there was an official pick-up checklist printed anywhere, though.
This has bold throughout to help highlight the key points in the original thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me, personally... at the dealership/parked... I would look for:

-All options present? Go down your build sheet line-by-line.

-Dealer programmed accessories. Are the windoes, turn signals, radio, and other programmable features working the way you want? Check now, it's free. The dealer may charge a service fee later for re-programming.

-Uneven panel gaps? Run your finger along the different panel seams. hood, doors, boot and bonnet. If you feel (or see) the gap "pinch" together, ask them to fix it.

-Windows, trim and seals. No cracks or dings in the glass. All seals appear smooth and even? No budges or gaps that might suggest a future leak?

-All panels securely attached? Everything appear solid at the edges? Blank fenders, too? Grab 'em. Give 'em a wiggle. Rear spoiler, too?

-Bonnet, boot and doors. Do they all open and close in a uniform manner? Latchs secure? Levers and handles feel solid? No notcheyness, snags or starngeness? Everything appear to seal up tight? Listen for wind-noise during your test-drive, too.

-Is the bonnet making contact with the line running near the turbo? See here for pics: http://motoringfile.com/2007/02/22/p...nnet/#comments
If so, ask for it to be relocated, or a rubber "bumper" strip to be attached for some additional protection in that area.

-Even paint coverage and color? Make sure to look in a well lit area. Outside, if possible.

-Dents, dings, scratches or scrapes in the surface suffered during shipping (rare, but happens)?

-Fit and finish of interor. Look for stitching issues in the seats. Even/uniform carpeting coverage. Headliner, too. Scrapes or scratches on the side panels, dash or color line.

-Steering wheel & Column. Doest it tilt and telescope as designed? No strange noises going lock-to-lock?

-Windows go up & down? Smooth consistant motor speed?

-Full sunroof operation (if applicable)? Tips both panes and fully retracts.

-Check the fit and function of all the control **** and switches. Check 'em one-by-one. Stereo, too. Don't be afraid to play it LOUD at the dealer. Use the radio. Used the CD player. AUX-in port, too. Make sure it all works. As well as the fit of the speakers in the doors and dash. This includes your remote key, too.

-Interior lighting. Changing colors as designed. All other door sill, footwell and reading lights working (wherever they may be)?

-Air conditioning blowing cold and all climate controls working as intended? Check it if you've got it.

-All lighting equipment operational? Lights, blinkers, etc...

-All fluids present and topped off? Sounds silly, but... I never assume.

-Tires. Check tire pressure and double-check they are mounted in the proper direction. There are little arrows on the side that show which way they should be rotating. Improperly mounted and inflated tires can effect somthing as simple as gas milage... or cause somthing as bad as a firey crash (a mild exaggeration if you look at the big Firestone/Bridgestone fiasco a few years back). This is particularly important with runflat tires, since it is not likely that you will notice the feel of an underinflated tire.

Then go for a test drive:

-Rattles or squeeks? all cars have 'em... but any that concern you, bring up to the dealer.

-Transmission noise and function. Upshifts and downshifts well? Any noises out of the ordinary tranny whine?

-Engine noise and function. Does it sound smooth? No misses, pops, surges or stumbles?

-All gauges appear to be working as intended? No bouncing speedo or burnt out LEDs in the display screens (very rare, but it happens)?
__________________________________________________ _

Great list. Enjoy! I plan to print it and take it with me, when the time comes in a few weeks.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
cymrusteve
2nd Gear
No, I haven't. I am just going by the planned schedule.
Planned schedule now says arrival on the 22nd!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Golsco
2nd Gear
Planned schedule now says arrival on the 22nd!
Wow, they must of had great weather or a good head wind. One less day of torture.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jmelrose
For Those About to take ownership of their Minis...

I salute you!
And pass on this GREAT checklist to take with you.

Written by msh441 and originally posted in this thread:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ight=checklist

I don't know if there was an official pick-up checklist printed anywhere, though.
This has bold throughout to help highlight the key points in the original thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me, personally... at the dealership/parked... I would look for:

-Dealer programmed accessories. Are the windoes, turn signals, radio, and other programmable features working the way you want? Check now, it's free. The dealer may charge a service fee later for re-programming.

The rest removed for brevity
I was curious if anyone knows of a complete list of all the programmable accessories and options. I've seen some in the pdf of the manual, but are there others that only the dealer has access to and maybe others not mentioned but found. I'm sure this would help for those taking delivery (like myself) in the next few weeks who would like to use the list mentioned.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Paul
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mcarlo52
I was curious if anyone knows of a complete list of all the programmable accessories and options.
I think on the R56, all options are now owner programmable

Old 03-23-2007, 07:23 AM
cymrusteve
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Paul
I think on the R56, all options are now owner programmable
That's what my MA told me yesterday. Would be interested to know what can and can't be programmed though....

Good news - the MAERSK TEAL arrived in New York yesterday. I wonder how long it will take to get down to the dealership in Virginia? Middle part of next week I'm hoping for...

Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Golsco
2nd Gear
All have been discharged today from the MAERSK TEAL.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Are any of you on the Courage? I'm not even sure if I'm week 11 anymore or not... My MCS was just finished Wednesday and arrived at the port today and is waiting on the Courage. *sigh*

Old 03-24-2007, 06:17 AM
WinneMini
2nd Gear
Warped--there are a couple of us over in the Week 12 group hoping for the COURAGE as well. (I was at the port on Monday.) Come on over! COURAGE only got into port today, but departs today also--so we should have some "closure" today if we make that ship. Will your car some into NJ or Charleston? Seems you are kinda in the middle of the two. COURAGE only going to Charleston.

Behind the COURAGE tomorrow is the K-Line FRISIA that comes into Charleston 2 days before COURAGE (but no easy tracking of the ship).

Old 03-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Actually, according to the info I found online, the Courage is going directly to New York from the port of Southampton then to Baltimore MD and then to Charleston SC and finally to Brunswick GA. My MCS should come in via NJ though the voyage info says NY, it's actually NJ.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
WinneMini
2nd Gear
You are right! I'm so sorry--I had it confused with the FRISIA maybe?

Old 03-24-2007, 11:51 AM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
That's what my MA told me yesterday. Would be interested to know what can and can't be programmed though....

Good news - the MAERSK TEAL arrived in New York yesterday. I wonder how long it will take to get down to the dealership in Virginia? Middle part of next week I'm hoping for...
Does that mean that my car is in NY or will the Teal take it to NJ too?

Old 03-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Does that mean that my car is in NY or will the Teal take it to NJ too?
I read somewhere that while the ship's manifest says New York, it's actually New Jersey. I think if you go to BMW or Mini's website and read about the VDC, it says that it might say New York but it's actually NJ.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:00 PM
colea
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Warped1966
I read somewhere that while the ship's manifest says New York, it's actually New Jersey. I think if you go to BMW or Mini's website and read about the VDC, it says that it might say New York but it's actually NJ.
Here's a link to the actual terminal which includes the BMW "Vehicle Preparation Center." I assume that's where MINIs go, too. It's actually in New Jersey.

http://www.panynj.gov/DoingBusinessW...to_marine.html

My ship (Otello) is supposed to arrive on a Sunday, and I'm only an hour or two from the terminal...toying with the idea of driving down to do a little ship spotting.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:39 AM
cymrusteve
2nd Gear
All gone quiet on the Week 11 thread...

What's everyone doing to help pass the time before delivery day?

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Week 11 Production Group