R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 11 Production Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:08 PM
cymrusteve
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sure....

1. storage area does open: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...52#post1454152
2. no jack or lug wrench. MA is going to get what was missing and let me know when i can collect.
3. no sunroof noise. nothing that i would complain about anyway.
4. panel gaps - all the 07's at the dealership looked the same as mine. i'm assuming you're talking about the hood/front wheel arch gap? have a look at my gallery and let me know what you think...
5. 3 nets included in the boot/trunk

in summary: loving the car. had a jet black mcsc for 2 and a half years and glad i made the switch. no regrets although the convertible was a lot of fun and a great looking car too. couldn't be happier...

Originally Posted by kookmyers
Cymrusteve,
So, as a Week 11 customer, can you let us know a couple of things?

1. does your storage area open?
2. did you get a tool kit (jack, etc) or did the dealer have to take it from another car?
3. sunroof noise (i didnt even check if you have one)
4. panel gaps?
5. did you get all those "nets" that are shown in many pics...the ones in the back?

Old 04-03-2007, 04:15 PM
cymrusteve
2nd Gear
Some more pics....

.....and more in my gallery.

Enjoy!

Steve

Attached Thumbnails R56 Week 11 Production Group-img_0475.jpg   R56 Week 11 Production Group-img_04831.jpg   R56 Week 11 Production Group-img_0477.jpg  
Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Hey, anyone on Golden Fan have their status in the OL get past "In Transit" yet, or hear anything about an on-carrier date from their MA?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
NOLAMINI
1st Gear
I'm apparently still on the Golden Fan according to the OL as well. It might just not update very frequently but based on my luck with cars, it probably sunk or sailed east instead of west or something. So close to getting my MINI it almost hurts.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:06 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
cymrusteve,
BLASPHEMY!!!!!
Those stop signs should be GO signs!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Still waiting...

Still not on a truck yet. THe wait continues. Dealer doesn't know when it will be on its way. I'm definiately not a happy camper... Again. I had to reschedule getting the windows tinted AGAIN and put off the sale of my car and its detailing prior to the sale AGAIN. Let's review the timetable:

Build started Feb 26ish. Entered production then.
Went to port 3/6/07
Shipped out around 3/19/07
Arrived SC port 3/31/07. Train'ed up to VDC several days later.
(BTW, According to the OL, it is scheduled to be delivered 4/9/07. It is also still at the VDC. My car can apparently be in two places simultaneously!)

Sometime after arriving at the VDC, the JCW Aero Kit was installed, and the glove box liner was found to be uninstalled. (They left it out... great job in QC, Oxford. I thought my car spent a whole day there, and no one thought to look inside the glove box? ) A replacement liner was ordered, from Oxford.
"Work" installing $4 piece of plastic completed 4/16 or 4/17 (not sure).

Car still not scheduled for transport as of 4/19. It's on the list to go, there's apparently no trucks to take it.

Good thing I wasn't planning to attend the Mini rally in Clermont, FL (I had hoped to) this Sunday. I'd look silly driving it in a Honda Civic. :-(

The guy who is doing my window tinting IS insistent, however, that BMW is a corporation that employs very highly trained professionals. However, those professional may actually be monkeys (with German accents). I'm not convinced, except maybe for the accents part. He is British, drives a Mini, and swears I'll be happy once the car arrives. I am convinced of that part, thanks to NAM. However, being convinced of it does not make this wait in any way easier. Is anyone else in the Week 10 or 11 group still waiting on their car?

Considering this thread has been dead for 10 days now, I'm going to guess I'm the only one, but I'm not above looking for sympathy. :-)

Old 04-19-2007, 01:03 PM
rooandren
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jmelrose

Considering this thread has been dead for 10 days now, I'm going to guess I'm the only one, but I'm not above looking for sympathy. :-)
You got it dude! That is awful! Best of luck that the home stretch is over quick!

Jeez, scary story for those still shipping over though!

Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Cymrusteve,
So, as a Week 11 customer, can you let us know a couple of things?

1. does your storage area open?
2. did you get a tool kit (jack, etc) or did the dealer have to take it from another car?
3. sunroof noise (i didnt even check if you have one)
4. panel gaps?
5. did you get all those "nets" that are shown in many pics...the ones in the back?
Got the MINI yesterday and as a borderline week 10/11 car I'll take a stab at your questions;
1. Yes
2. Tool tray with only screwdriver and small wrench. No jack or lug wrench.
3. N/A
4. All panel gaps were uniform and the hood gap is not pronounced. I think dark colors help the look some.
5. Yes

All in all, very pleased with my choices and the car makes me smile inside and out.

Last edited by mcarlo52; 04-19-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
I myself (week 11) am getting quite upset at my wait time. The OL says that it is to be delivered 4/15/07.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
I myself (week 11) am getting quite upset at my wait time. The OL says that it is to be delivered 4/15/07. it arrived at the VDC on April 7. What the heck!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:03 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Mine got to the LA VDC on the 4th of April and was delieved on the 16th to the dealer. 12 days and then dealer prep for two days. 2 weeks exactly. Just like they said. Didn't make the wait any easier though.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mcarlo52
Mine got to the LA VDC on the 4th of April and was delieved on the 16th to the dealer. 12 days and then dealer prep for two days. 2 weeks exactly. Just like they said. Didn't make the wait any easier though.
Did you ask for or see the VDC report? how many miles were on the car when you picked it up? do you think they had to repair anything at the VDC?
thanks

Old 04-19-2007, 04:40 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Did you ask for or see the VDC report? how many miles were on the car when you picked it up? do you think they had to repair anything at the VDC?
thanks
No, I completely forgot about the report in all the excitement of the purchase. I did go over the car very carefully and everything looked ok to my untrained eye. There were 10 miles on the car, so I think someone may have taken a short trip in it, I hope it was treated well.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
I'm still waiting for my car. They told me it would be ready today, but considering it's a 200-mile drive to Portland, I told them I'd rather wait until Saturday to pick it up. Plus, I would have been worthless at work tomorrow because I'd rather have been out driving.

I know it's been a longer wait for you, Jeff, but I think you put too much stock in a firm timetable of when you thought you'd be driving away in your new car. All along the way my MA said the schedule was fluid and not to believe it would be here on a certain day.

As a result, I've had it in my mind that it will get here when it gets here. I'm driving a 12-year-old Civic, so I'm ready for a new car. But that car has also been good to me for 206,000 miles and I'm cherishing my last days in it, too.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Shadowgram
2nd Gear
Is anyone else in the Week 10 or 11 group still waiting on their car?

Jmelrose,
My Mini is still at the VDC. They have to replace all the locks and the start module since they have lost my key. According to my MA this will take a while (it's been almost 4 weeks). So they are giving me a iPod adapter for free to keep me happy, it's better than nothing I guess. I say keep harrassing them (MA, dealer and MiniUSA) and see if you can get things moving quicker. My Mini is also at the Charleston VDC, seems like they have some issues with poor communication to dealers.