R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 16 production group

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:19 PM
NattyL1te
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rooandren
jrunner--awesome and congrats! That is pretty much my favorite color combination, it's stunning!

johnnyf--I know it stinks, but it will happen soon! Don't give up faith! The OL had the date exactly right for getting to the dealer, but I couldn't take delivery for 5 days because the certificate of origin didn't show up for a while! So many factors, it could even be at the dealer and he is sparing you from telling you that it is just sitting there waiting to be registered, etc. I'm sure very, very soon you'll get good news.
I'm having the same "issue" and it is a horrible weight. My Brother is drinving up from NJ tonight and I figured he could pick up the COA on his way be the VDC - but no luck... My question was: did you go to Herb chambers or MOP? I saw you were from Boston.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:53 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Originally Posted by NattyL1te
I'm having the same "issue" and it is a horrible weight. My Brother is drinving up from NJ tonight and I figured he could pick up the COA on his way be the VDC - but no luck... My question was: did you go to Herb chambers or MOP? I saw you were from Boston.
Wow, you dug up an old post!

Herb Chambers.
The CO is FedExd from somewhere, and that was delayed. So supposedly not the dealer's fault that they hadn't received it.
Good luck in the final stretch!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:58 AM
NattyL1te
1st Gear
Wow, you dug up an old post!

Herb Chambers.
The CO is FedExd from somewhere, and that was delayed. So supposedly not the dealer's fault that they hadn't received it.
Good luck in the final stretch!
Thanks - its tough waiting for that 11:30 email or phone call everyday. (I have my MA calling now me after fedex comes because I bugged him so much the first two days we were waiting. Its funny though, I am going through Herb chambers too - and we are the only two people I can seem to find with this problem.

You would think if it was being fed-ex'd, they could get a tracking number...

Old 09-29-2007, 05:11 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Did I never even think of the tracking number? Sounds like they are trying to pull one over on us!
Are you dealing with Ian? He's a really cool guy, but it does seem like they're just barely holding it together there. And the manager (Kiley, Kelly, Keiry???) is a doll.
Say hi for them for me if you want! Andrew, the guy with the first Nightfire Red.

Last edited by rooandren; 09-29-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:34 PM
NattyL1te
1st Gear
Did I never even think of the tracking number? Sounds like they are trying to pull one over on us!
Are you dealing with Ian? He's a really cool guy, but it does seem like they're just barely holding it together there. And the manager (Kiley, Kelly, Keiry???) is a doll.
Say hi for them for me if you want! Andrew, the guy with the first Nightfire Red.
Yeah its Ian. I'll mention you when/if I pick my Mini up. He's a good guy and I don't blame him, but its horrible that they (BMW) have this completely transparent, tightly integrated information system, yet it breaks so completely down at the last step.

Oh well - Maybe monday...

Old 10-01-2007, 05:59 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Good luck today Natty!

Old 10-03-2007, 05:49 AM
NattyL1te
1st Gear
Good luck today Natty!
Bad luck! Ian called me yesterday. The mini they got in wasn't mine (he just saw the color and thought it was. Turns out mine was destroyed at the VDC .

See here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...&postcount=140

Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Holy crap! I wonder what in the world happened? Glad they took care of you. I'm impressed with how they handled it, especially if the options were worth that much. Usually the attitude is it ain't your car til you paid for it, so they don't owe you anything (not from Ian, but the general modus operandi)

Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
jimmieshear
3rd Gear
What the heck is up with the VDC? I've read a few posts about them crushing the cars on the truck because they didn't unload the bottom deck first. I saw a picture on the forums about a visit to the VDC where they were welding a new top on a Mini, supposedly to be sold "brand new". Wasn't even sure if they had to report the damage or not.

I wonder if someone worked at the VDC if they would ever buy a new car, kind of like people that say the work at a fast food joint and they would never buy anything from it :-) Insider information might make them cringe when they went to buy a new one.