R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 R56 Week 16 production group

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:17 PM
kimmc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 Week 16 production group

Anyone else in week 16 (April 21st)? I ordered mine on 3/8 in NJ. I was hoping that I'd have it mid April!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
manifest
3rd Gear
I called 866-ASK-MINI yesterday and today, and they said I was scheduled currently for week 16 (April 16th) both times so I'd say I'm a week 16er as well!

I put my order in at the end of Feburary to get a spot for delivery in May so it looks like I am on course.

What are your specs kimmc?

Old 03-21-2007, 05:45 PM
kimmc
2nd Gear
Pretty basic, but hoping it will be a great car...

R56 MC Nightfire Red, black roof, Cold weather, DSC, moonroof, spoiler

Old 03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
manifest
3rd Gear
Excellent spec! Congrats on the order!

Old 03-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kimmc
Anyone else in week 16 (April 21st)? I ordered mine on 3/8 in NJ. I was hoping that I'd have it mid April!
My understanding is that the week is when it is built. It then has to come over by slow boat. For California that is + 4 weeks. Not sure what it is for NJ, but I'd guess you are looking at mid to late May.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
peppy
2nd Gear
kimmc: unfortunately, week 16 does not mean you will have it by mid April. Week 16 is your build week-it begins production!

Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
kimmc
2nd Gear
Right - I knew that it meant end of production. But when I ordered my MA said 4-6 weeks. That would have meant end of April. But now it's looking more like mid May or beginning of June. No May roadtrip for me!

Old 03-26-2007, 12:52 AM
minimobile
2nd Gear
Kimmc

The delay is due to the color. Nightfire red does not start production until April. I'm also waiting on a Nightfire red R56. I can't wait to see how the color turns out!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
MalteseFalcn
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howdy!

Didn't realize there was already a Week 16 thread goin' on here!

Ordered on 3/19, just got word last night that I'm in Wk 16, with a production start date of "April 15th," although I'm not expecting mine to be available for delivery til mid-May. Got a Lightning Blue MCS automatic with black hood n' stripes on the way. So I guess mine will look like Manifest's, but not manual trans.

I ordered from Mini in West Chester, PA (Princeton is too far from South Jersey), and my dealer told me that it'd be "6-8 weeks" for delivery. Well, looks like 8 weeks should be spot-on. That's okay, I was really just anxious waiting for my production date (the website still shows me as "on order," in fact). Now at least I can put a date in my head for when I can actually take the car home!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:31 PM
manifest
3rd Gear
Congrats on the order! We have 3 week 16'ers now. Lightning blue is a gorgeous color. I'm hoping for mid May delivery as well.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
MalteseFalcn
3rd Gear
Lightning Blue

I just wish I could catch more shots of Lightning Blue, I sort of ordered it on good faith based on the little composite car I made on mini.com's configurator. My dealer didn't have any on the lot to show me before I ordered mine, and the one in the "mini" Mini brochure (the first one in the foldout) that I thought was Lightning may just be Laser. My dealer had it on their color chart on the wall, but a 1 sq ft bubble of color doesn't really tell ya what the car will look like...

Old 04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
manifest
3rd Gear
I hear ya. I'm gonna make a call to my MA tomorrow and see if they have any Lightning blue in stock amongst other things. I loved the laser blue but the lightning blue seems to just fit me better from the pics I've seen online. Maybe seeing them side by side will change my mind to laser blue? It's defiantly going to be blue though.

The blue in the brochure is definetly laser blue as it's the "special" color for the MCS.

For lightning blue pics check here:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-e...et-strips.html

and here:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-m...roll-call.html

Old 04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
MalteseFalcn
3rd Gear
Lightning

Thanks, one of those did have some decent shots of the Lightning w/Black. I like it a lot, nice that it's a shade darker than the Laser. Truth be told, I'm still not 100% sold on the Lightning Blue (I am about 98% sold). But I'm not ordering the Chili Red, cuz I don't want to get a speeding ticket EVERY time I go outside to start my engine. And I like the black, but I would've preferred it with an option of bonnet stripe colors. The black/white is a little too monochrome for me.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:28 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
I guess we can make it four in the group now! I have been confirmed for Week 16.
So here's my question...is it May yet? How about now? Now? Is it here yet?!? It's like gosh darn Februrary outside now, so I think this is going to be a loooong wait!

Old 04-04-2007, 08:28 AM
iDriveS
3rd Gear
I ordered mine yesterday and the MA modified a car they had slotted for week 16. I haven't gotten any further confirmation on it, but barring any disasters I should be in week 16 as well.

MCS, astro black, black roof, red leather, anthracite headliner, pianoblack interior, premium package, and $85 dollar mats (after buying a $26k car ).

Old 04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
iDriveS
3rd Gear
You guys think my MA was full of it when he said that I'll be driving the car by the end of the first week of May at the latest? Is that just wishful thinking assuming that all the stars align? He said it could even be here by the end of April if it goes through quickly. He was a nice guy, but they didn't have much selection compared to the other local place and I'd hate to think that he was putting false hope in to me so that I wouldn't go to the other dealer and pick one of their 30+ availalbe R56 S's.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:49 PM
rooandren
6th Gear
Originally Posted by iDriveS
You guys think my MA was full of it when he said that I'll be driving the car by the end of the first week of May at the latest? Is that just wishful thinking assuming that all the stars align? He said it could even be here by the end of April if it goes through quickly. He was a nice guy, but they didn't have much selection compared to the other local place and I'd hate to think that he was putting false hope in to me so that I wouldn't go to the other dealer and pick one of their 30+ availalbe R56 S's.
Ummm...I don't see how that is physically possible. That's at most 3 weeks from start date to delivery (stretching to a little more since sometimes production starts before the Week #, so it seems). Is this Herb Chambers? I think I might know the very nice guy who doesn't necessarily know what he's talking about!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:50 PM
colea
3rd Gear
You guys think my MA was full of it when he said that I'll be driving the car by the end of the first week of May at the latest?
I would say at the earliest: it's just barely possible. My own week 12 car shipped out March 23 and the Owners' Lounge now estimates delivery on April 7, just 2 weeks and one day after leaving Southampton. If you catch a ship sometime during week 16 and the VDC isn't too backed up, and there's no delay in catching a truck to Boston, May 4-5 might be possible.

But many things can go wrong. And the Owners' Lounge is so often wrong, I'm not sure why I believe the delivery estimate it's giving me.

Anyway, good luck!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
iDriveS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rooandren
Ummm...I don't see how that is physically possible. That's at most 3 weeks from start date to delivery (stretching to a little more since sometimes production starts before the Week #, so it seems). Is this Herb Chambers? I think I might know the very nice guy who doesn't necessarily know what he's talking about!
Nope, bought it from Peabody. Herb Chambers has a much larger selection currently available though. I'm contemplating giving them a call to get an idea on what the specs are on some of them. I'd be willing to retract my deposit and take something else if it could be a couple months before the MINI I just ordered gets here. Peabody told me it takes 4-5 weeks from ordering for the owner to recieve it. I'm not necessarily so hell-bent on the specs that I got that I would be willing to wait 2 months vs. picking one up now in a different color.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
MalteseFalcn
3rd Gear
Early May seems a bit early for us, I would not be surprised at all if we hit mid-May for delivery. You gotta figure, 5-7 days for production (according to Mini), then a few weeks to get through shipping, stateside distribution and inspection, then coordinate with dealership for delivery process...

How come mini's website is so backed up? I called the toll-free number on Monday and they gave me my production date, but the Owners Lounge still says "On Order..." (This is Wed PM)...

Old 04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
manifest
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcn
Early May seems a bit early for us, I would not be surprised at all if we hit mid-May for delivery. You gotta figure, 5-7 days for production (according to Mini), then a few weeks to get through shipping, stateside distribution and inspection, then coordinate with dealership for delivery process...

How come mini's website is so backed up? I called the toll-free number on Monday and they gave me my production date, but the Owners Lounge still says "On Order..." (This is Wed PM)...
Mid to late May is when we should expect our cars to be realistic. Early may is doesn't seem feasible.

The Owners lounge always shows old data especially before your MINI starts production. It will probably show scheduled for production late next week as our cars will start production on the following Monday.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 AM
iDriveS
3rd Gear
I just checked my order status and under my options list it was missing the lounge red leather and anthracite headliner. All my other options were listed. I sent my MA an email about this just to confirm. Is this a glitch? Is it just the owner's lounge not being updated? Is my car going to be built without the options I wanted? Should I be on the phone with my MA ASAP?

Also, I have the premium package (which is listed) but it also lists a "leather steering wheel." As long as the prem. package is on the list I don't need to worry about the MFSW, do I?

Old 04-05-2007, 06:25 AM
colea
3rd Gear
I just checked my order status and under my options list it was missing the lounge red leather and anthracite headliner. All my other options were listed. I sent my MA an email about this just to confirm. Is this a glitch? Is it just the owner's lounge not being updated? Is my car going to be built without the options I wanted? Should I be on the phone with my MA ASAP?

Also, I have the premium package (which is listed) but it also lists a "leather steering wheel." As long as the prem. package is on the list I don't need to worry about the MFSW, do I?
That happened to me, too. I was missing the redwood red lounge leather, the anthracite headliner, the dark gray color line, and limited slip as shown in the Owners' Lounge. I contacted my MA who emailed me a copy of the actual build order, and these items were all listed properly there, so he assured me that all was OK. I hope to find out for sure in a few days.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:38 AM
iDriveS
3rd Gear
As if we aren't anxious enough as it is...

I just called my MA, he has Thursdays off. The sales manager is out today as well. The receptionist transferred me to the finance manager's voice mail, but said that he won't be in until after 10:00. Hopefully he'll be able to look into it and give me some assurance that the order was submitted correctly.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
I have heard numerous people around here talk about specs appearing/disappearing from the owners lounge. You will of course want to confirm for peace of mind, but I'm sure you're good. My minimal options have consitently shown however.

Quick Reply: R56 R56 Week 16 production group