R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Who is on FIGARO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 07:45 PM
peppy
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ManaMini
Peppy:

Congrats! Looks beautiful. How did you mount the front licnese plate? Drilled holes into the bumper or some other way?
used the already existing holes that the dealers made. Instead of drilling into the car, we drilled into the mount for the plates to fit the holes that were already on the car!
hows your car treating you?

Old 04-23-2007 | 08:38 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by coloradokid
I also talked to the Bra Man today, and think I'm going to use him as well. He quoted me $495 for the bumper and 18" on the hood, plus $85 for the headlights, foglights and mirrors. He said he was doing another MINI, which I assume is yours. I think he's going to do mine Thursday morning at his shop, then come to you and do yours in the afternoon in your garage. So I can be the practice to make sure he knows what he's doing by the time he does yours Since I'm picking mine up tomorrow at Schomp, how was your experience with them when you took delivery?
Schomp was good. I didn't get any free mats or even a key chain. I guess in Denver we can take it or leave it. I was at the dealership a couple hours. Mostly going over the car with my MA. Post some picture's once you get it.
I've only read good things about Don the Bra Man. So I think were in good hands.....I hope.

Old 04-23-2007 | 10:46 PM
ManaMini
2nd Gear
Peppy:

I am having a lot of fun with it. My dealer did not poke holes in the front bumper and that is why I am thinking wheter I should do it or not. Are you having fun with yours?

Old 04-26-2007 | 10:28 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
Steve,
How's the new Mini? How did the clear bra install go? He installed mine this afternoon and it looks pretty good. I noticed he removed the Mini emblem on the front and reinstalled it without replacing the tape. Check yours, I had to buy some new double faced tape and reinstall it. He put clear cover on my mirrors but I didn't like the look and removed it. Other than that I'm happy, the Venture Tape looks like a good product.

Old 04-27-2007 | 05:12 AM
Going Gray
2nd Gear
chopperace, the new MINI is terrific and was worth the wait. Picked it up Tuesday during the rainstorm in Denver and simultaneous snowstorm where I am in Castle Rock. Don installed the clearbra this morning, and I am very pleased with it and with his work. I had him do 24" on the hood, headlights and also the pillars and roof front. Thanks very much for the research you did on the clearbras and for sharing it. Enjoy your new MINI, and hope to meet you one day, perhaps at a MINI event.