R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Who is on FIGARO?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:55 PM
peppy
|
2nd Gear
Who is on FIGARO?

I've seen people posting about being on Figaro here and there so i figured we should start a list! We are afterall, sharing a long boat ride! Peppy is headed to Port Hueneme then to Crevier Mini!

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:16 PM
Motoring
5th Gear
My MY/B MCS is on the Figaro as well on it's way to MINI of Murray in Salt Lake.

Old 03-26-2007 | 01:25 PM
ManaMini
2nd Gear
I am on Figaro too. My Mini is on its way to Los Angeles, CA.

Old 03-26-2007 | 02:13 PM
familiarstranger
6th Gear
how long, for those of you in LA, were you quoted for the time from production to dealer?

Old 03-26-2007 | 02:25 PM
Motoring
5th Gear
Here is the basic timeline...

Complete production
Pass QC. Can take several days, but generally not.
trucked to Southampton 1 day
load on boat 1 to 10 days
cross the atlantic to LA 20 days
VDC 5 days
truck to dealer 1 to 5 days (depends on how far from LA)
Dealer prep 1 - 2 days

MY Example. My car left the factory on March 14th and I expect it at the dealer in Salt Lake on April 19th.

Old 03-26-2007 | 04:00 PM
peppy
|
2nd Gear
Old 03-26-2007 | 04:06 PM
familiarstranger
6th Gear
Thanks keith. That is much more optomistic than my MA was saying. she was talking bout 8-10 weeks

Old 03-26-2007 | 04:06 PM
kookmyers
4th Gear
I'm on board. SS/B S heading to San Diego,CA

Old 03-26-2007 | 04:45 PM
minipwr
Neutral
is WW the only shipping company that Mini uses to cross the pond? I checked their tracking website and it had no info on my Mini even though It has been in route for almost a week.

Old 03-26-2007 | 07:37 PM
Going Gray
2nd Gear
I'm also on the Figaro - looks like there are 155 of us in all, sharing close quarters I'm sure and calm seas I hope. Mine is destined for Ralph Schomp MINI in Denver. And thanks peppy for the tracking update!

Old 03-26-2007 | 07:49 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
I'm on Figaro also. My dealer is Ralph Schomp in Denver also.

I'm lucky my Dealer, Web Motorsports and Detailers Paradise are all within 15 minutes of my home.

Old 03-26-2007 | 07:55 PM
ManaMini
2nd Gear
I ordered on March 7th planning to receive the car on my daughter's graduation in early June. The dealer told me 12 weeks. The car got built by March 17th, got to port on 19th and was loaded on the Figaro the same day. Given that Figaro is going to get to California on April 8th and the car hopefully delivered by 15th. The whole thing from order to delivery will take 5 to 6 weeks which is simply amazing.

Old 03-27-2007 | 07:01 AM
Going Gray
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chopperace

I'm lucky my Dealer, Web Motorsports and Detailers Paradise are all within 15 minutes of my home.
chopperace, looks like we're both on the Figaro and both headed to Schomp. I haven't heard a word from my MA, but will contact her soon to see when she expects delivery. Couple questions for you if you don't mind:

Old 03-27-2007 | 07:07 AM
Going Gray
2nd Gear

chopperace, looks like we're both on the Figaro and both headed to Schomp. I haven't heard a word from my MA, but will contact her soon to see when she expects delivery. Couple questions for you if you don't mind:
1. Have you tried to get Schomp to throw in any extras? I see from other posts alot of the dealers are throwing in floormats, and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
2. Are you getting a clearbra, or have you ever had one on a MINI? I want to get a clearbra to protect the front end, but Schomp wants $649, and that's just for 12" coverage on the bonnet. I found a certified 3M installer who will do the whole thing for about $525, including 18" coverage. Plan to go with him unless I find a better option.
Do you have any opinions on these? Thanks.

Old 03-27-2007 | 10:25 AM
peppy
|
2nd Gear
I'm pretty sure this is Figaro!

Old 03-27-2007 | 01:08 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by coloradokid
1. Have you tried to get Schomp to throw in any extras? I see from other posts alot of the dealers are throwing in floormats, and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
2. Are you getting a clearbra, or have you ever had one on a MINI? I want to get a clearbra to protect the front end, but Schomp wants $649, and that's just for 12" coverage on the bonnet. I found a certified 3M installer who will do the whole thing for about $525, including 18" coverage. Plan to go with him unless I find a better option.
Do you have any opinions on these? Thanks.
Steve, I havn't asked Schomp if they would throw in anything. I would like to get floormats but I'm not holding my breath.

I am going to get the clearbra but I think there is a place up by C-470 and Broadway that is supposed to do a very good job. A few members of Mini 5280 have used him. Is that the same place that quoted you 525.?

Let me know what your MA says about delivery date.

Thanks

Old 03-27-2007 | 02:14 PM
Going Gray
2nd Gear
Steve, I havn't asked Schomp if they would throw in anything. I would like to get floormats but I'm not holding my breath.

I am going to get the clearbra but I think there is a place up by C-470 and Broadway that is supposed to do a very good job. A few members of Mini 5280 have used him. Is that the same place that quoted you 525.?

Let me know what your MA says about delivery date.

Thanks
I'll let you know what Schomp says, and if I can get them to include floormats as part of the deal. You would think they might do this to remain competetive with other dealers, and in light of a pretty good profit they're making for not alot of selling legwork. We'll see. Who is your MA? Mine is Rene Watson.

I did check out the clearbra place just north of C-470 on the west side of Broadway (can't remember the name right now). I was impressed with their quality, but price they gave me was $650, same as Schomp. The installer I found that I'll probably go with is Benjamin Long, 3/994-1201. I spoke with him and was impressed. Check their website at www.aceclearbra.com. They're located on east Arapahoe. Also he can come to you and do the installation as long as you have a fairly clean, dry area (such as your garage). He said the installation would take most of a day, which impressed me that he takes his time and does it right. He said he's the lead trainer for 3M Clearbras and warranties the work for as long as you own the car. He quoted me $529, which includes a 10% cash discount and breaks down as $289 for 18" clearbra on the hood, $299 for full front bumper. He'll also do the headlights, mirrors and door handles at no extra charge. He also quoted me $556 for 24" coverage on the hood (including 10% cash discount), but I don't think I need the clearbra that far up. Schomp's clearbra at $649 only covers 12" on the hood.

Sorry to make this so lenghty, but wanted you to have the info I have if you want to explore options. I'll keep you posted on my end, please do the same on yours. Happy Motoring!

Old 03-27-2007 | 07:37 PM
chopperace
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by coloradokid
I'll let you know what Schomp says, and if I can get them to include floormats as part of the deal. You would think they might do this to remain competetive with other dealers, and in light of a pretty good profit they're making for not alot of selling legwork. We'll see. Who is your MA? Mine is Rene Watson.

I did check out the clearbra place just north of C-470 on the west side of Broadway (can't remember the name right now). I was impressed with their quality, but price they gave me was $650, same as Schomp. The installer I found that I'll probably go with is Benjamin Long, 3/994-1201. I spoke with him and was impressed. Check their website at www.aceclearbra.com. They're located on east Arapahoe. Also he can come to you and do the installation as long as you have a fairly clean, dry area (such as your garage). He said the installation would take most of a day, which impressed me that he takes his time and does it right. He said he's the lead trainer for 3M Clearbras and warranties the work for as long as you own the car. He quoted me $529, which includes a 10% cash discount and breaks down as $289 for 18" clearbra on the hood, $299 for full front bumper. He'll also do the headlights, mirrors and door handles at no extra charge. He also quoted me $556 for 24" coverage on the hood (including 10% cash discount), but I don't think I need the clearbra that far up. Schomp's clearbra at $649 only covers 12" on the hood.

Sorry to make this so lenghty, but wanted you to have the info I have if you want to explore options. I'll keep you posted on my end, please do the same on yours. Happy Motoring!
Steve
Thanks for the info on the Clearbra, I will definitely check Aceclearbra out. I'm not sure how far up the hood I want to go with it and I don't know if will get the mirrors protected. Also the door handles on the Mini are chrome, was he saying he would put the clearbra behind the handle to protect it from a persons fingernails?

My MA is Mike Dankert, I have a feeling the most I will get is maybe a key chain. Please keep me updated if you get anymore inforamation!

Thanks

Old 03-29-2007 | 07:14 AM
Going Gray
2nd Gear
chopperace, I think he just meant he will or usually does the door handles when he installs a clearbra - probably wasn't thinking that they're chrome. I'll keep you posted on the clearbra, and also on any update with Schomp. Please do the same, and good luck.

Old 03-30-2007 | 01:02 PM
peppy
|
2nd Gear
ten more days and Figaro arrives in CA!

Old 03-30-2007 | 07:20 PM
ManaMini
2nd Gear
Anyone knows what is up with Figaro? Her position has not been updated for 3 days and it was supposed to reach Panama Canal today and has not yet.

Old 03-30-2007 | 07:34 PM
peppy
|
2nd Gear
i was wondering the same thing! what is happening?

Old 03-30-2007 | 08:47 PM
peppy
|
2nd Gear
According to the schedules on WW, Figaro has not yet sailed from Panama! :(

Old 03-30-2007 | 09:32 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by peppy
According to the schedules on WW, Figaro has not yet sailed from Panama! :(
I think it's right on time.

The Maersk Wind left Southampton five days earlier than the Figaro and went through the Panama Canal on Tuesday. That would put the Figaro on schedule to pass through the canal on Sunday, if it is making the same time.

The Wind is scheduled to reach Port Hueneme on Tuesday, five days before the Figaro is scheduled to get there.

Even if the Figaro hasn't updated its position for three days, at least you've had an idea of where it is. The Wind hasn't sent out a signal the entire trip. We only knew it reached the canal because Aaron H. caught it going through the locks on the canal's webcam. It dropped the scheduled Manzanillo stop before it left England.

Old 03-31-2007 | 12:05 AM
ManaMini
2nd Gear
Per WW tracking site, Figaro just passed the Panama Canal.

Quick Reply: R56 Who is on FIGARO?