R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Maersk Wind

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Evergreen
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sowellman
I imagine that's why my MA has been pretty conservative with what he's been telling me. Started with end of the months, now is saying 20th through 25th.
Alfons D'Auto in Seattle is picking up his on Saturday and Rasmussen is telling you 20-25?

Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Alfons D'Auto in Seattle is picking up his on Saturday and Rasmussen is telling you 20-25?
Maybe they order more cars, so they have more clout. Or maybe the truck goes to Tacoma and then stops in Portland on the trip back.

Funny how the estimated date on OL today has gone from April 15 to the 14th and now the 13th. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning and find out the car is already in Portland. Ask Mini now says it's "in transit." I have no idea if that means it's on a "ship" or that it's on the truck headed for Portland.

Last edited by Sowellman; 04-11-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Grn w/ Envy
1st Gear
The OL tells me that delivery date was 4/9, but I just found out I can pick it up on Saturday the 21st. I don't have the option of coming down during the week since I'm in the Seattle area which might be why my MA picked that weekend. I am having some accessories put on as well.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
AaronH
2nd Gear
Well, apparently my Mini WAS delivered on Tuesday but the paperwork got "mixed up" and they just noticed it yesterday afternoon. I'm a little afraid they've been taking it out for a spin and tyring out the Nav system. It better not have TOO many miles on it.

Anyway, I'm supposed to pick it up this afternoon around 4pm. I've had the iPod connector installed so I'll let you know how it works with the Nav system and will be sure to include lots of pictures as soon as I can.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Evergreen
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Sowellman
Funny how the estimated date on OL today has gone from April 15 to the 14th and now the 13th. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning and find out the car is already in Portland.
That sounds more like it! 20th-25!?! Nonsense. Perhaps it's time to gas up the car for the trip up north?

Old 04-15-2007, 10:32 AM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
<bump>
My MA called me yesterday and said my car will likely be at the dealership today. He said he would call if and when it got there in case I wanted to come down and look at it before final check out. Heck yes, I'll be there with my camera. I won't be able to pick it up until Monday or Tuesday because the techs have Sunday off (lazy bums).

Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 PM
spykdpunch
3rd Gear
Picked mine up on Friday! I need to take some more pictures, tho.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Grn w/ Envy
1st Gear
[quote=spykdpunch;1477734]Picked mine up on Friday! I need to take some more pictures, tho.

I love your car!! I'm usually not a big fan of the white bonnet stripes with the roof, but with the wheels, your car looks awesome!! You'll definately be turning heads with this baby! Enjoy!!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:23 AM
spykdpunch
3rd Gear
Thanks so much! I absolutely love it! It's serious good times.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Grn w/ Envy
The OL tells me that delivery date was 4/9, but I just found out I can pick it up on Saturday the 21st.
Green,

Are you still scheduled to pick up your car at Rasmussen's on Saturday? I spoke with my MA today and he said it would be ready Thursday.

I thought about taking a day off from work, but decided it would be better just to wait until Saturday. So I'll be driving up there that morning and picking up my car at 10 a.m.

When will you be there?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 PM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Still waiting

The MINI is still not done at the dealership. No call from my MA today, I called and left a message, but no return call.
I guess I could've taken some time off work and at least go and look at it. I wish I knew why it's taking longer than most, not that it would make the waiting any easier.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mcarlo52
The MINI is still not done at the dealership. ... I wish I knew why it's taking longer than most, not that it would make the waiting any easier.
It appears that every dealer spends a different amount of time prepping their cars. Some seem to hand over their autos as soon as they're backed off the truck. Others appear to do a separate check to make sure everything is up to snuff and wash it once more.

My MA at Rasmussen said they had 20 new cars come in all at the same time. I imagine that if half of them had add-on accessories, that would take a few days to finish. Can't run them all through at the same time.

Good luck on getting your car soon. I'm counting down the days for mine.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 AM
mcarlo52
4th Gear
Wooo Hooo! MA just called, pick up at noon today

Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Grn w/ Envy
1st Gear
My train from Seattle comes in at 11:00 and they're picking us up from the station at that time. What color is yours again? It'd be cool to check out each others cars eh? Mine's getting the clear mask and the rally lights so I'm excited to see how it turns out. It'll be the MCS BRG/B - just look for the girl with a HUGE smile on her face - that'll be me by the way!!
-Angie

Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 AM
jaridp
4th Gear
My train from Seattle comes in at 11:00 and they're picking us up from the station at that time. What color is yours again? It'd be cool to check out each others cars eh? Mine's getting the clear mask and the rally lights so I'm excited to see how it turns out. It'll be the MCS BRG/B - just look for the girl with a HUGE smile on her face - that'll be me by the way!!
-Angie
OOOOo Angie! Wait til you see your baby! She looks great! See you in an hour!

Old 04-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jaridp
OOOOo Angie! Wait til you see your baby! She looks great!
That it did. Hey, but mine didn't look half bad, either. Great that we both got a sneak peak at her car before Angie and her husband arrived.

I almost had someone change lanes into me in the first five miles on I-5. Luckily, the horn worked and he went back into the lane he was coming from. That would have ruined an otherwise perfect day.

The 200-mile trip home gave me plenty of opportunity to test out the wiper sensor. Rained the entire way to Roseburg. But that's Oregon in April.

It was nice meeting you, Jarid. Looks like you and Larry both had a busy day.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Grn w/ Envy
1st Gear
Your car looked fabulous - I'm glad I had a chance to sneak a peek! The weather sucked coming back home but we took a detour and have already put 250+ miles on her. She's all dirty now though with all that rain which is a bummer. Can you believe we didn't see one single Mini on the way home to wave at? Lots of gawkers though - that's gotta make you feel good. Love your car!!! Have fun, pleasure meeting you, and motor on!!

Old 04-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Grn w/ Envy
1st Gear
Here are some pics...

Attached Thumbnails Maersk Wind-img_0032.jpg   Maersk Wind-img_0030.jpg   Maersk Wind-img_0037.jpg  
Old 04-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Your car looked fabulous - I'm glad I had a chance to sneak a peek!
Yours looked great too. What a coincidence that we were both there at the same time.

Can you believe we didn't see one single Mini on the way home to wave at? Lots of gawkers though - that's gotta make you feel good.
If was funny. A first generation model pulled out onto the freeway as I passed by just south of Eugene on the trip up. With me in the Civic, she didn't know she was supposed to look over and wave. I felt like pulling out my printout from Rasmussen and wave it. Hey, I'm getting a new Mini in a couple of hours.

On the trip home, it was the same experience as you had. Not a single Mini on the road. Even passed by a used car lot across from where I work and the one they got in on Thursday was already gone.

Hey, that's no fair that it's back to being dry in Edmonds. Still raining here this morning. But I feel the sun coming.