R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Processing Fees?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:17 PM
WinneMini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at7815--I'm sorry for the delay--I just got home.
We discussed and declined the dealer add ons when we ordered the vehicle 3/3. Our MA (Korey) called last Thursday and asked again if we wanted them since delivery was very close. (HAHAHAHAHA) I still insisted NO.
We had some issues with them accepting our Credit Union's payment arrangment, but they finally agreed to that today.
I'm not even sure what the document is we have from them--and I had to ask for a copy of it. Looks like a purchase order. It doesn't show the deposit, but I have the canceled check to take when we take delivery in case there is a problem. The Credit Union accepted the document we have and Danny (SM) signed it.
I've said in a few other threads---this is the last MINI we will purchase from them. Orlando is lookin' real good at this point! Shoot I'd go further north if I had to. If they drill the holes in the front bumper after being told 3 times not to do so, I'm afraid we will walk. (Florida doesn't have front plates and I'm not going to be a motoring billboard for them.)

Old 04-09-2007, 07:33 PM
at7815
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinneMini
at7815--I'm sorry for the delay--I just got home.
We discussed and declined the dealer add ons when we ordered the vehicle 3/3. Our MA (Korey) called last Thursday and asked again if we wanted them since delivery was very close. (HAHAHAHAHA) I still insisted NO.
We had some issues with them accepting our Credit Union's payment arrangment, but they finally agreed to that today.
I'm not even sure what the document is we have from them--and I had to ask for a copy of it. Looks like a purchase order. It doesn't show the deposit, but I have the canceled check to take when we take delivery in case there is a problem. The Credit Union accepted the document we have and Danny (SM) signed it.
I've said in a few other threads---this is the last MINI we will purchase from them. Orlando is lookin' real good at this point! Shoot I'd go further north if I had to. If they drill the holes in the front bumper after being told 3 times not to do so, I'm afraid we will walk. (Florida doesn't have front plates and I'm not going to be a motoring billboard for them.)
Oh no worries. I can't complain about my experience there thus far. In all honesty though, I really just wanted to go to Lauderdale Mini, but didn't because I was able to make some arrangements with a friend that works for BMW and got a better deal in West Palm and it was worth the drive. Maybe b/c they knew I came referred by somebody else they didn't really make the push for the add-ons. I contacted my MA anyway just to get the final number w/ tax and tag and it was totally fine. They know I'm using a Credit Union and haven't really said anything about there being even the smallest problem so I hope there are no issues when it comes time for delivery.

Next time, if you're willing to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale I think they would give you a good deal. I was able to negotiate with them $500 off MSRP but no waiver of the $500 dealer fee so it was pretty much about buying the car for MSRP and that's it which is the best I had been able to get around here. Just a thought - good luck

When do you take delivery of your car?

Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 AM
WinneMini
2nd Gear
When do we take delivery?
I have no clue when she'll get to WPB and we can bring her home. I hate to even begin to hope for the weekend--but maybe?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
at7815
3rd Gear
WinneMini -

Congratulations!!!! I just noticed you have taken delivery. When will you post pictures??? I'm very happy for you

Hope everything went smooth at BWP and I wish you many miles of happy motoring!!!!

Ani

Old 04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
WinneMini
2nd Gear
Thank you! There was such excitement at delivery the nervous dad dropped my camera and broke off the shutter ****. The only decent picture we have is when she had the wrong wheels on her. Yes, it came with the standard 15" wheels/tires, BUTT they changed them out quickly with a car on the lot. Pictures will be coming!

When all was said and done--it was an OK experience. I have no bumper holes, they never made note of the $1000 deposit--but I had a copy of the check which they accepted no questions asked, and they "threw in" the carpet mats.

I guess it just bothers me that they are so unknowledgable about the car, the tracking experience, and the whole lack of attention to detail. They told us the car didn't come in until Saturday morning, but there is paperwork in the glove box, signed by their techs, that has Friday's date on it. We talked to them several times Friday afternoon while we were already in WPB and could have saved an extra trip down. (And lots of pacing.)

Regardless of all that--I love her. She was in our garage all day getting her first coats of Zaino and the Sparkling Silver is incredible. It truly changes hues as the light changes. The manual trans is such fun. It was worth the wait.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:38 PM
at7815
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by WinneMini
Thank you! There was such excitement at delivery the nervous dad dropped my camera and broke off the shutter ****. The only decent picture we have is when she had the wrong wheels on her. Yes, it came with the standard 15" wheels/tires, BUTT they changed them out quickly with a car on the lot. Pictures will be coming!

When all was said and done--it was an OK experience. I have no bumper holes, they never made note of the $1000 deposit--but I had a copy of the check which they accepted no questions asked, and they "threw in" the carpet mats.

I guess it just bothers me that they are so unknowledgable about the car, the tracking experience, and the whole lack of attention to detail. They told us the car didn't come in until Saturday morning, but there is paperwork in the glove box, signed by their techs, that has Friday's date on it. We talked to them several times Friday afternoon while we were already in WPB and could have saved an extra trip down. (And lots of pacing.)

Regardless of all that--I love her. She was in our garage all day getting her first coats of Zaino and the Sparkling Silver is incredible. It truly changes hues as the light changes. The manual trans is such fun. It was worth the wait.
So glad to hear everything worked out!! Hope to see pics whenever you have them!

I'm not expecting floor mats since I didn't really negotiate for them when I placed the order, but maybe I'll ask when I take delivery and see what happens. I have to agree w/ you on the tracking experience. I really only hear from my MA when I call him (which has only been twice maybe) but I feel like an e-mail at least would be nice. Oh well...I'm just ready to get the car and be done w/ it

Let me know how Zaino works out for you. I have the same plan for mine when it comes in. Enjoy your new baby and have FUN!!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
WinneMini
2nd Gear
We SWEAR by the Zaino treatments. My husband's '05 looks brand new. We've never really taken good care of our vehicle's finishes until our first MINI came to live with us. Now we are fanatics!