R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Minisizd
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Skies 05
I have a lead on an almost perfectly speced OB/W. After agonizing, I decided to go for an automatic. The hills up here in Puget Sound can be hellacious, and I did not like my experience with the 05 S.

I can put a deposit on one that has a cream color line with English oak. Gokartride, the more I look at your interior with the oak, the more I'm feeling the old British classic spirit.

The seats are carbon black checkered cloth. Perfect for my mini piebald weiner and the wirehaired weiner.

Thoughts/comments?

I can smell the road trip coming.............................
Sounds great Blue Skies. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:46 AM
hailpurdue
2nd Gear
The seats are carbon black checkered cloth. Perfect for my mini piebald weiner and the wirehaired weiner.

Thoughts/comments?

I can smell the road trip coming.............................
Dachshunds love OB!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:07 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BOSS10L
Power is nice, but refined driving experiences, now that's where it's at.
Aaaaa-greed!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:13 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jedorme
How do we join the OB Owners Club? We just found this thread and saw pictures of the OB car for the first time.
I think you just did!!! I know...it's seems weird ordering a color that you've not seen, especially when the rumored OB was such a mystery for such a long time. It is great, though!!

Safe voyage to your MINI...and if you can please post some pics when it arrives (and you recover from the whirlwind!). Tuscan Beige seems to be a great choice for OB!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Thoughts/comments?
I think that would be a very nice combo!! I went w/o the colorline since it felt better to me personally (I wanted a more subdued cabin), but I think the white colorline was made for English Oak...the mockups of the oak interior at Plant Oxford featured the white colorline, so it will look fantastic I'm sure should you decide to go that route. I have the cloth seats, too...love 'em!!

Old 06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
it really doesn't matter WHAT color ur interior is... it's just a bonus... like the cream filling in an oreo... o2b is so awesome....

Old 06-19-2007, 05:16 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
So......rumor is that Blue Skies did a little dealio today for somethin' shiney and Oxygen Blue!!!!! Sounds like a winner to me!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Well, I do believe my dream road trip will come true. I spoke with MINI of Dallas this am, and put a deposit down on my OB/Wa with the cream/English oak. She has the mandatory sun roof, cloth and heated seats. My understanding is she pulled into port this morning, and will be available for pick up later next week.

I cannot believe what a rare little beauty these OBs are. I emailed every MINI dealer in CA, and included, Portland, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, St. Louis, and Oklahoma. Only OK responded, and the Panther Leather available, while gorgeous, wouldn't work with Satil and Ziggy...........my weiner dog girls

Lo and behold, I end up finding her in Dallas. Now my family can admire her

Thanks, ya'll, for giving me the "it's ok to be a two car piggie" thumbs up Motoring enthusiasts just seem to understand each other. It's intangible...that feeling of art, power, the open road, adventure..in a classic like the MINI.

Oh, I am so excited I CANNOT stand it. I have three more days left with a wonderful, and WILD, group of 8th graders. Sky Blue (my baby's name) will be my focus these last days.

I will take my laptop/camera and will post pictures and updates from the road. Writing is a passion of mine, so if anyone is interested, I'll tell ya how Sky Blue performs?

Blue Skies 05

PS: gokartride, I think a meet at Estella's is in order!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:33 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
gokartride, I think a meet at Estella's is in order!
Yes, two OBs in one place...this will make history!!!!!

So your MINI sounds amazing and judging from the tone of your post, you are properly smitten. Most excellent!!!

So....do stay in touch, even during your wait. As you can tell, total madness has been averted numerous times 'round these parts as owners-in-waiting stuggle to maintain some semblance of a grip on their sanity.

Very excited for ya!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
It's intangible...that feeling of art, power, the open road, adventure..in a classic like the MINI.
Very well said!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:35 PM
jedorme
1st Gear
I can put a deposit on one that has a cream color line with English oak. Gokartride, the more I look at your interior with the oak, the more I'm feeling the old British classic spirit.
I'm probably prejudiced, having ordered the English Oak w/ the Cream White Colorline, but I think it will be a great combination. And the seat colors should be a good compliment as well as practical for your dogs. We got the beige leather and we have a tan welsh corgi dog, so he will match that also. We needed a British car for our British dog to make him feel more at home in his new country.

Good hunting and hope you get the car.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
jedorme,
WHERE are your pics? What a gorgeous sounding MINI
Of course, a dog must ride in style. My girls are motoring fanatics. My SO and I took a road trip to New Mexico over spring break in my 07 Honda Civic Coupe. They considered it their "traveling crate".

Old 06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
jedorme
1st Gear
Blue Skies 05 - I have my digital camera at the ready (it's not in Australia like gokartride's) but our '07 MC is still on the boat! Until I saw some pictures on this website, I had no idea what the color would look like on the real car. But after all of these encouraging photos & words, I fear not. And I hope our welsh corgi (whose name is "Preston", a proper British moniker) will enjoy the Mini. The backseat will be all his, or at least half of it when we are traveling and we need the other half for our grips. But we travel all of the time in our motorhome, and Mr. P loves it, so I'm sure he'll like the car as well. When our ship comes in and delivers the new wheels, we will post some photos, maybe even including Mr. P with his new OB/OB MC.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Sky Blue Rolled off The Courage in Charleston Yesterday!

Yahoo! I tracked Sky Blue on Wallenius, and she reached port yesterday at 4 pm in Charleston. MINI of Dallas says I'll have her next week.

My daughter lives in Columbia, SC. I love to find symbolism in everything

I'll keep ya'll posted......

Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
MINI of Dallas says I'll have her next week.
Holy crap!!!!!! Well, at least you get a good solid week of torment!!!! Extreme loss of sanity comes in handy once you start motoring as you find you don't really need it any more.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 AM
jedorme
1st Gear
Blue Skies - you said you tracked your car on "wallenius"; what does that mean? I've been following our car on the ship for about 10-12 days on the Mini website and all it ever says is that it is "en route". This must be the slow boat to China because I think the ship should be in Los Angeles by now! Maybe it's just prenatal anxiety but I would love to get more info on what's going on and where our car is now.

BTW, we lived in North Carolina for about 3 years, just across the line from Greenville, SC in the mountains, and we spent much time in the Columbia and Charleston areas - I retired out of San Francisco and Charleston is the San Francisco of the East Coast; beautiful bay town with lots of history and good restaurants. If you ever get a chance to take the Mini Cooper back there, you will find more fun roads to drive than you can imagine. Just head for the Smoky Mountains, and if you have time, get into Tennessee, and you'll love it.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:47 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
To track your MINI, go to this web site and click on "auto cargo" under "Track By". Then enter your VIN. A list with your ship's name and the various ports it will hit comes up.

Once you have a ship name, you can go here and see its location. Click on "Ship Tracker" and then "find specific ship by name or callsign." Sometimes you have to select from a number of ships w/ similar names, but you should find yours. You can jot down the callsign if you want...I just entered the name everytime (daily) I checked the whereabouts of my ship.

Once you get to port the car disappears into the black hole known as the VDC. You'll be going mad once this happens because your MINI may be a week away and you'll have no idea where it is. Generally, once a MINI clears the VDC and put on a carrier, the dealership is notified, so I think it's best to hound your MA at least hourly.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Good info, gokart! Jedorme, my daughter lives in Columbia, SC. I was there visiting last summer and, wow, are there some lovely country back roads. Just an all around sweet spot in America. Maurice's pulled pork.........yowza. And, Hammies, near Elgin. Can't wait

My sister will fly in and then drive with me back to Texas. Sky Blue will get a work out on some Smokey Mountain roads on the return home. Hey, I JUST now thought if it. (End of school year overload...I teach 8th graders in a middle school).

THE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:02 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
THE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will be the first Oxygen Blue MINI ever to drive the Dragon, I'll bet!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:46 AM
jedorme
1st Gear
gokartride - many thanks for the 2 sites; found out that the ship is the MAERSK WIND and at this very moment it is right off Cabo San Lucas, about 24-36 hours out of Port Huenneme (sp?), near LA. The VDC is in Oxnard & then the car has to be trasnported to Las Vegas. I hope the Mini will be safe in Sin City so we want to save her quickly. What fun to track the ship but probably better you told me close to the end of the voyage or I would have been getting hourly fixes!

Blue Skies - if you are going to run the Dragon, you can get there from where we used to live; outside of Ashville take 19 I think to Maggie Valley to Cherokee and I recall it connects with US129 further on down the road, but the trip there is beautifull and fun to drive. Just watch out for those crazy motorcycles as they drive like mad. And if you get to Charleston, go have lunch or dinner at Jestines & also at the Wreck of the Richard & Charlene, 2 of the best places to get food in the south.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
probably better you told me close to the end of the voyage or I would have been getting hourly fixes!
Yeah, that drove me........er....I mean, will drive you nuts!!!:impatient

Old 06-22-2007, 12:47 AM
jedorme
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Yeah, that drove me........er....I mean, will drive you nuts!!!:impatient
Yea, here it is after midnight, and the last thing I did before shutting down the computer was to check that the bloody ship hadn't sunk and was still heading the right direction, north to LA. Have to worry about hihackers (seasick carjackers?), and now probably Mini terrorists that want to get our cars. But all is well, and the ship is right on track about half way up the coast of the Baja peninsula on its path to the Golden State and thence to the Silver State and finally into our possession, the Mini State. :impatient :impatient

Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 AM
jedorme
1st Gear
Mini's Ship Is In

According to the tracking website, our OB/OB's ship is in today in the Port Huenneme terminal facility. The dealer tells me as a Priority One car it should be last loaded on the ship and in the first batch off.

Does anyone recall how long it took their MC's to transit the VDC? The dealer says 7-10 days before they will have the car in Las Vegas, and I hope that they are overestimating so we will be happy if it gets there sooner.

Actually, we're really only going to be happy when our MC is parked in front of wherever we are! :impatient

Old 06-23-2007, 12:09 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
The dealer says 7-10 days before they will have the car in Las Vegas
That seems a pretty typical wait for delivery. The dealer will know the exact date when the car clears the VDC...you could check for that. Once you know, it's safe to start planning some time-off work!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:57 PM
mommashine
4th Gear
we have a new o2b in our neck of the woods... Nigel is from MS and is a beautiful addition to our group... he is o2b/w... didn't get much of a chance to check out the insides... nice parents too... interesting people... i don't think dull ppl can own a o2b... i think it's written in a bylaw book somewhere... lol...

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club