R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 PM
amberback
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all! How is everyone?

Mindy and I just enjoyed a ton of Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix events. We even won 3rd place in the kick-off rallye, out of 95 cars. And she just rolled over 30,000 miles this weekend. We've been busy this July!

Also, I found out a friend of a friend has a Classic Leyland Mini that looks just like her... he doesn't drive it or show it or anything... it has become my mission to get him to sell it to me.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:21 AM
CooperDreams
2nd Gear
Hi guys...It has been too long since I last visited the forum. Bruiser is doing well, but I am needing to replace my run flats. I am seriously considering buying non-run flats this time. My husband had dubbed my car the tank and I think has a lot to do with the tires.

I am sorry if this point has been discussed before but have any of you swapped your tires yet and what recommendations do you have for regular tires?

Hope you all are doing well!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:23 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CooperDreams
Hi guys...It has been too long since I last visited the forum. Bruiser is doing well, but I am needing to replace my run flats. I am seriously considering buying non-run flats this time. My husband had dubbed my car the tank and I think has a lot to do with the tires.

I am sorry if this point has been discussed before but have any of you swapped your tires yet and what recommendations do you have for regular tires?

Hope you all are doing well!
Mine didn't come with run-flats... but I replaced the stock ones since I got new wheels. I like my Yokohama Avid Envigors, great ultra performance all-seasons for dry and wet but I would never run them in snow (if thats an issue for you).

Old 07-27-2011, 01:01 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I swapped Molly's Shoes after 1.5yrs. with Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grids, love the ride, and snow traction last Winter was great, as for noise they are getting a bit noisy, but then we have extremely crappy Freeways here in the PNW. Hope that helps!!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
We're home! Jimmy and I have a nice roof over our MINIs, too.

We are absolutely loving this house. This is the only shot I have of both of our cars in the garage right now (Jimmy just bought a lawnmower and he's in love with the dang thing, it takes priority over his car in the garage now). We're looking forward to lots of fun times with MINI club meets, modifying and various other garage-based events! Yay!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:59 PM
90210oxygenblue
2nd Gear
got tinted today. 35% ceramic all around

Old 08-10-2011, 02:41 PM
LEASH
1st Gear
I've gotta be honest... I've been creepin a little on here. It's just because OB is the BEST color MINI ever made!!! I have Midnight Black (not cheating on it, promise) but this was traded in on our lot and I am head over heals!!! You guys have got it made!

Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Hi guys! Lyle of Vinyl Styles posted a thread that he is able to have vinyl custom matched to MINI body colors and is taking requests for colors so he can gauge interest in each. I'd love to be able to get my boot handle, interior, and a few other things wrapped in Oxygen Blue vinyl. If you guys are also interested please go post in his thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...nyl-wraps.html

Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 AM
amberback
5th Gear
The last piece (tail lights) I need to remove all the ugly orange lights from my Mindy are on the way. Can't wait to be orange-free! Got 'em used (20k miles) on the marketplace here... hopefully the install is easy! Then I'll be on a mission to find someone to sell my old tail lights to...

Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Funny, but not really...

MINI of Portland had to open up a PUMA Case on Molly, she's thrown 4 CELs for O2 Sensor...I know she's Oxygen Blue but this is ridiculous!! Mom's really bummed hopefully they will figure it out and she'll be able to come home today!!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:15 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
MINI of Portland had to open up a PUMA Case on Molly, she's thrown 4 CELs for O2 Sensor...I know she's Oxygen Blue but this is ridiculous!! Mom's really bummed hopefully they will figure it out and she'll be able to come home today!!
How's Molly??

Mindy thinks one of her lights is out... but none are out. I guess she's going to get a software update or reinstall or something next week to fix that.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by amberback
How's Molly??

Mindy thinks one of her lights is out... but none are out. I guess she's going to get a software update or reinstall or something next week to fix that.
She's fine now, they found a cracked Gasket from the CAT to the Exhaust, she also is running a lot smoother, funny how I never noticed it!!

Keep us updated on your issue!! FYI - Did you check 1 or both License Plate Bulbs?? Sometimes those get overlooked!!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
How ironic. The day my room mate gets her MINI back from being backed into, I hit a deer with mine :(
Basically, there were 5 of them standing in the road - it was about 3AM and I was driving down a country road. Slammed on my brakes to try to stop in time, knew I wouldn't so I swerved to the right and hit the one on the end of the line. It flew up and over the hood (to the left and off the side of the  car, not straight back) so it hit my headlight pretty much dead on. Crumpled the hood, dented my grille and knocked my headlight down. Other than being shaken and scared to death, we (my boyfriend and I) were fine. I honestly didn't even feel it when I struck the deer, it was just a loud "THUNK!" when it made contact.

The policewoman that came on the scene was absolutely amazed at how well my car held up after hitting the deer. She said when she had heard a MINI Cooper struck a deer, she expected us to be in bad shape and the car to be totalled. Nope. It's even still driveable, just doesn't look too pleasant from the front. Unfortunately the deer died about 30 feet away, in someone's front yard. I hit it pretty hard, sadly.

We got all our insurance paperwork taken care of and yesterday morning we took it to an adjuster for an estimate of what needed to be fixed. I think there was a total of 12 parts? Most of them very minor (like individual slats in my grille, my stripes and some clips that hold things together). He was also amazed at the small amounts of damage. Took it to the body shop and got an estimate for repairs - a little under $2,500USD. I expected it to be around there, but Jimmy expected it to be $5-6,000. So glad it wasn't the latter. All in all this has been pretty painless (other than the poor deer). I'm glad we chose the insurance company we did now, but I'm still quite upset about killing an animal and hurting my poor baby. Nothing you can really do about it, but I'll probably brood over it for the next week or so.

So that's where I've been. How has everyone else been doing?

Old 09-30-2011, 08:36 AM
amberback
5th Gear
She's fine now, they found a cracked Gasket from the CAT to the Exhaust, she also is running a lot smoother, funny how I never noticed it!!

Keep us updated on your issue!! FYI - Did you check 1 or both License Plate Bulbs?? Sometimes those get overlooked!!
So I took it in yesterday, looked it over, said they couldn't find a light out and it was probably a software issue. But of course they can't just reflash the computer... they had to go through the 'test plan' replacing bulbs and such to see if it fixed it. They said the fault is in a fog light, an option I don't have and that my car should have been programmed to know that I don't have fog lights but apparently it wasn't. (I'm wondering if this is related to the fact that when I tracked my order from the factory the car was listed as an S? Then perhaps programmed as having S features?)

Anyways, I'm so lucky I get to take it back AGAIN because after running through the test plan they didn't have enough time to actually reinstall the software. I'm crossing my fingers that they can just have a driver pick it up while i'm at work and bring it back to me.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
amberback
5th Gear
Glad you're ok Jessica! Hope Basil's plastic surgery goes quickly and smoothly. I'm sure she'll be back to perfect in no time.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
90210oxygenblue
2nd Gear
WEll mine is throwing tire pressure monitor warnings, and not throwing windshield wiper fluid.

I think my car has gone mad :(

Old 10-13-2011, 05:53 AM
amberback
5th Gear
So i got my light warning issue all fixed. Dealer was nice and picked it up for me from my work (like 30 miles from the dealer), left me a loaner, reprogrammed it, and brought it back to me at work the next day. _

Installed my new clear tail lights - that was pretty easy. Probably took 30 minutes. Now I need to sell the old ones... (thinking my best bet is eBay & sold individually instead of as a set?)

But my car mustn't have liked her new tail lights because the next day she threw her bottom chrome grill trim off into the air while I was driving. (It had been loose occasionally.) So... $32 to order a new one of those to be delivered next week.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Blainestang
6th Gear
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Got our OB MINI out to a Porsche vs. BMW Auto-X last weekend. Ended up with the best MINI time and ahead of 10+ Porsches, as well. Pretty good for a stock, 118hp Cooper on all-season tires :D.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
New Car

Well I upgraded my Oxygen Blue Mini to a new Chili Red Justa. It was a pleasure being part of the Oxy Blue fam. If anyone from SoCal looking to buy a slightly used excellent condition Oxygen Blue Mini Cooper message me cause I am selling my old one.

Attached Thumbnails Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club-pc302511.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dory the Cooper
Well I upgraded my Oxygen Blue Mini to a new Chili Red Justa. It was a pleasure being part of the Oxy Blue fam. If anyone from SoCal looking to buy a slightly used excellent condition Oxygen Blue Mini Cooper message me cause I am selling my old one.

Sorry to see you go Dory!!

So why a "Justa" again??!!

Old 01-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
Sorry to see you go Dory!!

So why a "Justa" again??!!
I am sad to leave Dory the Cooper but her new brother (I think my new car is a boy) is a very nice upgrade! I got a new Justa cause I dont need the extra HP in an S. I looked at the Coupe but that really wants for me.

I will let you guys know when I sell my car and tell the new owner about the very limited club he/she will be in with an Oxygen Blue Cooper!!

Old 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Are you talking Option Upgrades? If so what did have...and...what did you get??

Old 01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Dory the Cooper
2nd Gear
Are you talking Option Upgrades? If so what did have...and...what did you get??
My Oxygen Blue had automatic and premium package. Plus I checkered everything out. My new one has Automatic, Mini Connected with Navi, Xenon with black housing, harman/kardon, White turn-signal, 16" alloy wheels, Anthracite headliner, Rooster Red and Black bonnet.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
It's been a while, hi guys!
Dory, your upgrade is nice. I love the black headlight housing - if I ever have to move away from Basil, my next MINI has to have that option. I hope your Oxygen Blue gets a great new owner.

For Christmas I got two awesome things for Basil: new shift/parking brake boots and a gobadge holder with two gobadges! We haven't installed the shift/parking brake boots yet, we'll be trying to do so this weekend. The badges, however, were installed as soon as I got them out of the packaging! I was so excited!

And since it's been that long since I've said anything.... Basil's recovery went very smoothly. He looks practically brand new!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:26 AM
amberback
5th Gear
So how many of us will be at the dragon this year?! Let's break the record! (Which... i think is 4 or 5.)

Quick Reply: R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club