R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Official Oxygen Blue Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're gonna have to forgive me, my fellow OB owners, but I need some help!

I have (had) one of those magnets that stick on your car in the shape of a paw print that says "I love my dogs," cause, well, I do love my dogs, and it's cute! Well, I was washing Dr. Horrible, my OB Mini yesterday, and removed the magnet, only to find a bunch of caked on mud and dirt underneath it. I remove the magnet every few weeks to check for dust and things like that, but this was pretty badly caked on. I was able to remove most of it without an issue, aside from a small, pebble sized dirt clot that had almost hardened into a rock! I'm serious!

I tried for awhile to remove it, with no avail, and gave up for the night, and went in to tell my parents. My Dad said he'd take care of it in the morning...

So, I get up this morning and go out to wax my car, and check to see if he had managed to get the dirt off... which he HAD, but now there's a HUGE nasty paint chip and several scratches!!

Now I'm left wondering how to fix this. I know I probably should have done this sooner, but is there a way to obtain paint from the dealership, or Mini USA themselves? Oh my gosh I need help

Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ever used an Orbital Polisher? That should take care of the scratches, depending how deep they are. As for the chip, yeah a Paint Stick is about all that is going to fix that.

If you've not dealt with Jarid @ MoP now is the time to give him a call, he is an SA, but always willing answer any questions and is the BEST there is there!!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Ever used an Orbital Polisher? That should take care of the scratches, depending how deep they are. As for the chip, yeah a Paint Stick is about all that is going to fix that.

If you've not dealt with Jarid @ MoP now is the time to give him a call, he is an SA, but always willing answer any questions and is the BEST there is there!!

HA! He sold me my car four years ago! Didn't realize he was back with MoP. I need to schedule service anyway for an oil change.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Almost 100,000 miles -- and still lovin' Tedscar!

Hey all--too long since I've posted but I wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you or this thread! Tedscar and I passed our 4-year anniversary in a blaze of glory and celebrated with a fall trip to Michigan, including the Upper Peninsula. I've had almost nary a dot of problems, with the exception of one recent incident in the last month.

I'd been out taking some pictures when we finally had a little sun a few weeks ago. I was having a grand time; stayed past sunset and MOTORED on home just after dark. I literally had just pulled into the garage and the RED low engine pressure light came on! YIKES. I tried to calm myself down, let the oil drain for an hour or so, then went back out to see what was going on. The oil level was fine, but looked a little milky. There was a coating of what I thought was oil below the oil filter housing but I knew that was fine when I changed the oil several weeks earlier.

Long story short(er), I had to have it hauled to the dealer (1.5 hours away). They found the oil pressure switch and coolant temp sensor to be leaking. They replaced those parts and the gaskets and the thermostat. They were great; lined me out with a rental car at no charge! I've had it back two weeks+, and haven't had any more problem.

Tedscar isn't the cleanest MINI in the world. In four years, I have often questioned my sanity buying a car I would care so much about and living out in the sticks where dairy farms, dirt roads and winter road treatment is a constant challenge. I can get within a mile of home with a clean car, and by the time I pull into the driveway, it' filthy . But, the joy of driving that car; of keeping Ted's adventurous legend alive and truly enjoying the trip (whether it's across town, across the state, or across the country) is absolutely AWESOME!

I rue the day I should ever have to try to replace Tedscar. From the Oxy Blue exterior, to Mellow Yellow color line and the checkerboard dash, it's a one-of-a-kind. Anything less would be far, far less. I had plenty of time to check out all the contemporary MINI colors when I was up at the dealer a few weeks ago. In my opinion, there just isn't a color in the current lineup that compares to ours!

I hope you're all doing well (especially you, RJ!). Motor On; maybe I'll see you out on the road!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:34 PM
bobsax
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods

In my opinion, there just isn't a color in the current lineup that compares to ours!

!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tedswoods
I rue the day I should ever have to try to replace Tedscar. From the Oxy Blue exterior, to Mellow Yellow color line and the checkerboard dash, it's a one-of-a-kind. Anything less would be far, far less. I had plenty of time to check out all the contemporary MINI colors when I was up at the dealer a few weeks ago. In my opinion, there just isn't a color in the current lineup that compares to ours!

I hope you're all doing well (especially you, RJ!). Motor On; maybe I'll see you out on the road!
I think we all feel the same way...Oxygen Blue is by far the most "speak to me" color of the Mini/MINI Line up...it did too us when we did our Test Drive 5yrs. and 2wks. ago today!!

Tedswoods I am doing and looking fabulous...today I'm celebrating my 2yr.11mo. post Heart Surgery, even wearing my "the beat goes on" t-shirt and I've lost 23lbs.
I celebrated my 50th Birthday on the 19th, Molly was supposed to have Driving Lights installed that day, but due to damaged parts it was put off until the 21st, well the Parts Dept. did not order the JCW grill which Molly has and parts did not come in yesterday, so it's been pushed back until tomorrow, but I have a 2013 MINI Cooper Roadster for a Loaner so at least I'm driving a MINI.
The PDX MINI Club (I'm past President) is doing amazingly well, we've had a couple of Social Events already, Coffee & Conversation @ MINI of Portland, and next Saturday we have our 1st Run of 2013!! My Husband and I just did the PreRun today in the Roadster, I needed him to copilot due to the unfamiliarity of the car, otherwise Molly and I would have torn up the twisties on our own!!

Motoron...I've replied to your PM...please message me again...thanks!!

Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
Right On, RJ!

Hey RJ--that is WONDERFUL that you're doing so well! Good for you and for Molly too! It sounds like you've got a new lease on life and that things are just "ducky" there in Oregon (don't tell 'em I said that at my Alma Mater, OSU)! I'm really glad for you.

The MINI community was definitely a plus when I got into this gig several years ago. I met some fantastic people, saw some amazing sites (I forgot to mention that Tedscar has also been to MINIs on Top twice, in addition to all the other adventures). Everywhere we go we seem to make friends (and a lot of admirers who especially love the Oxy Blue). I can only imagine the fun you've had with the MINI Club there (and you've got some great country to explore).

Miss Molly sounds like she's going to be all dolled up by now (how exciting!) and I'm sure she'll look wonderful! I did the JCW grille install a couple years ago and really like the way it looks.

Wish I could come join you for your first event of '13 but I don't think it's in the cards (would LOVE to do another x-country trip in Tedscar). Have a blast! How do you like that Roadster? It actually is a kind of tempting model for me but I'm pretty sold on the Justa. In fact, I hope Tedscar goes for another 100,000 miles. That could be a few trips back and forth cross-country...

How's this?? We had to take our Subie to the other side of the county this morning and on the way home, stopped at an intersection and wouldn't you know it, but had to wait for another Oxy Blue MINI coming from the other direction! That may not sound like a big deal to those of you where MINIs are plentiful, but that's not the case here. In fact, I think there might be only three or four of us in a 30-mile radius. So, to wait for a fellow MINI owner, especially an Oxy Blue one, just made my day.

Anywaayy, good for you RJ! Enjoy your MINI and enjoy your life. Maybe one of these days our paths will cross!

bobsax, I hope you're having a blast in that smart- and retro-looking Oxy Blue MINI of yours!

Last edited by tedswoods; 02-25-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Because I can
Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Hey guys! Haven't heard from you in FOREVER. How has everyone been? I hope we're all still loving the wheels off our Oxy Blue MINIs...

Basil's actually had a facelift recently:

Also, Basil has another sibling! We traded in Jimmy's 2006 R53 for a 2013 Spice Orange Clubman. Very happy with it - still keeping up the 3 MINI household! We've had quite a lot of fun in both of them. We were very sad to see the 06 go, but it was time. We love the extra space of the Clubman and the personality it has! No name yet, we'll see in time.

So what have you guys been up to? It's way too quiet in here!

Old 04-12-2014, 09:40 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Many of us will be or already have celebrated a Mile Stone with our beloved Oxygen Blue MINIs...let's here where you've been and where you are going with or without your MINI?
Molly's 6th Delivery Anniversary will be this coming Saturday, April 19th, she will have almost 76,000 miles on her, another 3,000+ will be added with yet another trip down to AZ to visit Family.
This last month was by far the biggest modding I have done to her to date, during our PDX MINI Club Tech Weekend she got Koni FSD Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hotchkis Adjustable Rear Camber Links, and Eibach Front Camber Plates.
Today we did a MINI mini fun run up to Hood River, approx. 150mi., one thing I've noticed with this mod, I do not get as tired of riding/driving her as I did when she had a stock suspension, funny how that works.
Anyway, just wanted to say Hey and hope all is well with our O2 Blue Brethren.
HAPPY MOTORING!!

Old 04-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Agent.COOPER
3rd Gear
Oh, yay! Hi! Long time no talk!

Basil's 5th birthday is quick approaching, and he also just passed 50k yesterday! He's been fantastic and I love him more every day. He's finally getting his roof repainted in a few weeks after some rather unpleasant damage, so I can't wait to see him looking all shiny and new again.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:07 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Agent.COOPER
Oh, yay! Hi! Long time no talk!

Basil's 5th birthday is quick approaching, and he also just passed 50k yesterday! He's been fantastic and I love him more every day. He's finally getting his roof repainted in a few weeks after some rather unpleasant damage, so I can't wait to see him looking all shiny and new again.
Glad to hear you're still lovin' your MINI even with his flaws!! 😀

Old 11-14-2015, 09:33 PM
vballcoach
1st Gear
Is this club still accepting members??

I love my 2010 Just-a OxyBlue!! Totally having fun with it. Reminds me of my '90 Miata and my Datsun 510 back in high school.